RS4 supercharged (apr 590 crank hp)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM
PRS
Former Vendor
PRS is infamous around these parts
RS4 supercharged (apr 590 crank hp)

07 RS4 we base lined it on our mustang dyno and it only put 277 to the wheels. Our dyno reads 18 percent lower than a dynojet. Most awd cars have 20-25 % drivetrain loss.
After the APR supercharger kit and tune it put down 400whp (mustang)
400x1.18= 472 whp (dynojet)
The car is an absolute monster and a complete sleeper!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw6mcaS-lRM

Last edited by PRS; 12-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Did you guys do a carbon cleaning as well before installing the supercharger?
Looks great!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
PRS
Former Vendor
Yes we did. The carbon build up was excessive compared to most of the boosted 2.0t's

Old 11-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PRS
Yes we did. The carbon build up was excessive compared to most of the boosted 2.0t's
They tend to be that way. We've got one in the shop now for the CB service.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
so a carbon cleaning, and a 15k supercharger and it made 130whp more. amusing you need a clutch and a few other bits to hold the extra power its gotta be 20k+ for realistically 100whp . i'm still underwhelmed by the hp/$ ratio. gotta pay to play i guess. certianly is sleeper though

Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 AM
noname007 is infamous around these parts
Looks great and very promising for the RS4/S5/S4 line

Old 11-24-2011, 02:00 PM
angrodri is infamous around these parts
Oh boy! I'll keep an eye out for that particular RS4...

You guys just put Koni's/H&R on my B8 S4.

Cheers

Originally Posted by PRS
07 RS4 we baselined it on our mustang dyno and it only put 277 to the wheels. Our dyno reads 18 percent low compared to a dyno jet then factor 25% drivetrain loss.
After the APR supercharger kit and tune it put down 400whp (mustang)
400x1.18= 472 whp (dynojet) x 1.25= 590 crank hp

The car is an absolute monster and a complete sleeper!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw6mcaS-lRM

Old 11-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Scott1961 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jjm4life
so a carbon cleaning, and a 15k supercharger and it made 130whp more. amusing you need a clutch and a few other bits to hold the extra power its gotta be 20k+ for realistically 100whp . i'm still underwhelmed by the hp/$ ratio. gotta pay to play i guess. certianly is sleeper though
Is a bargian compared to what it cost for my car
And by using the formula posted my 446 whp on a Mustang dyno would = 657 crank hp on a dyno jet? I don't think so. For one thing I don't think there is a 25% power train loss, From everything I have read and seen it's a little under 20%. Also have put on about 7K miles since supercharging and nothing else was changed and clutch and other parts holding up fine, now just do it

Old 11-25-2011, 02:56 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scott1961
Is a bargian compared to what it cost for my car
And by using the formula posted my 446 whp on a Mustang dyno would = 657 crank hp on a dyno jet? I don't think so. For one thing I don't think there is a 25% power train loss, From everything I have read and seen it's a little under 20%. Also have put on about 7K miles since supercharging and nothing else was changed and clutch and other parts holding up fine, now just do it
haha but scott we arent all ballers like you old man

besides your car now, is how it should have been from the factory. the sound of it will never get old.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
PRS
Former Vendor
They are completely two different cars The RS4 with the charger is very impressive!

Please don't compare dyno numbers to other dynos. Unfortunately everyone with a Mustang dyno seems to re-calibrate them to read different numbers. I have backed our mustang dyno numbers up with 3 different dyno jets in the area and have averaged a solid 18% decrease in numbers. In the end they are only a tuning tool. How the car drives on the road is what counts!

Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
Love these cars.... they definitely aren't good bang for the buck though.

Why doesn't anyone make a turbo kit?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gnx7
Love these cars.... they definitely aren't good bang for the buck though.

Why doesn't anyone make a turbo kit?
There's no room and people think the SC kits are expensive, the turbo kit would be even more expensive.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
sniperm is infamous around these parts
So.. is this the only option to boost a rs4?

Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
PRS
Former Vendor
Only option that's turn key to my knowledge. The car is an absolute beast to drive, the cars are not the cheapest to modify.... in terms of reliability making one turbo it would be very costly.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PRS
They are completely two different cars The RS4 with the charger is very impressive!

Please don't compare dyno numbers to other dynos. Unfortunately everyone with a Mustang dyno seems to re-calibrate them to read different numbers. I have backed our mustang dyno numbers up with 3 different dyno jets in the area and have averaged a solid 18% decrease in numbers. In the end they are only a tuning tool. How the car drives on the road is what counts!
I believe he was referring to the 25% drivetrain loss you quoted. Typical DT loss for a man tranny is between 12-15 a little less if the tranny is rear mount. 18-20 loss for autos. With the man and the all wheel drive the rs4 is probably close to DT loss of 18-20%. Of course the only way to figure that out would be to run it on a chasis dyno then pull the engine for the official engine dyno.

400awhp/.82(18% loss) ~ 488awhp dynojet. 488/.80(20% loss crank) ~ 610hp at the crank

Based on these calculation I would guess crank power to be between 600 and 620. An absolute 4 door beast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4 supercharged (apr 590 crank hp)