Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

313HP Biturbo Diesel engine announced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
313HP Biturbo Diesel engine announced

Displacing 3.0-liters, the engine produces 313 hp and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque.
It is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission and a quattro all-wheel drive system
which enables the A6 sedan to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds (5.3 seconds for the A6 Avant / A7)
and hit a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

Despite being powerful, the engine is relatively efficient thanks to a start/stop system
and an "innovative thermal management system that quickly brings the coolant and oil up to their operating temperatures."
Thanks to these measures, the engine averages 44.1 mpg UK (36.7 mpg US / 6.4 L/100km) with CO2 emissions of 169 g/km.

Models equipped with the engine also have a sound actuator which "transforms the typical TDI exhaust note into a more
sonorous roar that is closer to the output of a high-performance petrol engine."

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 01-31-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Will probably not make it to America.
I'm surprised they didn't find more uses for the Twin-Turbo V10 Diesel that was in the Gen 1 Touareg.
That engine was a monster.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Heist
Will probably not make it to America.
I'm surprised they didn't find more uses for the Twin-Turbo V10 Diesel that was in the Gen 1 Touareg.
That engine was a monster.
yeah, i think the problem was that the 5.0 L V10 TDI wasn`t a common rail engine and probably a bit too heavy and thirsty too. i mean this engine produces the same power as the V10 while being much lighter. i think the Q7 and upcoming Q5RS will recieve this engine, i guess those cars will find their way to the U.S. TDIs are getting more and more popular in the U.S. too.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
yeah, i think the problem was that the 5.0 L V10 TDI wasn`t a common rail engine and probably a bit too heavy and thirsty too. i mean this engine produces the same power as the V10 while being much lighter. i think the Q7 and upcoming Q5RS will recieve this engine, i guess those cars will find their way to the U.S. TDIs are getting more and more popular in the U.S. too.
There's still so many though over seas, whereas us in the states get like 1 version per make lol. I can't even believe Land Rover hasn't even brought their nice diesels over, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

This sounds like a sweet engine, hopefully the U.S. get's it to replace the current one here.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Would be the perfect engine in the A6 Allroad if they were to sell it in the USA. I would buy one immediately if it became available.
Bish

Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 AM
here is a sound file, for those interested.
and damn it doesn`t sound like a diesel at all, it sounds really good!

http://soundcloud.com/audi-uk/the-new-3-0-bitdi-engine