Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp

Just got off the phone with my dealer whom I've been pestering for options, colors, etc.

Order guide says 360 hp. Also unique are optional folding carbon-fiber mirrors in lieu of the aluminum.

Tech Package (Nav, Bose, rear park sensors, Adaptive Headlights, ambient LED lighting)
Sport Exhaust Titanium Package (Sport Exhaust, Titanium colored 19" wheels)
Black Wheel with Red Trim (ala RS3) 19" wheel
Aluminum Matte Optic exterior package
Carbon Fiber power-folding mirrors
Rear Spoiler Delete
Alcantara/ Leather interior

Colors are:
Phantom Black Pearl
Ibis White
Monza Silver Pearl
Sepang Blue Pearl
Misano Red Pearl
Suzuka Gray Pearl
Looks like all "pearl" colors are at an extra charge

Interior looks like black only
Will be 2012 model

Price: still being determined??

Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of

Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
This will be sweet!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Shame they're not bringing the dual clutch transmission to the US.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
True that. The "story" is that with so few being brought to the US AoA got to pick one version. Amazing that we even get to pick colors. I'll take the 6S though. If the tranny-management software is anything like my TTS I had (awful) I'm happy to be getting the manual.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
i would have thought most people still prefer 6-speed sportscars in the US?!

congrats on purchase KK!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I prefer a manual, just spend too much time in traffic. The dual-clutch transmissions are really nice.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Another stupid decision by Audi USA keeping the faster DSG version from the USA. I was hoping since the USA was such an important market for Audi they would import all of the future RS models without neutering them; wrong again I guess.
Bish

Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
While I think it's a fair complaint that we in the US are limited to a certain version, Audi however threw us a bone by giving us the rumored TTRS+, considering the rest of the world gets only 340hp.

{not that 20hp would be that noticeable/ maybe splits the difference between the DSG and mannytranny?}

Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Official Colors

Sepang Blue Pearl Effect

Ibis White (only non-charge color)

Misano Red Pearl Effect

Monza Silver Pearl Effect

Suzuka Gray Pearl Effect

Phantom Black Pearl Effect

Old 04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KK Moto
While I think it's a fair complaint that we in the US are limited to a certain version, Audi however threw us a bone by giving us the rumored TTRS+, considering the rest of the world gets only 340hp.

{not that 20hp would be that noticeable/ maybe splits the difference between the DSG and mannytranny?}
Having seen and sat in one of these awesome cars at the Goodwood F of S I was really hoping we would be able to purchase every useful option, and certainly for a track rocket, the TT RS would be quicker on track with the DSG. As for the 'extra' 20 hp Audi is granting us; I agree you'll never notice it from behind the wheel.
Bish

Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by thebishman
Having seen and sat in one of these awesome cars at the Goodwood F of S I was really hoping we would be able to purchase every useful option, and certainly for a track rocket, the TT RS would be quicker on track with the DSG. As for the 'extra' 20 hp Audi is granting us; I agree you'll never notice it from behind the wheel.
Bish
I've never sat in a TTRS, cool that you have. Shame you couldn't have thrashed it a bit! I presume it will not be that dissimilar to my old TTS which was excellent in every way (except the ridiculous turbo lag and mind-of-its-own DSG programming). Hoping the RS version will fix those issues.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
I'm gonna order one this weekend. Anyone know what the non sport grill look like on the RS? I'm thinking silver, white or Suzuka grey. I took a pic of the grey in London and it looks like a pearl white. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested. Looks much different than the previous pic above.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by gtr
Looks much different than the previous pic above.
I believe the Suzuka Gray photo from above (which I clipped from the Euro TT forum) was very overcast outside. It does not make the car look flattering. Many people have said it's a stunning color. Hurry up and try to get some info from your dealing; mine is not telling me much despite me being #1 of their orders.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by KK Moto
I've never sat in a TTRS, cool that you have. Shame you couldn't have thrashed it a bit! I presume it will not be that dissimilar to my old TTS which was excellent in every way (except the ridiculous turbo lag and mind-of-its-own DSG programming). Hoping the RS version will fix those issues.
I'm still partial to white, ironically it's the only no-charge color.

Curious what was wrong w/ the DSG?

I repeat the consensus that the TTRS for C/USM should have gotten the DSG.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official: US TT-RS with 360 hp