Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 ttrs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 PM
SKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura about
I have the APR tune on my TTS for well over a yaer and have been extremely happy. Have met the APR people at some shows and Arin always has answered my questions emailed to him promptly. Seems in the UK people think REVO is the best and in the US APR is top dog. Keep doing your reserach since the flash only takes a few minutes you shouldnt be in a huge hurry but both will improve the car significantly. I feel I see alot more press about APR and their racing efforts and R&D facility are amazing.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
Tune Choices!

Thanks for the info! I have been going blind with all the forums I have been reading.

I checked out the VW forums suggested and found some of good info about the APR tune. I am confused as to why some people get a response from APR and others do not?

Still searching...

Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
hurley is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adam89911
Thanks for the input! What other tunes did you consider before going with REVO? When it comes to HP/TQ numbers the REVO needs other parts to reach the same numbers as APR tune only.
I will be getting the rear sway from 034 Motorsports, then a second set of rims and Hoosiers for the track.
With the above I should be able to have some fun terrorizing others at the tracks I attend, Summit Point, Watkins Glen, VIR, Thunderbolt, and Mid Ohio.

Adam
Thanks for the info! I have been going blind with all the forums I have been reading.

I checked out the VW forums suggested and found some of good info about the APR tune. I am confused as to why some people get a response from APR and others do not?

Still searching...
I've driven the APR Stage 1 TTRS, the difference from stock is incredible. It belongs to a guy I road race with. I think that car has seen as many track and autocross miles as it's had on the street He also has the 034 sway bar, be sure they send you the collars that bolt onto the sway bar to keep it from shifting side to side because his didn't initially come with them and his bar shifted from side to side eventually hitting the sway links or control arm. APR has great support, you can't go wrong.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Tune

Originally Posted by hurley
I've driven the APR Stage 1 TTRS, the difference from stock is incredible. It belongs to a guy I road race with. I think that car has seen as many track and autocross miles as it's had on the street He also has the 034 sway bar, be sure they send you the collars that bolt onto the sway bar to keep it from shifting side to side because his didn't initially come with them and his bar shifted from side to side eventually hitting the sway links or control arm. APR has great support, you can't go wrong.
Glad to hear someone else say APR has a good reputation! The VWvortex blog about the misfire issues does not speak highly of them.

I have received info from REVO on their Tune since I started this thread. APR has not contacted me to answer any of my questions. I have to say that I am leaning towards REVO since they have taken the initiative to reach out to a potential customer.

We will soon see, I am waiting to hear how APR is fixing the misfire issues some of the guys are having!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
hurley is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear someone else say APR has a good reputation! The VWvortex blog about the misfire issues does not speak highly of them.

I have received info from REVO on their Tune since I started this thread. APR has not contacted me to answer any of my questions. I have to say that I am leaning towards REVO since they have taken the initiative to reach out to a potential customer.

We will soon see, I am waiting to hear how APR is fixing the misfire issues some of the guys are having!
APR isn't a sponsor on this forum. They won't be able to reach out to you. Honestly you should take a few minutes to call 800-680-7921 and ask to speak with Colby (sales manager) or Arin (marketing manager). They are both straight forward guys who will answer all of your questions. Don't shy away asking about misfires either, they'll give you a straight answer.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Harrison Ruffin is infamous around these parts
I have an APR upgrade. It has a problem at WOT, keep going into limp home mode and have to cut the car off to reset. This needt to be fixed. I'm not sure the car is any faster on the track. I could not turn better times at High Plains before and after were about the same. Seems like the is a little less grunt down low. Sorted the brakes with some RB rotors and some home made ducting. Replaced motor mounts and we are good to go. Tried the Hoosier R6 slicks, lots of grip, but at $360 each, I'm having just as much fun roasting cheap used tires at the cost of mount and ballance. Don't change the exhaust, the OEM unit is stellar. Have some one else drive by you, give it a listen, sublime!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Harrison Ruffin
I have an APR upgrade. It has a problem at WOT, keep going into limp home mode and have to cut the car off to reset. This needt to be fixed. I'm not sure the car is any faster on the track. I could not turn better times at High Plains before and after were about the same. Seems like the is a little less grunt down low. Sorted the brakes with some RB rotors and some home made ducting. Replaced motor mounts and we are good to go. Tried the Hoosier R6 slicks, lots of grip, but at $360 each, I'm having just as much fun roasting cheap used tires at the cost of mount and ballance. Don't change the exhaust, the OEM unit is stellar. Have some one else drive by you, give it a listen, sublime!
I appreciate the info. I have no intention of being a DYNO champion! My car will see the track and also see autocross! I fully expect my vehicles to run and perform the best they can. I would be extremely upset if I paid for a tune and then it would keep cutting out at the track.

I will be using the car at most of the tracks on the east coast. I had an EVO IX MR with 350 whp/Motons/Hoosiers and good alignment! That car would pull all the way to redline when other cars with 100 more hp would have misfire, fuel, and timing issues. At the track it is so easy to pass cars that loose power, even for a few seconds, due to mechanical issues.

I may just put the 034 Rear Sway, custom ducting, brake lines, and good pads to start. If you are running the same times going from 360/340 stock to 414/430 with the APR tune then it does not take a experienced tuner to realize their is a problem somewhere.

As a consumer who uses their vehicle to the fullest extent on the track and the street, I expect the best in any mods I purchase. I also expect the mod company to back their product fully.

Maybe I am old school, the products or services I provide to my clients work exactly as they are presented when sold. If by chance, and there are a few, an issue arrises with a product or service, 100% of my resources is focused on fixing the issue.

I have noticed that some of the issues are still going on in the same cars for over 1 year.

Oh well, that is why these forums are a vital part of the custom auto scene. Here is where the real issues come to light. I doubt if the manufactures would respond in such a manner...

Yes Sir,
We have had misfire issues with several vehicles in the US and Europe. We have advised those customers with several ways to fix the problem but as of yet we have no way to tell you that if you put our product on your vehicle it will not do the exact same thing.

I would venture to say that after I run Summit Point in March on a stock form I will be happy. Then get a Tune and see the difference.

We will see!