Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Right price for the RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Right price for the RS6

Looking to get into a 30-35k mile clean car, what should i expect to pay and what should i look for...my 1st audi.

-Nick

Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Not plugging the competition, but check out RS6.com and audiworld.com. They are both great and active RS6 resources. As an RS6 owner, I'd estimate that you're looking at something in the $60K neighborhood +/-. The prices on the cars have held up well. However, if you're serious about an RS6, make sure you purchase an Audi certified car. They've had some serious (transmission and DRC suspension) and some minor, but expensive (OnStar red light), issues.

I can assure you that the RS6 is every bit as good as you would expect. It is possibly the best all round car I've ever owned. That's not to say that it's perfect. We got short changed a bit here in the US, while the best bits stayed in Europe and RoW. Seats and Nav are the two biggest shortcomings, but both can be rectified by relatively minor expenses.

Absolutely stay away from chipped (engine and/or tranny) cars. Audi will not honor the warranty. Period. Also, they've been known to void the warranty if the wrong engine oil is used (it's a special formulation only available through Audi...surprise, surprise).

Finally, make sure your local dealer has an RS6 tech. Many dealers don't, and if yours doesn't, you won't be able to get warranty work (services or other) done by them, which could be an unpleasant surprise to you if the next nearest dealer is hundreds of miles away.

Best of luck in your search. There are a couple of cars for sale right now, I believe, over on Audiworld and RS6.com.

CW

Old 10-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Found one for you, super clean car, no body work and fully loaded, I think they will let it go for $53,000
I just purchased a 2006 A8 from them, nice bunch of guys, they seem pretty legit.
http://www.northbayimports.com/detai...-77l1147984955

Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Not a bad price.

IIRC, the available options are/were Nav, sound enhanced exhaust, carbon interior, rear side airbags, and warm weather package. Prices to be adjusted accordingly.

Good luck,

CW

Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 AM
AudiGuy is infamous around these parts
If you cant get one thats certified, at least go with some other kind of extended warranty...this is one of those high maitenance cars. To access most things on the engine it needs to come out of the car, you do not want to pay that labor like my friend did on his.

As said, many dealers do not have RS6 techs, also realize that even for the most basic of services expect the car to be down the entire day. Nothing is quick or easy on this car.

Modified RS6's run good, for a short time. Audi is big on watching over these cars. They know whos modified with what and from where, 90% of the time when things are done on an RS6 an Audi rep will take a look at the car.

RS6 oil is Castrol Syntec TXT. Its easiest to get from dealers because not all auto parts stores will carry this oil. Its specially formulated for TDI engines and the 4.2 biturbo and several other engines that we do not have here in the states. Might be cheaper through VW dealers than audi.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:47 AM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Yipes.......

Old 10-28-2006, 01:15 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I know of a spectacular Audi dealership that has an RS6 with aftermarket wheels and sound system with 30k miles on it with a brand new four year warranty included. The asking price is $65k I believe, and I would think that is negotiable..

Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
Can you point me in the direction of that dealer?

Old 10-29-2006, 02:32 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
The RS6 I PM'ed you about is both Audi certified and has the extended warranty included in the price I'm pretty sure. I was able to look at it (not inside, it was locked) and it was in mint shape!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
There is a 15K miles RS6 in the back of Autoweek.
Best of luck, it is an absolutely great daily driver.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Silver TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rduffyt
I know of a spectacular Audi dealership that has an RS6 with aftermarket wheels and sound system with 30k miles on it with a brand new four year warranty included. The asking price is $65k I believe, and I would think that is negotiable..
Can you email me the name and contact details of the dealership?

danvene@hotmail.com

Thank you, Dan

Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
expect to pay a low of $48,500 to $66,000 for a lower mile one.

Audi CPO will be the best way to go on this one. Tons of great mods for this car. No issues with my car yet.

Love it. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2006, 01:12 AM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
Its very possible that my uncle/aunt may be selling their car. Its avus silver/black. Fully loaded with nav (if you can call it that), sound enhanced exhaust (black tips), carbon interior, warm weather, rear airbags (i believe)... with about 24,000 miles on it. I drive that car fairly often. I was trying to convince him to trade the RS6 plus his 996 Turbo X50, for a 997 Turbo. Like I said... not sure if they will sell as they love the car... but they barely use it. I use it more... not that I am complaining.