Sponsored By:

Opinions - R8, TT-RS, or RS5??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 AM
S4weezy is infamous around these parts

Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
With that extra 20k you could buy two more chromed out hyabusas!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
I can appreciate your opinions, S4weezy. And I agree, the TTRS is a fine car. The great thing about everyone not liking the same car over this feature or that is that not everyone will drive the same car.

Wouldn't it be a terrible life if there were no choices and we all drove the same car?!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by S4weezy
With that extra 20k you could buy two more chromed out hyabusas!
That's a funny statement since I have countless hours of my own hard earned sweat polishing my bits,, not cheap`d out chrome.
And it is H A Y A B U S A !

And regarding your comment on manual vs. automatic. Try holding that same argument with a 458 Italia owner. The new generations of transmissions are way out of the league of your Grandfathers transmissions. There is no way to compare side by side. Hey, and I am a 'died in the wool' manual gearbox guy, but drive a 458 Italia and then come back and say that.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Care to share your option list?
What's on order (still considering the ceramic brakes, but for $6k??):

- Daytona Gray
- MMI Navigation Plus package
- Leather/alcantara sport seats
- Matte Alu-Optic package
- Sports exhaust

Not many options as so much is standard.

I am still thinking about an R8, just not sure I want one out of warranty. I'm also on a list for the new dual-clutch R8, but that will be a lot more $$$.

I have owned a TT-RS and it was a great little car. Although I like my Cayman R better.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Man i'm just joking, coming from a stuck up snob who likes to ride pass busas on a RSV4R and wave. I saw so many busas coming back from bike week last week I thought I was in buss heaven. Talk about a dime a dozen!

458 Italia owners are 80% rich non driving garage queen cars. People who enjoy real driving prefer a 3rd pedal.

I've seen probably 10 R8s this week and 1 TTRS, in my mind thats pretty exclusive not to mention a 5 cylinder turbo over a beefed up V8. I wish I could have both but give me the TTRS and 20k to buy the new 1199 Duc!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
What's on order (still considering the ceramic brakes, but for $6k??):

- Daytona Gray
- MMI Navigation Plus package
- Leather/alcantara sport seats
- Matte Alu-Optic package
- Sports exhaust

Not many options as so much is standard.

I am still thinking about an R8, just not sure I want one out of warranty. I'm also on a list for the new dual-clutch R8, but that will be a lot more $$$.

I have owned a TT-RS and it was a great little car. Although I like my Cayman R better.
I was looking to order one with these seats,,,

Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
I was looking to order one with these seats,,,
Unfortunately, those seats are not available in the US. No airbags.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by S4weezy
Man i'm just joking, coming from a stuck up snob who likes to ride pass busas on a RSV4R and wave. I saw so many busas coming back from bike week last week I thought I was in buss heaven. Talk about a dime a dozen!

458 Italia owners are 80% rich non driving garage queen cars. People who enjoy real driving prefer a 3rd pedal.

I've seen probably 10 R8s this week and 1 TTRS, in my mind thats pretty exclusive not to mention a 5 cylinder turbo over a beefed up V8. I wish I could have both but give me the TTRS and 20k to buy the new 1199 Duc!
Yeah, there is a new bred of people that just buy to have. I will never be one of those. I couldn't give a rip what anyone else has. I have always bought this side of exclusive,, but only for myself. I just like the rareR steak on the plate if you get my drift.

Btw, I am on the West coast. I set my bike up for the twisties, not like all those typical to bike week or wherever that set up with long arms and are basically straight-line posers with chicken strips. not talking poultry. lol You know what I mean.

RSV4R. Nice bike. I also have also been looking at a Panigale S,, but a buddy of mine says that they are going to be releasing the R soon, so,, I'm not in a hurry. He just bought a Aprilia Tuono V4R,, and I cannot for the life of me get him to stop yappiing about how great it is.

-sorry about the hijack, bill

Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately, those seats are not available in the US. No airbags.
That's like the carbon seats to the GT2RS. They are basically GT3RS or CGT seats. They are available through the parts bin, so you can order them and have them installed at the dealer. They know the code. You know the risk.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
That's like the carbon seats to the GT2RS. They are basically GT3RS or CGT seats. They are available through the parts bin, so you can order them and have them installed at the dealer. They know the code. You know the risk.
I also know the price!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Well, the TT-RS with options is about $67k. The US base price on an RS5 is $72k, probably closer to $80k with options. An '08 R8 can be had in the mid 80's.

So, the prices are similar enough to consider the three together.
Where are you seeing R8 prices in the mid $80k's? Lowest I've seen is mid $90k's and those are cars with high miles.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
I think the new facelift on the A/S5 and A/S4 is a little flat and "pug-faced" So that rules the RS5 out for me. I'm about 6 foot 3 so I don't think I could fit comfortably in a TT-RS. I was actually looking into an R8 but I decided to get a GT-R and replace my B8 S4 with an M3. I really miss the AWD but the M3 sounds too good to resist!

Old 06-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by bmwtek
I think the new facelift on the A/S5 and A/S4 is a little flat and "pug-faced" So that rules the RS5 out for me. I'm about 6 foot 3 so I don't think I could fit comfortably in a TT-RS. I was actually looking into an R8 but I decided to get a GT-R and replace my B8 S4 with an M3. I really miss the AWD but the M3 sounds too good to resist!
Yea 6'3 is a bit tall for a little coupe. Was your B8 S4 modded? That car is really an all around great daily driver thats very underrated. With a simple tune it turns into a real car. I just have the itch for a fun coupe with the S4 feel/look.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I also know the price!
God, yes! If it wasn't clicked off at the time the car was ordered they stab you in the eye double when you order across the parts bin like a penalty.

Stealership Parts Guy - "Well, hey,, it's not my fault you didn't order the car from us brand new!" "Penalty to you!"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions - R8, TT-RS, or RS5??