Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Had the R8 wrapped in Satin Guard...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Had the R8 wrapped in Satin Guard...

My local detailer (in NJ) just finished up the wrap on my car. It was the first full wrap my detailer did with this material (Prestige Satin Guard - same material that Premier uses). The car went to my local dealer for an ECU upgrade and my service tech said it's the best job he's seen on a full wrap so far. I ended up getting a huge discount on it was the first time my detailer was using the material. I knew it would be spectacular as he's a perfectionist. The photos were taken later in the day - the car looks more white, not cream as the photos make it appear. The film is translucent with hints of blue and pink metal flake which make the car look matte and pearl. The best way I could describe the color would be a slightly whiter version of Aston's Morning Frost with a matte finish. It's super easy to clean and resists bugs, fingerprints, etc. The black trim on the front was covered with traditional film and the carbon blades and rear black areas were covered with 22ple glass coat.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 PM
ryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really nice
Car looks good
How are you enjoying the ECU upgrade?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Nice. Who did the install? Looking for someone who can do satin guard in the tri-state area. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:29 AM
neoprufrok is infamous around these parts
Looks incredible. Was thinking of that for my upcoming car, except its a little too flashy for an s8.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 AM
GBX, Nick Gates did it over at A Buff and Beyond Detailing in Millstone, NJ. (609) 571-6817

Ryan, ECU upgrade is great. I also put in the BMC filters and the car feels much more responsive.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
One of my mysteries of life.....why anyone would want a dull finish on their car.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Fair enough. Basically, I'm **** about my cars - any imperfections in the paint drive me crazy. This finish is more satin than a true matte, there's some sheen to it. It will be far more resistant to and blemishes than the actual paint. Also, the contrast between the satin white and the gloss carbon and black is striking.

With my Aston, I spent hours every weekend cleaning it up and had it professionally detailed twice a year. This should give me more time to actually drive it.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
This came out great! Congrats on the new car and the great results with Satin Guard!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Fair enough. Basically, I'm **** about my cars - any imperfections in the paint drive me crazy. This finish is more satin than a true matte, there's some sheen to it. It will be far more resistant to and blemishes than the actual paint. Also, the contrast between the satin white and the gloss carbon and black is striking.

With my Aston, I spent hours every weekend cleaning it up and had it professionally detailed twice a year. This should give me more time to actually drive it.
I appreciate the open minded response to my critique. It's actually not bad...still a very nice looking car. I could deal with the satin finish a whole lot more than the wheels actually. They are also nice but the design is not aggressive enough for a sport car imo. They look like they would be more at home on a Bentley. So that means they are nice just on the wrong car.

Auto enthusiam is so subjective. We love cars but have little differences that mean so much. I compare it to women. We may all like them but some love big ***** and some don't. Wait...I think everyone likes nice sized *****.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:09 PM
builthatch is infamous around these parts
sorry to bump this terribly old thread, but Dr. G, if you can try to PM me, i'd like to talk to you about the film work and see about a referral for the guy who did it. i can't PM you because of my post count!!!

i was screwed royally by a VERY well known detailer in PA who somehow thinks he can do PPF but of course damaged my wife's brand new '14 Q5 3.0 S-Line. i need someone who does flawless film work, but that is harder than you'd think - i have been searching high and low and stumbled on this thread.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:40 PM
PM sent.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Biglife is infamous around these partsBiglife is infamous around these parts
Car looks great with this wrap. I'd setup an R8 the same way, but would finish the rims in black as well. Since this thread has been dug up from the grave, how has the film held up?

Old 07-26-2014, 05:59 PM
The wrap held up nicely. I ended up trading the car in for the RS7 in May. I needed the extra seats and the trunk space because we have been taking more road trips lately. The whole family couldn't enjoy the R8. Had the APR 93 & 100 tune done on the RS7. With 100 octane, it's a monster. There was a VW/Audi festival at Englishtown, NJ last weekend and another RS7 with only an APR stage 1 running 100 octane did a 10.6 second 1/4 mile. Not too bad for a "sensible" family sedan

Old 07-26-2014, 06:27 PM
builthatch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. G
The wrap held up nicely. I ended up trading the car in for the RS7 in May. I needed the extra seats and the trunk space because we have been taking more road trips lately. The whole family couldn't enjoy the R8. Had the APR 93 & 100 tune done on the RS7. With 100 octane, it's a monster. There was a VW/Audi festival at Englishtown, NJ last weekend and another RS7 with only an APR stage 1 running 100 octane did a 10.6 second 1/4 mile. Not too bad for a "sensible" family sedan
OP, thanks for the PM! as it turns out, i still can't PM even if someone sends one to me but i saw what you wrote. apparently i need to post more and lurk less

heh, you were at Waterfest? i've been going there for over a decade (for work). it has changed quite a bit over the years.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:11 AM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Looks really nice. I love the contrast between the satin paint and gloss carbon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had the R8 wrapped in Satin Guard...