Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 Facelift Interior spied

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
R8 Facelift Interior spied

The updated R8 is just around the corner. It will feature a new and faster tranny and more powerful versions of its V8 and V10 engines along with an updated interior and exterior.
no official announcements on when and where the facelift will be revealed.
however, someone took this interior pic. no additional information if it´s the final production version, but as you can see it`s got a new gear lever, center console and (like the 991) no handbrake anymore.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
seat looks good. that center console definitely needs some work. looks like it came out of a $15k car.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Looks kinda cheap for a R8. No handbrake no purchase for me.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
what's going on with that blurry part of the picture? looks almost as if there's a handbrake.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
hand brakes are going to be a thing of the past. push button is the norm now.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 AM
rozer2012 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the pics and details of Audi car.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Nice seats - they look like the GT2 seats in my Cayman R. Wonder if they will make it to the US or if they will be Euro only like the TT-RS seats?

Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Psalm40 is infamous around these partsPsalm40 is infamous around these parts
Those look to be the current, Euro-only, RS6/R8GT sport seats. Audi has not brought those to the states due to DOT "regulations". The shifter looks huge and the console looks really dull....hmmmm...I keep waiting for my reasonably priced, used, V10.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Troymx576 is infamous around these parts
Those look to be the current, Euro-only, RS6/R8GT sport seats. Audi has not brought those to the states due to DOT "regulations". The shifter looks huge and the console looks really dull....hmmmm...I keep waiting for my reasonably priced, used, V10.
I agree with you on the prices. This is a 5 year old car now. I called a few dealers and was going to oder a 2012 V8 MT and could have gotten it for 112-116K depending on dealer for it and that is bran new. If something thinks the price of a used 08 R8 V8 will stay in the 90's as it is now they will be mistaken. The R8 is one of the only cars that has held is value this much and I see it crashing down here very soon. Once the new updates are announed I would expect the standard 40-50% off msrp for a 5 year old car. So R8 V8 MT should be in the 60-75 range here very shortly. Just my 2cents.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by djantlive
hand brakes are going to be a thing of the past. push button is the norm now.
Yeah, if every manufacture decided to cut cost. When there is a lost of power how are you going to stop since the brakes are powered? I want a Emergency Brake not a parking on a hill button.

Also my 2013 GTR, 2012 TTRS, and 2011 Boxster spyder all has hand brakes.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
exterior spy pics!
new LED headlights and taillights and big R8-GT-like exhaust pipes:

Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 PM
gtr
I don't like the 4th brake light or something on the diffuser. Everything else look almost the same. Hope there is a good power increase.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
I like it, especially the straight LED's on the headlights.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
it looks very similar to the current version.....

Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Finally, the Euro seats come to the US! I do believe that will be an option, however, and not standard equipment.

As far as the center consol and gear selector goes....well, let's just hope that's a prototype

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 Facelift Interior spied