Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Considering an R8 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
congrats on an awesome car! I typically do not like matte blk cars but this wrap looks good since you have the titanium package.

Nice to know it's Ibis White underneath! All around awesome car. Enjoy in good health

John

Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
Guess I should get behind the wheel of an R8 ....
Pauli..that is a beautiful ride...congrats

Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thanks guys for the kind words.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 AM
ryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really nice
You in La or Tx Paulie??

Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
I noticed you live in Toledo. Thomas Classics near Portage Lakes, Ohio has an R8 spyder and it was incredible to see. They just hosted my car event and displayed the R8. Those cars sure do sound amazing. Even next to a gallardo I think the R8 looked amazing. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryan_qttro
You in La or Tx Paulie??

Tx.....

Old 06-11-2012, 07:46 PM
ryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really nice
<<<<Audi Tech in Baton Rouge, was gonna invite ya on some drives if you were in area, but you are in Tx

Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
I traded my highly modified 996tt in on a '11 white R8 Spyder V10 this weekend. All I can say is "awesome". I drove it back from DFW to Lubbock yesterday. My 996 was very well sorted but I just wanted something new. The R8 is the best car I've ever driven... BTW, 6'4" and 220lb but I still fit

Old 06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
When I met the owner of DuPont Registry, he was DD'ing a V10 Spyder. What's great about the car is not only does it have the Quattro system in place, but the longer wheel base makes for a nicer feel vs let's say a Gallardo.

Not to mention it has the smoothest clutch and gearbox I think I have ever felt to this day.

Additionally, Audi still sells the $800 "Audi Care Plus" maintenance program which for a car like that is DIRT cheap. If I had the coin, I would get one in a flash. I am not a fan of the seemingly outdated R-Tronic, so the 6MT would be the way to go.

John

Old 06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
Here's some pics of my car... The best car I've ever owned!!!

Attached Images    
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool

These are really great remarks on the R8. I have been tossing around a C2s Cab, and then I started thinking about the M6 Cab, and I just saw a black R8 in San Francisco yesterday.

I liked the M6 due to the Ski Pass Thru, so my wife and I can put our fishing poles...lol The other thing I liked about it is that there are back seats, which doesn't give me that claustrophobic feeling, unlike the Boxster for example.

I really like the looks of the R8. It is sleek and far and in between. I was wondering about the R-Tronic trasnsmission. One of the reviewers said that it was one of the R-8's few downfalls. He went on to say that the S- tronic Dual Clutch will be out in 2013-14 and would be worth the wait. Can anyone elaborate on that?

I was also impressed that the R-8 has the Magnetic Ride which sounds like it would be a great touring car.

The only downfall for me would be the lack of storage room for traveling up to 2 weeks however, I would like to hear if anyone has a trick used it for that purpose...

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I still love mine. Very little storage space though. R-tronic is acceptable. S-tronic is probably a lot better based on my previously owning an M6 with SMG and then driving a DCT M3. Porsche is same way with Tip vs PDK. Night and day difference. R8's can be found deeply discounted right now getting ready for the LCI and there won't be a 2013 version, just a 2014 to be released late spring. Power and handling is phenomenal and super car level. Always a head turner that you need to fet used to. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Patrnflyr; 01-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Just celebrated my first year of R8 ownership - 8K miles on the car. I'm one of those guys that gets bored quickly by cars and after one year, I'm typically searching for my next "hit". Not this time - my R8 v10 spyder with MT has been such a compelling package that if I make a change it'll be to the 2014 version. The 991 Porsche is a great car but to me it feels like a sedan wrapped in a 911 body. It just doesn't feel like a 911 - maybe this is fine for someone who hasn't owned many Porsches like I have, but to me there's no comparison with the visceral feel I get from the R8.

You may be interested in this thread - many of the R-tronic owners really like their single clutch R-tronics and feel that reviewers don't have enough seat time to realize how use it properly. Bottom line is that if you intend to drive the car as an automatic, the S-tronic is a better choice:

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/5-gener...ly-manual.html

If you haven't seen or read the recent Johnny Lieberman (Motor trend) review of the 2014, it's kind of fun. The guy positively gushes over the v10 spyder with S-tronic. If you buy a new 2012 spyder with R-tronic, expect to get a huge discount - 2014 S-tronic will probably not be discounted very much at all.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
These guys may be able to help you with the space limitation issue:

http://www.bespokeluggage.com/audi-r8/