Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi TT Rs with Stasis tune, any news??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
The gains appear to be exactly the same as the REVO tune, but I can't get a dyno chart or nothing on it.

I have asked my tuner who is very reputable, and I have emailed Stasis directly. At the moment that is what is holding me back. It's impossible to believe they don't have it, so it must be they aren't releasing it.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
Makes sense. The STaSIS flash is typically less aggressive than APR or GIAC.

What do you mean by aggressive? Do mean less power?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Pov TTRS is infamous around these parts
I had the revo tune on my car. Stage 2 made 400hp 380lbft.

Flashed APR Beta stage 2, and on the same independent dyno made 430hp 450lbft

Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pov TTRS
I had the revo tune on my car. Stage 2 made 400hp 380lbft.

Flashed APR Beta stage 2, and on the same independent dyno made 430hp 450lbft
That is impressive. Again too bad Stasis didn't join with APR instead of Revo. Not just for more power but you can guarantee APR will be around for generations to come and they have the hardware to back up their software. No other tuner in the vag market can say. Maybe neuspeed on a much smaller level.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 PM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by black penguin
T
I have asked my tuner who is very reputable, and I have emailed Stasis directly. At the moment that is what is holding me back. It's impossible to believe they don't have it, so it must be they aren't releasing it.
What more do you want to hear, honestly?
Dealerships back APR with the factory warranty.
Revo cars have more issues across specific platforms, as backed by independent shops.
APR has the best customer service and the best reputation in the U.S
APR make as much reliable power as possible, and it seems like in this case more.
APR is racing more Audi's on tracks in the U.S than any other tuner

I am unbiased, I have a diesel Audi actually so if anything I am going Revo with software.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I'd like to see a Dyno plot.
I'd love to know how much boost they are running.

I have not heard of ANY shop that is backing APR with a warranty, not in writing anyway.

I don't keep my cars very long so I cannot get a TD1 designation as I would legally have to disclose that. At least with Stasis, I have a transferable and written warranty once the car has been TD1'd.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by onurleft
What more do you want to hear, honestly?
Dealerships back APR with the factory warranty.
Revo cars have more issues across specific platforms, as backed by independent shops.
APR has the best customer service and the best reputation in the U.S
APR make as much reliable power as possible, and it seems like in this case more.
APR is racing more Audi's on tracks in the U.S than any other tuner

I am unbiased, I have a diesel Audi actually so if anything I am going Revo with software.

Didn't get the memo? APR has diesel software now for all 2.0TDI's

Hooray Diesel Software!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by black penguin
I'd like to see a Dyno plot.
I'd love to know how much boost they are running.

I have not heard of ANY shop that is backing APR with a warranty, not in writing anyway.

I don't keep my cars very long so I cannot get a TD1 designation as I would legally have to disclose that. At least with Stasis, I have a transferable and written warranty once the car has been TD1'd.

APR software is completely undetectable by any VW/Audi dealership diagnostic tool. The only way they can find out is if they are an APR dealer themselves and have APR flashing tools.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
APR software is completely undetectable by any VW/Audi dealership diagnostic tool. The only way they can find out is if they are an APR dealer themselves and have APR flashing tools.
This is false, any dealer could find out that your have been "over boosting" the car. Will the flash be "hidden" when dealing with warranty work, leaking headlight washer....yes...Blown turbo or engine problems, they may look deeper. It's a risk that you have to take. I have had multiple modified audis, current one is boost 21lbs. I have no regrets

Old 08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Didn't get the memo? APR has diesel software now for all 2.0TDI's

Hooray Diesel Software!

Great thanks. I had been checking their website for it but saw nothing recently. I was waiting for them

Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by AMG101
This is false, any dealer could find out that your have been "over boosting" the car. Will the flash be "hidden" when dealing with warranty work, leaking headlight washer....yes...Blown turbo or engine problems, they may look deeper. It's a risk that you have to take. I have had multiple modified audis, current one is boost 21lbs. I have no regrets

They can only see if its been overboosting if the car is driveable and not in stock mode. The TT doesnt hold driving history in its memory other than fault codes

Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by AMG101

1. any car can be flashed back to completely stock and the previous boost recordings can be completely wiped.
2. overboosting is when a car produces boost beyond the requested amount of boost and would create an over boost fault. This is not the case with ECU upgrades. The requested boost is increased hence no fault codes.
3. We are talking about a 1 in a million chance of happening. I have never seen a street driven car or track driven car with street tires have a turbo or engine fail while the car was still under its original warranty and we probably flash about 10 cars a week on avg and I have been here @ GMP for 6 years.
4. For what its worth I personally know people who have put 100k+ miles on their stage 3 turbo upgraded vehicles. I can't speak for Revo or anyone else but I think APR knows what their doing and knows that reliability is number one in their customers minds.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by onurleft
Great thanks. I had been checking their website for it but saw nothing recently. I was waiting for them

Come on up

Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Forget stasis, they seem to be embroiled in lawsuits and fraud investigations going by this link.

http://balancedtruth.com/2012/08/06/...s-engineering/

TD1 codes dont apply to the TTRS as such anyway, its a older type ecu that isnt that clever. TD1 flagging is more of a B8 audi S4/s5 problem.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
LS417 is infamous around these partsLS417 is infamous around these parts
So much misinformation in this thread it's actually painful to read. Anyone telling you that DEALERSHIPS are backing up APR cars with factory warranty is LYING to your face (via the internet).

Virtually all tunes are now detectable. There are a few guesses regarding the methods Audi uses to detect these tunes whether via some sort of hash function or actual logging of information, no one outside of Audi knows for sure. If you think you do, let's see some proof..

There have been plenty of cases with 2.0T's that have had issues with blown turbos.. mine included..my B7 A4 back in the day had to have the turbo replaced out of warranty, whether or not it was directly caused by APR's software is anyone's guess.

Bottom line anyone looking to tune their car should not think that there are no risks involved. There certainly are.

If you are looking for the safest bet, albeit lowest power output, Stasis is your best choice due to their warranty coverage. The balanced truth story although paints an ugly picture, is pretty irrelevant to the average software consumer. Think about all the companies Apple or Microsoft had to step on /decieve/destroy to get to where they are today...

If you want more power and are okay with the phrase "pay to play"..then its hard not to recommend APR. With their reputation in the industry, they should be at the top of any list as long as warranty coverage is of no concern. Yes, you'll likely be okay, but don't be surprised if something unfortunate did end up happening.

After APR I'd say GIAC is the next best choice followed by REVO in last place. REVO is last simply because most logs I've seen of Revo tuned cars had suspicious ignition timing readings, which was not the case with their counterpart Stasis tune.

Just my $.02 worth..

Last edited by LS417; 08-06-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi TT Rs with Stasis tune, any news??