Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Audi RS5 Debut in Detroit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
2013 Audi RS5 Debut in Detroit

I can't believe not much attention to this car. Yes, I'm dissappointed thus didn't take too many photos. I was hoping for a turbocharged engine with more hp with flat torque throughout the rev range.

450 horsepower and a seven-speed S tronic transmission only. No manual.

Attached Images      
Old 01-14-2012, 06:27 PM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Nice, but rather see an RS4.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
Sadly I think the new RS4 will suffer the same fate ie. no turbo just the same naturally aspirated engine with a small bump in horse power. Granted the FSI RS4 engine is a work of art but still...

Old 01-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
They had a test car out here in Seattle a few weeks back. I thought it was just an s5 at first, then I saw the different grill and when he passed me, I spotted the rs5 badge on the back.

Its a cool car, but there are a couple things wrong with it. For one I wanted to see a different motor in it, the 4.2FSI is old news to me (I do love that motor tho), preferably a hopped up version of the 3.0l supercharged motor, or that new 4.0TT v8 stuffed in there. Im super bummed Audi didn't choose that for the rs5 and the new rs4 they just leaked info on. The second thing I think they need to improve on is the rs aesthetics. The old rs cars had vents in the bumper they were wider, had fender flares, over all more aggressive looking. I like the front and rear bumper, but I would love to see the a5/s5 platform have that wide RS look to it like they did on the b5 and b7 rs4s.

Just my 2cents.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
A little too tamed for being an RS, plus that V8 engine is really not that impressive in the modern day HP war

Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
I was considering if they were using a twin turbo v8 with wide fenders. I am actually quite dissappointed that not much has changed from the current old RS5 in Europe.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I am actually glad the car is coming to the states.

Audi's have newer been about overstatement.

I think the car will be a great all around car to be used everyday..

I guess that's why I am on the list to get one

Cant wait till the car arrives stateside in the summer.

We will be working on a full GMG World Challenge performance package to improve the car- suspension- exhaust- software.

Not looking to turn it into some unreliable heap just further refine what Audi has already created...........

Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
nice

really wish they would step up their game a bit when it comes to performance though

i like the fact audis arent totaly in your face and are quite subtle but think they could have gone a little more aggressive

Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buzzm
nice

really wish they would step up their game a bit when it comes to performance though
+997

Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM
funky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to behold
as already mentioned, i would love to see the 4.0 in this one. Also i'm still getting used to those headlights, I prefer the previous look myself. They should have brought out a black RS5 with a titanium package not this red/chrome combo; still a very handsome car.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
tphillips is infamous around these parts
Well, from a 25 year Audi owner and one who is a big fan of the current "5" series, I am not too thrilled with this one. The lines look a bit ... uh, Lexus ... and more generic than what they have in the past. JMHO.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
The RS5 has been pretty well slammed in the European press as not living up to the RS badge. It desperately needed the TTV8 instead of the naturally aspirated V8, and the suspension calibration is mentioned many tiimes as being suspect. I love the looks and thought about trading my S4 for one, but honestly, I think the S4 is the better car; (at least it suits my needs better).
Bish

Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM
gtr
If my TTRS was not available in the US I would probably sport one of these over the S4. I would prefer the RS4 but for the price of this car with for it's performance it is not that great.

I'm also surprised they did not offer this in a manual. The lack of turbos were probably the largest dissappointment. I am surprised this car did not recieve much media. If I didn't take any pics no one would notice it's finally arrived

Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM
skiS4fun is infamous around these parts
Looks like the one I saw in Europe last year. Anyone know what Audi will be asking $ for it?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Hybridc24k is infamous around these parts
Looks great.. I wonder why no manual transmission.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi RS5 Debut in Detroit