Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Bluetooth question

I just upgraded my cell phone from a Cingular Razr, which worked great with the MMI bluetooth option, it even brought up my phone book on the MMI screen, now that have a Black Berry from cingular, the bluetooth works fine but my address book does not show up on the MMI screen, does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:53 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
hummm... see my blackberry doesn't even work right now on my S4's MMI... but it works just fine with phone book and everything on my A4... strange but true!

Alan

Old 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM
German Driver is infamous around these parts
Each phone takes to the BT differently. We have a list generating on navplus.us and audizine.com which basically gives you an idea which phones will work best. It's really trial and error. I currently use a Blackberry 8700 C and the only feature that works is the phone book. Outgoing calls, received, missed and so forth do not show up because of how the Blackberry catagorizes calls. If you notice our calls are signified by icons and not necessarily placed in a directory. When RNS-E's BT pulls that info it can't figure out where to plop it on the screen. Now as far as te V3 Razr is concerned you have different blocks or catagories rather which seperate your logs. This is the general reason for this. PM me if you have more specific questions as I am quite familiar of the inner workings of these units and the functionality of them inside and out.

-Scott

Last edited by German Driver; 12-15-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by German Driver
Each phone takes to the BT differently. We have a list generating on navplus.us and audizine.com which basically gives you an idea which phones will work best. It's really trial and error. I currently use a Blackberry 8700 C and the only feature that works is the phone book. Outgoing calls, received, missed and so forth do not sure up because of house the Blackberry catagorizes calls. If you notice our calls are signified by icons and not necessarily placed in a directory. When RNS-E's BT pulls that info it can't figure out where to plop it on the screen. Now as far as te V3 Razr is concerned you have different blocks or catagories rather which seperate your logs. This is the general reason for this. PM me if you have more specific questions as I am quite familiar of the inner workings of these units and the functionality of them inside and out.

-Scott
Thanks......................

Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
SRC4S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rave TT
I just upgraded my cell phone from a Cingular Razr, which worked great with the MMI bluetooth option, it even brought up my phone book on the MMI screen, now that have a Black Berry from cingular, the bluetooth works fine but my address book does not show up on the MMI screen, does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
If it's a Blackberry 7130e then you're out of luck. It's the phone - some BBs don't have the ability to upload the phonebook.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I have the Treo 65o and even though it links up to the MMI with no problem I cant dial out of the MMI but rather have to press send on my phone in order to get a call out. Hanging up or answering a call is fine using the MMI.
Its weird, looking at some Audi websites they were calling for a "partnership" between Audi and Treo where they would have a cradle and they were supposed to have been able to work perfectly together but I guess there is a glitch somewhere. Of course Audi service has no clue what the problem is. My Nokia 8801 hooks up and works perfectly though.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 AM
andrewket is infamous around these parts
Same problem here- my Verizon Blackberry 8703e works great with the MMI for placing calls, but the address book won't sync. I've had to manually enter numbers into the MMI's address book.

-A

Old 12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by andrewket
Same problem here- my Verizon Blackberry 8703e works great with the MMI for placing calls, but the address book won't sync. I've had to manually enter numbers into the MMI's address book.

-A
yeah, blackberry is awesome for email but i'd rate it a 5 on bluetooth convenience. the lack of the upload also means you don't get caller id. there are times when you really need to know who's calling you before you hit that MMI button

Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !

-A
Oh I get all the phonebook, last dialed, missed etc, just cant dial out from the MMI but have all the other functions downloading just no dialing out, have to find number on phone and hit send, nuisance yes.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:38 AM
andrewket is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SRC4S
yeah, blackberry is awesome for email but i'd rate it a 5 on bluetooth convenience. the lack of the upload also means you don't get caller id. there are times when you really need to know who's calling you before you hit that MMI button
Actually, I get the caller ID.

-A

Old 12-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Actually, I get the caller ID.

-A
I believe manually entering the numbers into the MMI will allow the name to show on caller ID. w/o manually entering the names, the MMI only shows the number of whose calling you. but i could be wrong since we are using two different blackberry phones. I know for sure that mine doesn't show the names.

Have you wanted any improvements to the MMI?