Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buying my frist RS6 - have some quick questions for you guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pyiu
Black tips are the Audi sport exhaust tips.

So far I've done the Dahlback Air intake, Milltek Exhuast, Dahlback ECU chip/Dahlback Tranny chip no problems at all, PSS9's, Sportec 20's summer, BBS Ch's 19 for snow, RNS-E, BT, Sirrius, Euro Recaros, H-sport sways....

I think if you go with dp's and the fuel pump and fuel regulator you may experience tranny failure. There is one place I know of in the US that will rebuild RS6 trannys Level 10 they are in NJ I think.

2nd that the RSN-E is amazing!!!!! Probably the best mod possible. SD cards for MP3's, DVD Nav, BT capable, Sat Radio capable endless things with this unit, video /ipod....

Euro interior is amazing as well.

Here are some pictures:

Sportec 20's

Bilstein PSS9's

Dahlback Air Intake

Not a great pic but euro recaro rears

Euro Recaro front:

Milltek tips:

Audiworld and RS6.com best sources also navplus.us for NAV info and electronics.
piyu your RS6 is easily one of the nicest around. Would you mind dropping me an email? The address is in my profile. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Marcus

Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Sorry CW, but I have the SE exhaust on my US-Spec RS6 and the tips are black. I have my original window sticker showing the SE exhaust option as well.

I have always seen/etc that SE exhausts were black, non SE exhausts had chrome tips, and never heard of an exception until you.

-m
Yep, exactly.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
I bet there is a part number on the exhaust fitted to your car. If you let an Audi dealer check it, I'd be willing to bet they can verify what you have fitted.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:15 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Pyiu, Thanks for the tire info. How do you like the Contis?

M5Kid and Marcus, Next time I'm out at the race shop, I'll try to find the box the stock exahust is in, pull a part number and check with the dealer. Shouldn't be difficult, but I just have to find the time. Is it possible that the dealer or AoA switched out parts? Sure, I suppose it's possible, but I've heard the sound enhanced exhaust on other RS6's and my stock exhaust was the same (at least to my ear). Either way, the Eisenmann is on the car and the new Sportec is in a box waiting to go on. And, of course, the original sticker clearly indicates sound enhanced.

CW

Old 01-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by CornersWell
Pyiu, Thanks for the tire info. How do you like the Contis?

M5Kid and Marcus, Next time I'm out at the race shop, I'll try to find the box the stock exahust is in, pull a part number and check with the dealer. Shouldn't be difficult, but I just have to find the time. Is it possible that the dealer or AoA switched out parts? Sure, I suppose it's possible, but I've heard the sound enhanced exhaust on other RS6's and my stock exhaust was the same (at least to my ear). Either way, the Eisenmann is on the car and the new Sportec is in a box waiting to go on. And, of course, the original sticker clearly indicates sound enhanced.

CW
Cool, will be interesting to hear what you find.

So, your switching out the Eisenmann for Sportec? Curious as to what you prefer about the Sportec?

Travis

Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
The Eisenmann sounds great, and I do like it a lot, but it's only a from-the-cats-back (i.e. a non-cat back) system. The Sportec includes the cats. I might end up installing the down pipes, as well. Just another project.

As it may turn out, though, the car may get sold before any of this happens as I may be moving overseas.

CW

Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
CornersWell,

Not calling you a liar by any means, just stating my experience. I sent you a PM as well.

Thanks,

-m

Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
No worries, Marcus. Not easily offended anyway. Besides, anything's possible based on where the car came from!

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

CW

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I beleive that an exhaust that includes the muffler and resonator (which attaches to the cat(s)) is a "catback" exhaust. Including the cats in a muffler system is pretty rare, but cool.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok, M5Kid. Corrected. We'll use your terminology. All this terminology is daft, anyway. Full, 3/4, 1/2, cat-back, non-cat-back. Whatever. The Sportec has the muffler, pipes and cats. The Eisenmann has the muffler and pipes only. I'll see if I have a picture of the Sportec around somewhere. I may even have a picture of the Eisenmann from when I purchased it somewhere.

CW

Old 01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
Here's my beast.. No issues...

MTM stage II--MTM software together with 2 ITG performance air filters and a stainless steel cat-back exhaust system will bring the horsepower up to 520 and 516 lb/ft of torque. The exhaust system is electronically and vacuum operated to open and close Pierberg bypass exhaust valves. This makes for 2 very enhanced exhaust notes. MTM performance transmission management software. MTM performance tiptronic software

Bosch sport bypass valves
MTM- Front & rear spring perches for 15mm lowering

HRE Competition Series C21--19x9----2.5 inch lip(rear)--2 inch(front) red,blue,white center caps
Pirelli P-Zero 255-35
Tint-30%
3m clear bra

and LOTS of REGGEATTON in the cd changer..

514.9hp----549.5 torque

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
Good luck and welcome to the RS 6 family..

Last edited by crush; 01-10-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
puma9mg is infamous around these parts
This was a budies RS6.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
YGM Marcus Frost,

Phil

Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Im strongly thinking about picking up a RS6...

How is this car higher mileage but well maintained?

Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
pyiu, you have the nicest RS6 ever!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying my frist RS6 - have some quick questions for you guys