Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My new single turbo setup, 35 Psi + inside 1000 bhp !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
Originally Posted by sakimano
what's the goal on getting this running on the road? strip?

Please run full weight when you do. Keep your seats in, catback on and bumpers on. Would be a cool thing to see a legit street trim S4 time.
I was running almost full weight on my old setup, I have nothing to prove...

went 140 mph with a full interior, a minor weight loss.

Its pointless for me now to go drag race whit a bose soud system.

I want to achieve a nice streetable 1000 bhp race car... A bit like a gt3 cup car...

Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
clean build...!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Nice setup, you should run her off e85-that big turbo is going to get engine bay REALLY hot, you should wrap it with the heat turbo blankets.. Also comparing a b5 s4 to a GT3 cup is like apples and oranges; rear mounted motor making near 480hp/400 torque that revs to 8500, all naturally aspirated. I hope you have a good suspension set up for all that power.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
Originally Posted by salerno713
Nice setup, you should run her off e85-that big turbo is going to get engine bay REALLY hot, you should wrap it with the heat turbo blankets.. Also comparing a b5 s4 to a GT3 cup is like apples and oranges; rear mounted motor making near 480hp/400 torque that revs to 8500, all naturally aspirated. I hope you have a good suspension set up for all that power.
You dont get my point,
I'm not comparing my S to a GT3 cup, all I wanted to point out is the interior and acessories not retained and still beeing a cool car.

It's the inspiration for my car, period.

In the Vag scene, there is so much hype about beeing full weight, it's usually a great excuse for beeing slow...

Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GURUMAN
In the Vag scene, there is so much hype about beeing full weight, it's usually a great excuse for beeing slow...

No, I think it's a community culture that doesn't want to look like a lame *** ricer, driving around with no bumper and no seats in the car in order to be what you call 'fast'.

These are not drag cars as we all know...they are predominantly just good quick daily drivers. If you want to post a time to be a big swinging dick in the S4/RS4 world, great...but do so in a setup that is relevant to other S4/RS4 owners. i.e. full interior and with an exhaust on the car.

If you want to be a big swinging dick with a stripped out ricer style car missing body panels and seats, again, that's cool...but go post about it on the dragracing forums...where you will be laughed at for being so damn slow. Your old 10.5 is really fast for a full interior daily driven Audi. It is not that special in the drag world though where 7 and 8 second stripped out domestics are pretty common to be honest.

So, people who ask you about being full interior are just confused as to the point of your build. I mean its your car so do whatever you want...but don't talk so much **** in the S4 forum (the kiddie pool) where everyone DDs their car. Especially when your car hasn't moved in 2 years despite 3 big giant build threads. Go talk some **** on forums where fast drag cars live...the shark tank...and you'll learn about ****-talking.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
No, I think it's a community culture that doesn't want to look like a lame *** ricer, driving around with no bumper and no seats in the car in order to be what you call 'fast'.

These are not drag cars as we all know...they are predominantly just good quick daily drivers. If you want to post a time to be a big swinging dick in the S4/RS4 world, great...but do so in a setup that is relevant to other S4/RS4 owners. i.e. full interior and with an exhaust on the car.

If you want to be a big swinging dick with a stripped out ricer style car missing body panels and seats, again, that's cool...but go post about it on the dragracing forums...where you will be laughed at for being so damn slow. Your old 10.5 is really fast for a full interior daily driven Audi. It is not that special in the drag world though where 7 and 8 second stripped out domestics are pretty common to be honest.

So, people who ask you about being full interior are just confused as to the point of your build. I mean its your car so do whatever you want...but don't talk so much **** in the S4 forum (the kiddie pool) where everyone DDs their car. Especially when your car hasn't moved in 2 years despite 3 big giant build threads. Go talk some **** on forums where fast drag cars live...the shark tank...and you'll learn about ****-talking.

These are some very good points. I think Guru is trying to build a fast "S4" although I would not call it one due to the single turbo engine. However as a B5 chasis I applaud his efforts. His car can be driven on the street and has shown to be very "quick" on the drag strip when compared to other street driven Audi's and street cars in general.
I have been following this car for a while and saw it run at Waterfest two or three years ago. (I honestly forget) but it was fast, looked great and was built using inovative designs.
Will his car be the fastest strip car... NO
Will his car be the fastest street car... NO

But it is damn cool for what it is and obvious that it is loved by the owner. I would like to see how reliable this car is in a daily driving situation like NYC during rush hour. That to me would be more impressive than a 9 second one time pass....

Additionally I think the design and engineering on his builds are some of the best around....

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
^^^I agree with you there...I just don't get the need to trash talk.

The only one making excuses would be the person whose car isn't running, and who needed to strip it to keep up with the full interior guys.

JHM just ran a B5 S4 10.8 @ 131 and guruman almost immediately started posting that he thought they were 'cheating' and using nitrous. They weren't...but I guess it just burned him up that their full interior full exhaust, full body (lol...its pathetic that we need to ask if you have bumpers on your car. Is this a VTEC forum???) S4 could get within a couple of tenths of his former GT setup.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Guys

Why does someone always have something negative to say about someone else's build?

