Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

"The Black Pearl" build - B8 a4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
"The Black Pearl" build - B8 a4

I've been lazy in posting pics since I got the car last month, so here we go:

2009 P+ 2wd Black on black

Mods so far:

- Hardwired v1
- Premier's Diamond IR tint: 73% windshield, 35% front sides, 20% rear and rear sides
- Premier's tail light tinting(the lighter version)
- Debadged rear

On order:
- VMR v718s 19x9.5 in Sunken Treasure Powdercoat -From what I was told there are a lot of people curious about how this color looks, so in 2-3 weeks you'll all know! From the pictures Andy@VMR has sent me, it looks like a black gold. This is also what caused my wife to dub the car "The Black Pearl."
- Hankook v12 255/35/19 for those rims
- Gominigo tow hook license plate holder
- Full LED interior light and license plate light conversion
- Fill plate for the front grill
- Shadowline for all the chrome exterior pieces, matte black

Planned:
- Blacked out grille and emblems
- Air ride: From what I've been able to find here and elsewhere, there are no reputable US based air ride systems for the B8, and the only good one(GAS) is in Germany and doesn't ship to the US, not that I feel comfortable shelling out a few grand to a company on the other side of the world in case something goes wrong. Any advice or pointers would be appreciated. We want bags so we can be low when wanted, and raise it when we need to get somewhere without scraping. Not big on dragging frame and all that hoop-lah.
- Quad exhaust: I've talked to APR but seeing as they don't know what vehicle their customers put the system on they couldn't guarantee their quad exhaust would fit on 2wd, as it's listed as fitting just quattro on their sales site. If anyone has quad exhaust on a 2wd, please let me know what brand you have and how it worked.
-Vinyl wrap: some sort of matte dark gray, haven't completely decided yet. I tried a sample of Premier's Satin Guard but with my black not being metallic it didn't really look that amazing to me.
-R8 GT steering wheel: See questions below.

Questions:
- On my side mirror picture below, if you notice the line on the mirror itself about 1/4" in from the edge all the way around, what is that? It seems like some sort of tint or something. Is it stock or was that from the previous owner?

- I want to get the R8 GT steering wheel with paddle shifters. I have the 8speed transmission(CVT I think?) with sport mode and the semi-tiptronic shifter lever(knock the lever to the right then push/pull up/down to shift), would I be able to get paddle shifters to work relatively easy, or is that a no-go?

And finally the pics. Apologies for cell phone not artsy pics, I know Andy @ VMR will have a proper photo shoot once those wheels get on and I'm back in SD.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
looking good, keep us posted with PICS!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM
TK7
TK7 is infamous around these parts
very nice

Old 11-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
Just a little change but I like it. Still deciding how to black out my grill, and if I want to leave the chrome surround as it is for now or not.
Unfortunately USPS is dragging *** and I'm hoping to get the other 3 shipments before thanksgiving(LED interior lights, BMWshadowline, xenonmatch Hoen fogs)

Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
VMR 718 in Sunken Treasure Powdercoat, 19x9.5, Hankook Ventus V12 255/35/19

The rest of the pics you'll have to wait until VMR posts them, as mine turned out crappy. Hopefully you can see the change of color in the different lights: almost gold in sunlight, dark bronze-gold in dim light, and black in low light.
And yes, I know, more low. Working on a bag system atm.