Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 S4 Recommended Tuners & Accessories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sakimano
It should be noted that once you Stasis tune your car, your Audi warranty on drivetrain/engine etc. will be VOID.

You do not retain your Audi warranty...your Audi warranty is replaced with a Stasis warranty. Very important difference. Stasis will never say/write this as they don't want people to know it, but it's true. Audi North America's leader Johan De Nyschen (hope I spelled that right) explained this in a recent interview. Do you really want to hunt Stasis down for a new engine if something goes wrong? Do you really think they'll happily pay up?

As for parts for the B8 S4, I'd get an APR 93 octane tune (which really just holds full boost right to redline rather than having it bled off in the low 5000 rpm range) and nothing else for now. NONE of the other modifications are proven yet. Just be very patient and wait for the market to develop and wait for some owners to step up and show the market what works.

For example the catbacks ... I've never heard anyone do an analysis of their performance and design as it relates to flow. Just a bunch of guys posting sound videos and deciding based on that. Same with the 034 test pipes (some guys think they make them SLOWER) and the intakes (which historically have HINDERED performance on Audi S4s.

Patience was rewarded in the B5 world. Same in the B6/7 S4 world...and again in the B7 RS4 world. It will be the same in the B8 world, but plenty of guiys will spend thousands of dollars because they were unable to wait to see these parts prove themselves first...and were instead too eager (understandable, but unfortunate).

While I agree with some of your points , I dont agree with all of them.

Particularly the statement you make regarding nothing else being proven.

Extensive testing has gone into our products and have been tested on our own in house car.. We took the approach of hardware that works and elected not mask our products with software like most companies do.

Once the software is completed by GIAC the package will be complete.
But for now we have proven performance upgrades that are hardware based.

All tested and proven on our own in house B8 S4.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
So some tuners have full access to the unhackable siemens 104 byte RSA encrypted(with cpu lockout)? Or are they just piggybacks?

Whats the data look like in these tunes(whp/wtq and times)?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 PM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
GMG - what 'proven' parts do you have? A smaller sc pulley but no tune to support it?

In any event 'proven' to me means tested thoroughly, followed by customers having success with it (the real proving ground).

No offense but I don't really care what the guys selling the product say about the validity...I want to see other members of the community test the product before I buy anything.

In any event looking forward to the day 5 pulleys, 5 catbacks, 5 tunes etc are available. That's when we'll see what is 'proven'. Until then too many customers are blindly trusting these tuning companies.

A great example is the 'other' sc pulley on the market...from the looks of it they didn't test it on any dsg cars (as it was throwing dsg cars into limp mode from the torque levels). Or the 'high flow cats' that appear to be choking the cars at high rpms. Stuff like that screams 'these products are not ready to be removed from the oven yet'...but b8 owners still clamour to eat them up.

My advice is the same...sit back and wait for everyone to fk up, then decide where to spend.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:05 AM
2ndGen.rocket is infamous around these parts
A pulley with no tune is useless, the ECU just bleeds off any extra boost. Let's see some before and after dyno numbers with just a pulley installed.

So far between this and the fact that the last set of "World Challenge" headers we saw sent to a customer didn't even come close to fitting, my faith in the R&D that is conducted at GMG is extremely low.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Sakiamo

To clarify we don't make a smaller SC pulley, actually we do a larger crank pulley all the details can be found on our website. And the results have been proven on my personal S4 20k miles no problems.

More info can be found here : http://gmgracing.com/audi_b8s4.shtml
I encourage you to read up about it its very informative and educational.

2ndGen.rocket.
I dealt Scott so I don't know who this actually is (2ndGen.rocket) and yes we ran into issues with the header system and we tried to do everything in our power to make the situation correct. I spoke with Scott directly the day the issues were discovered and immediately offered to either take the product back and give him a full refund or fix the problem and send another set, he elected to send them back as he did not have time and needed to get the car back and the road. To further that I even offered to pay for half the labor to install are set at a later date.. Scott himself and I quote said
" There is no doubt that this is the proper solution to the header and high flow needs of S4 owners as the workmanship and parts were first rate"

We can go back and forth with this but the fact remains GMG is not a small company nor is it a fly by night hole in the wall shop by any means. We invest in the cars and the technology to produce reliable parts, are we perfect No but we do go the extra mile to support our clients and those who purchase are products.

Over 11 years in business and a very successful professional racing program ( World Challenge and ALMS) as well as facility and personal that are leaders in the industry have allowed us to build a reputation and a brand for delivering first rate solutions to Porsche and Audi consumers.

So with that being said, I hope this helps explain our position on the topic at hand.

If either one of you have any questions or needs specific information please do not hesitate to email or call me directly. I would be happy to help you both out and answer any questions you may have. I would hate to have any assumptions or inconsistencies with our products and how they perform.

Its Saturday and were actually closed I will post the dyno sheets of the lower pulley when I get back in the office after Tuesday.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 08-13-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 PM
apexit1 is infamous around these partsapexit1 is infamous around these parts
Any idea on the effect the lower pulley would have with the apr pulley, intake, exhaust, and tune?

Oh and how do you respond to the ecu question? The stock ecu bleeds off excess boost making the pulley useless as the extra boost will be bleed off anyway. I'd love to see the dyne and video if the dyne was recorded.

Last edited by apexit1; 08-13-2011 at 07:55 PM.