Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

B6 S4 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Full Milltek resonated will be the best sounding exhaust you have ever heard with the exception being VRAlexanders CGT maybe.
Ugh... I'm sure it sounds nice, but that is the overstatement of overstatements. You ever hear a F430? 355 or 360 w/ Tubi? 997 GT3? The 4.2 V8 in the S4 is a real nice motor, but it pales in comparison to some.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
So, to those running Carbonio, what are the advantages over the Stratmosphere unit? Also, I'm foreign to downpipes, and where/what they are in the exhaust setup? Stupid question, I know.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=
Kevin - I want to put the RNS-E in my car. Where did you get yours and how is the iPod interface ? I'd prefer to stash the iPod in the glove box if possible; can it be wired that way ?[/QUOTE]

I got it from a friend of mine who was trading in his A4, but you can get it from http://www.rivalmotorsport.com/, talk to Scott he can hook you up.

As far as the Ipod, you can get the adapter from Audi and place it in the glove box. The only thing is that you can't use the CD changer in the trunk or glove box unless oyu get an adapter from someone that makes them. He's on Audizine.

If you have any question's let me know.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by M5Kid
So, to those running Carbonio, what are the advantages over the Stratmosphere unit? Also, I'm foreign to downpipes, and where/what they are in the exhaust setup? Stupid question, I know.
http://www.tantrumwerks.com/html/dpmfg.html
take a look there for info in downpipes as they relate to turbo motors..they basically come off the headers and improve flow pre-cat. when your talking exhaust, it's all about proper flow with just the right amount of backpressure. Too much backpressure and you loose top end...not enough and you loose torque, midrange...you get the point. Exhaust is an artform and onto my next point.

A buddy of mine took delivery of his new F430 spyder a couple days ago. the first thing we did was pull the entire exhaust and install straight pipes on his lift in his house - he has 4....
Similar to Vralexanders but typical Ferrari banshee wail at wot...He'll be taking delivery of a 599 in a couple weeks and were gonna do the same...that should be interesting to say the least...
point is, as good as the S4 V8 sounds with a nice exhaust, it's nothing more than a very well tuned fuel injected V8. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing..but nothing compared to a what we're gonna do to this 599

Old 12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Crod,

Thanks for information, and I agree regarding the sound of the S4. Great car, nice motor, but it can't compare to a Ferrari V12, and many others... it's all about the motor that the exhaust is attached too.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
puma9mg is infamous around these parts
For the Ipod integration you can go with this as well. With the DICE you will be able to see the current song playing in your factory stereo.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merch...DICE_IPOD_AUDI

Old 12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Milltek install and Hyperflow Intake Pics

Well I got around to installing a new intake filter and bulkhead/heat barrier. I also pulled the stock exhaust and replaced it with a Milltek cat back non-resonated exhaust. I'd say the car has more power for sure, but more importantly, these two minor mods got rid of the peaks in the B6 S4 powerband. Before it kind of fell on it's face above 6000 rpms, now it pulls strong all the way to redline. Installation of both took me about 4 hours. I can't tell you how impressed I continue to be with this car. Even moreso now after getting under it and seeing the quality and fit and finish mechanically. I would venture to say that this thing is put together as well if not better than my 997S. Enjoy the pics:

Notice the pinched factory pipe reducing inside diameter...

Last edited by Crod; 12-18-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Ugh... I'm sure it sounds nice, but that is the overstatement of overstatements. You ever hear a F430? 355 or 360 w/ Tubi? 997 GT3? The 4.2 V8 in the S4 is a real nice motor, but it pales in comparison to some.
Yes, I have heard an F430 with exhaust, not sure if it was tubi or not. It sounded pretty nice but I would not want to hear that sound behind me everyday when I drove. My statement was my opinion and was probably a bit generous but certainly not the overstatement of overstatements. Glad you think that a f-car sounds so good. Its your opinion and you are entitled to it.
I drove an S4 with full milltek resonated and non-resonated for over a year as a daily driver. The resonated full sounded really good and pleasant to hear on a daily basis. There was no drone, no popping and it did not attract an enormous amount of attention. The non-res full was very loud and attracted alot of unwanted attention. I could never hit WOT with a cop anywhere near or I would be getting some attention quickly.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned
Pics cont'd:

Gotta love the bigger tailpipes that stay in-line with the sleeper/understated wagon

Old 12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crod
Gotta love the bigger tailpipes that stay in-line with the sleeper/understated wagon

Looks sweet bro.... Nice job!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Banned
Thanks Chris....and thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now it's time for a Flash, tipchip and rear LSD

Old 12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crod
Thanks Chris....and thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now it's time for a Flash, tipchip and rear LSD
I am going to be hot on your heels pumping up my lil' A3.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Crod,

You think you will gain much with a flash on that V8? By the way, the Milltek setup looks amazing. A year or two ago, when the B6 S4 first came out I was at the track and a guy had a silver S4 Avant with Milltek. Sounded really nice, although a little tame around the paddock and front straight. I assume he was running the resonated version?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I think the flash makes more sense w/supporting mods (i.e. intake and exhaust). A flash on its own is probably not worth it IMO.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
pjalexandre is infamous around these parts
Crod,

Hey share some 411 on the planned mods "Now it's time for a Flash, tipchip and rear LSD "

I'm curious about the tipchip (who makes it, etc)... what about the lsd? never even heard about those as options for these cars.

-Paul

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: B6 S4 Intake