Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi TT Rs with Stasis tune, any news??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Audi TT Rs with Stasis tune, any news??

Stasis have launched the new TT RS Ecu tune, but there is nothing posted anywher (including their site???). I'm guessing it's a repackage of the Revo tune, but there is no information available.

Has anyone heard any news?

I'd love to know how their warranty is dealing with thew new TD1 policy at Audi?

Any news out there?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
My family friend for 10+ years owns an Audi shop specializing in Porsche and Audi tuning. He's also one of the few APR, Stasis and Revo dealers in the state and IIRC the only combined APR and Revo dealer.

The only cars with repeat issues are Revo cars and the only cars with worse fuel consumption are Revo cars. The customer support for Revo is also terrible compared to APR. However, Revo offers some cool stuff for diesel cars and cars in the euro market and there are some imported cars in ATL with these tunes that work well.
Also, Nally Audi in Atlanta is "tune friendly" to warranty cars but only with APR cars. There is a reason for this

Go APR or don't bother. My .02

Last edited by onurleft; 07-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I though the UK guys had great luck with Revo??

Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Pov TTRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by black penguin
I though the UK guys had great luck with Revo??

things have been changing recently, like onurleft has said, id agree with his views.

One example that happened recently

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349253

Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 AM
donistook is infamous around these parts
REVO tune

Yes, the Stasis tune is the REVO tune. I race the Audi TT RS in the Pirelli World Challenge GTS class, with REVO software. I can only speak about REVO, and I am using the same tune on my race car that they will install on the street cars, although I have mine set at 98 octane fuel.

Zero issues, no knock issues, no hesitation or mid-range performance lag.

We have had flashed a few customer TT RS cars...zero issues. Tremendous torque gains!

Last edited by donistook; 07-27-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM
TTRS revo

Has anyone listed times with the tune vs stock US cars?

I would love to know the real gains, not just 0-60, but on track etc.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is infamous around these parts
Stasis tune is the REVO tune.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
This is interesting, I wonder why they don't use APR software since they are using APR to flash the 3.0T Supercharged Audi engines.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by black penguin
Has anyone listed times with the tune vs stock US cars?

I would love to know the real gains, not just 0-60, but on track etc.
Stage two software with exhaust - 90bhp - 113ft/lbs. If I stock TTRS can do 12.3 in the 1/4 expect 11 second passes.

Stage 3 Beta testing. APR is saying 0-60 in 2.8 seconds on the factor wheels and tires

Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports is infamous around these parts
We have done about 3 TT-RS's with GIAC's latest file and i haveto tell you it is FAST!

Its about 33HP and 45TQ for Stage 1. If you add the AWE TT-RS Intercooler and SwitchPath Exhaust System, and upgrade to Stage 2 Software - You have a real rocketship on your hands.

Contact us for special 6-Speed Pricing

Old 07-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
This is interesting, I wonder why they don't use APR software since they are using APR to flash the 3.0T Supercharged Audi engines.

Not anymore as revo and stasis merged now.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pov TTRS
Not anymore as revo and stasis merged now.

Oh well that's too bad.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
quisp is infamous around these parts
I have the Stasis tune in my TTRS and had the GIAC tune in it just before that.
I cant commenton the Stasis tune being REVO because my ECU was sent to Stasis so I dont know who developed the software.
The tune itself is great. The throttle is so much smoother in sport mode. Before the tune if the car was in sport the gas pedal was so touchy but now it is like it should have been.
The power is better also. 4th and 5th gear seem to have endless power, hitting 100+ and still feels like plenty more to go, engine not straining. The Stasis power is not as brutal as GIAC. The GIAC came on with a jolt whereas the stasis comes on but not as noticeable. Seems to come on a little higher in the rpm too but I cant confirm that since I dodnt recall the rpm where the GIAC really kicked. Overall power I would say is pretty close. The Stasis is a little more polished feeling when accelerating whiole the GIAC seems a little rough and a bit jerkier, nothing too bad just can feel the little surges as you hit the gas
price was within $300-$400 of each other. The car is more of what i expected it to be with the tune. Before i felt it was missing something but with the tune it is more how it should have been from the factory. WIth a higher stage tune I imagine this car would be a true beast with that much power.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Makes sense. The STaSIS flash is typically less aggressive than APR or GIAC.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by quisp
I have the Stasis tune in my TTRS and had the GIAC tune in it just before that.
I cant commenton the Stasis tune being REVO because my ECU was sent to Stasis so I dont know who developed the software.
The tune itself is great. The throttle is so much smoother in sport mode. Before the tune if the car was in sport the gas pedal was so touchy but now it is like it should have been.
The power is better also. 4th and 5th gear seem to have endless power, hitting 100+ and still feels like plenty more to go, engine not straining. The Stasis power is not as brutal as GIAC. The GIAC came on with a jolt whereas the stasis comes on but not as noticeable. Seems to come on a little higher in the rpm too but I cant confirm that since I dodnt recall the rpm where the GIAC really kicked. Overall power I would say is pretty close. The Stasis is a little more polished feeling when accelerating whiole the GIAC seems a little rough and a bit jerkier, nothing too bad just can feel the little surges as you hit the gas
price was within $300-$400 of each other. The car is more of what i expected it to be with the tune. Before i felt it was missing something but with the tune it is more how it should have been from the factory. WIth a higher stage tune I imagine this car would be a true beast with that much power.

Thats because they have disable the sport throttle response.

Now the throttle behaves like as if you werent in sport mode. Good for driving around town, not so good when wanting to do stuff like rev matching on down shifts, or at track.

Some people like it,some dont, hourses for courses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi TT Rs with Stasis tune, any news??