Its his car- his money - he chooses to do it a certain way. Let him do it..

Appreciate it for what it is and not what its not.

Everyone has their own idea of what works best.

This forum is meant to promote Audi and what enthusiasts do .. Its bad enough the other Audi forums tend to be filled with nay say'ers all the time.

I have no association to this build nor do I know the guy doing it.

I do commend his efforts and the work looks pretty damn good IMHO.

Not here to rain on anyone's parade.....

Long live the B5

Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Guys

Why does someone always have something negative to say about someone else's build?

Its his car- his money - he chooses to do it a certain way. Let him do it..

Appreciate it for what it is and not what its not.

Everyone has their own idea of what works best.
Fabryce,

Thanks for stepping in, however please read the ENTIRE thread before inserting yourself like that.

For the record NOBODY has said anything negative about this build. I asked him to make a pass full interior as a benchmark...and he followed up a couple of posts later with this ****-talking post:

Originally Posted by GURUMAN

So maybe re-direct your post to guruman. How he can call anyone slow when his car hasn't moved since Lehman Brothers was a good place to take your money, I'll never understand.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
In the past BBB (some of you may know this person) did some impressive passes with a S4. K04's... but a fully stripped interiour. I've seen the car in person a few times and honestely it looked like **** and was not even close to what I would call a safe, street legal car... it would have never passed inspection.
Was it fast? yes...
did it look like crap... yes...
could you drive it on the street? He did...

To each their own... Like Fabryce I love Audi's and recently sold my 996TT before considering selling my beloved B5 S4...

If you guys go to Audizine and look at the builds forum you will see many like minded people who are pushing the B5 platform to the next level.......

I remember when Garrets 25/28's were like a unicorn car.. now everyone seems to be running TIAL 650 or 770/770R kits...

lastly... here's a picture of my baby... since Fabryce shared his

Attached Images    
Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
In the past BBB (some of you may know this person) did some impressive passes with a S4. K04's... but a fully stripped interiour. I've seen the car in person a few times and honestely it looked like **** and was not even close to what I would call a safe, street legal car... it would have never passed inspection.
Was it fast? yes...
did it look like crap... yes...
could you drive it on the street? He did...

To each their own... Like Fabryce I love Audi's and recently sold my 996TT before considering selling my beloved B5 S4...

If you guys go to Audizine and look at the builds forum you will see many like minded people who are pushing the B5 platform to the next level.......

I remember when Garrets 25/28's were like a unicorn car.. now everyone seems to be running TIAL 650 or 770/770R kits...

lastly... here's a picture of my baby... since Fabryce shared his
marc's car was certainly fast but it was, as you said, destroyed. It had 1000 lbs of weight reduction. By the end he was snipping unnecessary wires out of the wiring harness to save weight lol.

With that being said, he did what he did and it was kinda neat. Unfortunately not a great benchmark for others to compare to. Also certainly not something worthy of holding up your timeslip and 'trash talking' other people who chose NOT to destroy their car lol.

I look at the dragstrip as 2 things:

1. a fun way to speed, legally
2. a great benchmark to measure the performance of my car and its mods against other cars in my platform
3. a great benchmark to compare my car to other cars out there

The second two things are possible since the 1/4 mile is a pretty standardized performance test with hundreds of thousands of results preceeding us...thus a great tool for comparing cars. ET is of course going to vary wildly depending on your driving abilities, but MPH is less likely to vary. Sure if you completely screw up your MPH will vary, but lets be realistic...comparing good pass for car A to a good pass for car B and seeing a difference in MPH will point us to the fact there's a difference in the cars that can't be blamed/attributed to the driver (considering both were well driven passes).

Who hasn't looked at their quarter mile time, and then flipped through road and track to see what great cars you're catching up (or beating).

Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow so many great comment about my 2500$ rollig chassis !

I'm tryiing basically to push the limits of this poweplant (V6)

I feel no exagerated love to this B5 chassis, it's actually an A4 1999

If engine runs good and I get my mid 9 sec run, goal will be achieved.

Future plans will be to swap in a B7 chassis. (I have my eyes on a local salvage B7 Rs4 with a blown engine)

Why would it be so unsafe... Scared to drive withouth esp and Abs, I'm not...

Last edited by GURUMAN; 03-16-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Fabryce,

Thanks for stepping in, however please read the ENTIRE thread before inserting yourself like that.

For the record NOBODY has said anything negative about this build. I asked him to make a pass full interior as a benchmark...and he followed up a couple of posts later with this ****-talking post:

So maybe re-direct your post to guruman. How he can call anyone slow when his car hasn't moved since Lehman Brothers was a good place to take your money, I'll never understand.
Ok but since then, nobody went faster than me... So I'm going against myself and looking for USP and Ozz

Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM

You take this way to pesonal

Are you missing love ? or carbon deposit ?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I came to see the build...

But I'm going to stay for the entertainment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new single turbo setup, 35 Psi + inside 1000 bhp !