Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anybody have an exhaust / ECU package for the R8 V10??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Not take anything away from APR as I have dealt with them for over 10 years and they make a great product.

But why would you trust any dyno number without proper airflow in a proper test cell, the numbers are not consistent and the "claimed" speculation of more performance on the street is just that.

My post is not to knock anyone or there dyno's but unless you can replicate and or simulate proper air flow your numbers are skewed.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Not take anything away from APR as I have dealt with them for over 10 years and they make a great product.

But why would you trust any dyno number without proper airflow in a proper test cell, the numbers are not consistent and the "claimed" speculation of more performance on the street is just that.

My post is not to knock anyone or there dyno's but unless you can replicate and or simulate proper air flow your numbers are skewed.
Knowing that, what kind of power increase over stock are you seeing from your exhaust / tune package?

And I am assuming you do have proper airflow in a proper test cell? Please share any info you can. Thank you.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Knowing that, what kind of power increase over stock are you seeing from your exhaust / tune package?

And I am assuming you do have proper airflow in a proper test cell? Please share any info you can. Thank you.

In terms of the dyno and test cell we have invested heavily into our test cell to ensure that we have the proper airflow.

Information on our test cell can be found on our website along with pictures of the unit

http://www.gmgracing.com/dyno.shtml

In terms of the performance our dyno figures are on our website.

http://www.gmgracing.com/audi_exhaust_gmg_wcr8v10.shtml

All the performance data was collected on a completely stock car on 91 octane fuel.

As some of you may or may not know we are located directly across from Porsche Motorsport NA, in addition to a very close working relationship with them on our World Challenge and ALMS programs our AWD dyno is calibrated to there engine dyno in order to get "real" performance data. Not glorified numbers to just sell product.

I am not saying all companies fluff there numbers but we all know very well that its the majority and not the minority that do.

Its important to point out that having a calibration to a manufactures engine dyno certainly allows us to record proper performance data that is realistic.

If you were in the neighborhood and would like to stop by and check out the facility along with the dyno test or would like to schedule a test please feel free to email me or call the shop.

Again my post is not discredit APR or anyones products by any means but wanted to point out that often time dyno numbers recorded on dynos with small fans in front of a vehicle are inconsistent with the actual gains or losses the vehicle may have.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-30-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
I dont see any numbers from a tune/exhaust on your site. Just an exhaust.

Have you done any exahust / tuning, and if so, what were the numbers over stock?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 AM
morpheus is infamous around these parts
To answer the original question, I had the GMG exhaust put on a couple of months ago. Great sound, I absolutely love it. It makes the R8V10 sound like it looks. Last week I got the Stage 1 flash at APR. I didn't do a Dyno test before or after. however, what I can say is that I can now break the wheels loose in 1st and 2nd gear. Could never do this before. Regardless of what number games anyone wants to play, this is a real world performance gain. I am completely happy the combination of the two. Now I need fatter tires

Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
What is the cost of Giac R8 v10 ecu ?

Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCvet00
I know APR is pretty known for their ECU upgrade, but what about an ECU / exhaust package? Sure one can get the APR ECU upgrade and then throw on an exhaust later or whenever, but then who knows if the car will be running too lean, too rich, etc with the additional exhaust and no tuning for it.

Anyone?

Thanks.

We have had pretty good success running APR Stage 2 Software with Tubi or Milltek exhausts. Where are you located?