Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

B6 S4 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
B6 S4 Intake

Does anyone have any info or experience with either of these intakes/airboxes ?

http://www.stratmosphere.com/hyperflow.htm

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/i...io_b6b7s4.html

Old 12-12-2006, 02:38 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
A lot of the S4 guys on Audizine seem to be using the Hyperflow, of course in addition to a Milltek or Labree exhaust system. Power wise, I understand the downpipes are where the majority of the hp comes from, if thats what your looking for. My understanding is intake, software, dp/exhaust will give a nice boost, but it will cost.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Kid

Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Dont change out the intake manifold. Most tests have shown the stock flows more air than any of the aftermarkets. If you feel that you have to do it go with the Carbonio....I had both Hyperflow and carbonio and the carbonio is definitely nicer. As for exhaust, Full Milltek resonated will be the best sounding exhaust you have ever heard with the exception being VRAlexanders CGT maybe. Feel free to PM me if you want more poop. I went thru pretty much all the mods out there on my 2 b6's.
As far as software, I would go with either GIAC or Revo. The others are crap!
PM me if you are going to buy anything from Strat.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Also, ask lots of questions here:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/

It is the best resource for B6 S4.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Geoff is infamous around these partsGeoff is infamous around these parts
stratmosphere looks/sounds good...not so sure you get much gain though

Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
i'd go for Carbonio... using it on both my A4 and S4 avants...

Old 12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned
thanks for the info guys - much appreciated. I ordered today the Milltek non resonated cat back exhaust as well as the Hyperflow intake; both from Strato.
I would have prefered NOT to change the stock airbox, but this is what mine looks like now:

I have no clue how the techs missed this during the certification process for CPO...I've contacted the service manager at the dealership and they are looking into it. But the filter clearly is drawing air right off the exhaust manifold which is no good at all. We'll see how they handle it. Maybe they'll send me a new factory airbox or have me go to my local dealer and pick one up. If that happens then I'll be able to test the Hyperflow and the stock box back to back and see which one I like better. Thanks agian for the help.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Dude, That is a hyperflow without the heat shield in place....LOL

Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Same as what you see here on my first S4:

This pic is minus the stock trim piece and the air filter. Basically the hyperflow is a heat shield, a large inlet tube and a filter. BTW, the filter you have on yours looks like it needs to be replaced.

Last edited by Secure; 12-12-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned
Agreed - and I told the guys I bought it from that it's the Hyperflow filter minus the bulkhead...I've done a bunch of research over at audiworld, and have read that a lot of guys in cold weather environments don't install the blukhead. But, I live in Southern Cal, and even now, in the dead of winter, it's still 70 degrees during the day and this thing is sucking hot air right off the exhaust manifold and I can tell it's falling on it's face above 5000rpms. That pic of yours is missing the intake runner as well - did you drive it like that as well as without all the other trim pieces ??

Last edited by Crod; 12-12-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I hope they get it worked out for you. No, that is a pic of it right before the motor came out. It was being disassembled when the pic was taken.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
This was a pic of it a few days later....not to jack your thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
I installed the Carbonio in my S4 Avant a few weeks ago and I am enjoying it.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SecureS4
This was a pic of it a few days later....not to jack your thread
No prob man - I enjoy the carnage
Why'd they pull it ? I know some of the first B6S4 motors had probs, was yours one of them ?

Kevin - I want to put the RNS-E in my car. Where did you get yours and how is the iPod interface ? I'd prefer to stash the iPod in the glove box if possible; can it be wired that way ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: B6 S4 Intake