Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

**TT-RS**Project 750hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
WolfeS2K is infamous around these parts
Hello,
I have two questions for you and I hope that you can help me make a decision. I'm going to order a 2013 TT RS next week. I need to know if the sport exhaust is worth getting? I'm already planning on getting the Forge intercooler and a tune.

I just want to know if I should get the sport exhaust and put on the Milltek secondary cat delete
or
Just get the Full Milltek turbo back exhaust?

Did the Milltek catless downpipe pick up that much more power over the stock exhaust with secondary cat delete?

The car is going to be driven mostly on the street and I don't have to worry about emissions where i live.

Second question....What did you think about the ITG Intake?
Did you pick up any power over that vs the stock intake with a different filter?

Thanks for your help!
-Matt

Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 AM
pill pusher is infamous around these parts
Awesome builds!! Look forward to seeing the progress....

Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Pov TTRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WolfeS2K
Hello,
I have two questions for you and I hope that you can help me make a decision. I'm going to order a 2013 TT RS next week. I need to know if the sport exhaust is worth getting? I'm already planning on getting the Forge intercooler and a tune.

I just want to know if I should get the sport exhaust and put on the Milltek secondary cat delete
or
Just get the Full Milltek turbo back exhaust?

Did the Milltek catless downpipe pick up that much more power over the stock exhaust with secondary cat delete?

The car is going to be driven mostly on the street and I don't have to worry about emissions where i live.

Second question....What did you think about the ITG Intake?
Did you pick up any power over that vs the stock intake with a different filter?

Thanks for your help!
-Matt

I think the best way to answer that question, is to ask yourself how far you want to take the car tuning wise!

If you are set on changing the exhaust then I wouldnt bother with the audi sports exhaust, which does incidentally sound very nice. This wasnt an option I specced as I knew I would be changing exhaust system anyway.

Some will argue the benefit of a full exhaust system over OEM, which is rather well designed. Typically what I have found with my decat system is that the turbo spools quicker, its got a edge over oem across the entire rev range, and exhaust gas temperatures drop by bet 50-75 degrees.

What I found with a full decat exhaust system car vs a stage 1 car with the cat bypass pipes is that during a side by side duel, the full exhaust system car is quicker.

If emissions arent an issue, If I was you I would get the scorpion full exhaust system, in either stainless steel, or titanium over the milltek. The Ti scorpion system is cheaper than the audi optional sports exhaust in the UK iirc.

Now I say scorpion because stainless vs stainless the scorpion is cheaper, doesnt sound like a diesel/truck on idle, and the downpipe design is much better and free flowing.

As for the ITG intake, its great and I love it. Deffo made nice gains especially high rpm over the standard airbox with panel filter. Also if my memory serves me right, ITG say their intake is good for 700-750hp! Bit expensive, but modding a Audi RS car always is.

There are no additional induction noises inside the cabin from the ITG with the stock turbo.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
WolfeS2K is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pov TTRS
I think the best way to answer that question, is to ask yourself how far you want to take the car tuning wise!

If you are set on changing the exhaust then I wouldnt bother with the audi sports exhaust, which does incidentally sound very nice. This wasnt an option I specced as I knew I would be changing exhaust system anyway.

Some will argue the benefit of a full exhaust system over OEM, which is rather well designed. Typically what I have found with my decat system is that the turbo spools quicker, its got a edge over oem across the entire rev range, and exhaust gas temperatures drop by bet 50-75 degrees.

What I found with a full decat exhaust system car vs a stage 1 car with the cat bypass pipes is that during a side by side duel, the full exhaust system car is quicker.

If emissions arent an issue, If I was you I would get the scorpion full exhaust system, in either stainless steel, or titanium over the milltek. The Ti scorpion system is cheaper than the audi optional sports exhaust in the UK iirc.

Now I say scorpion because stainless vs stainless the scorpion is cheaper, doesnt sound like a diesel/truck on idle, and the downpipe design is much better and free flowing.

As for the ITG intake, its great and I love it. Deffo made nice gains especially high rpm over the standard airbox with panel filter. Also if my memory serves me right, ITG say their intake is good for 700-750hp! Bit expensive, but modding a Audi RS car always is.

There are no additional induction noises inside the cabin from the ITG with the stock turbo.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely look into the Scorpion exhaust

Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
No problem glad to help. A geeky little fact here, but the ITG intake was indevelopment for over a year!!!

Engines out!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Sly Tuna is infamous around these parts
This is awesome! Love the craftsmanship of that exhaust.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks, currently still waiting on parts. Boring!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
looks like a lot of fun

Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
it hopefully will be when all finished. Be interesting to see how it runs against my friends hybrid 996 turbo and stage 2 997 turbo.

Some vbox gps data from stage 2.

0-60mph in 3.4 secs. 30-60mph in 1.9 secs. 0-100mph in 8.4 secs.

30-130 time is 12.x something seconds irrc.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
cool project, what are you trying to get your race weight down to?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 AM
hpsyork996 is infamous around these parts
ttrs750

this is so sick

Old 05-10-2012, 11:20 AM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
incredible car, very impressive little thing for sure

Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
cool project, what are you trying to get your race weight down to?
Thanks for your kind words guys!

Im aiming for 1350kg with a quarter tank of fuel and no driver. This is without having to strip the interior out.

Engine builder is back from holiday tomorrow. Hes a pretty special engine builder, and will be doing some special stuff for mine! Hopefully a update tomorrow.

Some more exhaust **** whilst I wait on parts still. Gotta give massive props to Forge Motorsport/scorpion exhaust for making a Ti exhaust for the TTRS! Aero Space Grade 1 Titanium with 1mm thickness!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
God I love the TT especially the interior, such a good feeling interior and what a build. Good luck and keep posting. Those 5 cyl engines sound like V10s sometimes

Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Looks like the build is coming together. The Audi 5 cyl turbo is a very impressive motor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: **TT-RS**Project 750hp