Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

1st time Audi S4 buyer - questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
1st time Audi S4 buyer - questions...

I am interested in a 2012/2013 S4 automatic - have never had an Audi but about everything else from Fords to Ferraris. I am considering the S4 as a daily driver when not using the Porsche Turbo. Any options or packages that are a MUST? Looking to keep the purchase price as low as possible. Other feedback about the good and bad of an S4, i.e. reliability, etc. would be most appreciated.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM
netwrkr is a jewel in the roughnetwrkr is a jewel in the roughnetwrkr is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tssci
I am interested in a 2012/2013 S4 automatic - have never had an Audi but about everything else from Fords to Ferraris. I am considering the S4 as a daily driver when not using the Porsche Turbo. Any options or packages that are a MUST? Looking to keep the purchase price as low as possible. Other feedback about the good and bad of an S4, i.e. reliability, etc. would be most appreciated.

nice name

The only "must" have, IMO is heated seats. I have a 2012 S4, Manual, Prestige. Great car. Bought last year. No issues. You will love it.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 AM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
i have a 2012 S4 as my daily driver. Just passed 16K miles with zero problems. It is comfortable and fast enough with good gas mileage - 20 mpg average. I have a Premium Plus model with full Nappa leather, Navigation. You'll enjoy driving it everyday.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
One Ping Only is infamous around these parts
I have a 2010 S-Tronic, Premium Plus w/ 23k miles. No issues, but thermostat was replaced under a TSB, that should sorted out in current models. I prefer the leather, and the sport differential is probably a must have.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 AM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
also get it tuned immediately.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Yep .. like Netwrkr, I have a 2012 S4 Prestige 6mt - all options, Revo stage 1, SSK .. zero issues to date

Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Pulled the trigger...

Thank you to everyone who has replied. I did go ahead with the purchase of a 2013 S4, Monsoon Gray, full leather, sport diff, etc., etc. I taped up the entire nose for the drive home from the dealership and now it sits in my garage waiting for my clear bra guy Cliff to do his magic. This is my first Audi....I had no idea how wonderful and well equipped these cars are. It is certainly a most worthy stable mate of my Turbo.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
You did well, I'm glad you got Sport Diff (actually hard to find without) because that is a MUST have IMO. I have owned all generations of the Audi A4/S4/RS4 line since the B5 and this is the best car they have made to date. The better weight distribution is clear and the sport diff makes cornering a whole new ballgame for Audis.

And with a tune they are really fast, this engine is fantastic and you will make short work of E92 M3's.

The 2013's look real nice too.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Congrats. I've been driving a 2013 around for the last week, my P dealer is really nice. I'm really impressed with this car and for the first time I can say I would buy this car without a thrid pedal. It's luxurios, quick, comofortable good looking, only complaint would be the notorious Audi brake dust. Oh forgot to mention the Lambo steering wheel, very cool.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 AM
3 pedals and 2 pedals

EUROTOM - interesting comments as I too will only settle for 3 pedals in my Porsches...they are such an involving car and even the much adored (by others) PDK just does not work for me in a Pcar....but....I do enjoy that technology (even if not up to PDK standardds) in other cars and the Audi is one of them...it is perfect for this car and the type of driving it was purchased for.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
EUROTOM - interesting comments as I too will only settle for 3 pedals in my Porsches...they are such an involving car and even the much adored (by others) PDK just does not work for me in a Pcar....but....I do enjoy that technology (even if not up to PDK standardds) in other cars and the Audi is one of them...it is perfect for this car and the type of driving it was purchased for.
Couldn't agree more, congrats enjoy, it's a great daily driver.