Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

**TT-RS**Project 750hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
How many miles on the engine when you started?
Looks like a lot of carbon crap in the before photos.

The after photos are awesome!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Pov TTRS is infamous around these parts
about 18000 miles!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Pistons etc

Tell us more about the pistons etc. they look different than the OEM.

Actually anything that is different than OEM.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by black penguin
Tell us more about the pistons etc. they look different than the OEM.

Actually anything that is different than OEM.

Basically as I understand it, the UK TTRS pistons are different to that of the US market for emissions purposes. These new pistons have gone for a new crown design theres a reason for it but cant remember what exactly. Its more in line with the rest of the world TTRS piston design now!

Compression ratio is pretty much the same as stock also.

Getting there with the cylinder head

Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Update:

UK APR development car pulled a 0-60mph in 2.8 secs on road tyres, on a unprepared surface!

And Drive/Tuned did a review of the APR US development car in the States.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is infamous around these parts
i wanna know about the oem. can you please tell in details?

Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Right, engines done this week, then moving onto the next stage of refitting it back inside the car and running it in.

Ive also made some extra progress on the weight saving. These recaros are 13kg with sidemounts and runners. The OEM seats are about 34kg, so a saving of 21kg per seat.

The titanium exhaust saves 26kg over OEM.

So thats a 68kg saving so far. I have a few more weight saving ideas in my head, so should be able to reduce the weight by about 100kg over stock. Will make the car weigh roughly 1360kg with a quarter tank.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Optimus is infamous around these parts
I also can't wait to see how your TTRS runs when the project is done. Beautiful car and I love the color!

The 8 pot RS4 calipers you went with, is the custom Revo backing plate necessary for these to fit the stock 19" wheels correctly?

Dave

Last edited by Optimus; 08-26-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by Optimus
I also can't wait to see how your TTRS runs when the project is done. Beautiful car and I love the color!

The 8 pot RS4 calipers you went with, is the custom Revo backing plate necessary for these to fit the stock 19" wheels correctly?

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Im not sure on that question, i think its there to make sure the pads sit correctly on the stock rotors.

This helps to explain about all the different solutions out there ATM

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11676

Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 AM
UPDATE!

Engines all done and finished. Also had some parts superfinished, never got any pics of it, so I'll borrow this pic of my friend jonny so people can see what it looks like. Nice and shiny!

Now the next step, fitting the turbo kit. Not long now till first fire up!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Engine Spec:-

Full race engine build
Balanced and blueprinted
Superfinished crankshaft
Gasflowed race spec cylinder head with valve seat modifications
Bore block
I-beam Rods
Custom oversized pistons, high temp low friction coating
Full Ferrea valvetrain
ARP bolts

Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Optimus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pov TTRS
Thanks Dave!

Im not sure on that question, i think its there to make sure the pads sit correctly on the stock rotors.

This helps to explain about all the different solutions out there ATM

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11676
That's some great info, thanks again!!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Harrison Ruffin is infamous around these parts
TT RS Brakes Overheating

My valve caps melted my weights fell of and my rotors are gone, just two track days at High Plains Raceway, the rotors were vibrating from just hard street use. I have seen some new rotors from RB, does any one know if they are better than stock. I have herd the LOBA or Geax both make a good product but hard to get. I need to fix this now. After going of the fast end of the back staight at HPR into the weeds at MPH130, I have no faith that this car will stop when asked to. I'm afraid to drive it on the street, the brakes are that BAD! Already came with the cooling blade, does little or nothing. Are there better ducts made than the OEM units. Will changing the rotor make them run cooler? Do they need more air going through them? I have just done an APR remap on the ECU, now she piles the speed on even faster but if the binders couldn't cope before how in the world are they going to deal with more TQ and HPS. The APR remap doesn't live up to the promises made. In Denver I was only able to Dyno at 325HPS and 380TQ. I should have put the car on the dyno in stock for for a better comp. Love the car. Drives better with a degree of negative camber up front, now it doesn't understeer so bad. The brakes are the big issue. I would be greatful for any info or advice.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
loba

I went with the Loba kit and it has worked out fine. I went through two sets of stock rotors before the change.

I had exact the same experience.

The LOBA kit is very good. The shipped it immediately and I received it a few weeks later.

They use AP discs.

You can also upgrade the calipers at a later date to use the six pot Gallardo units.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:50 PM
here is a link to the thread I went started regarding my rotor issues:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-solution.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: **TT-RS**Project 750hp