Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS6 or S4 for daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:46 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
RS6 or S4 for daily driver

First off I'd like to say hi to the Audi community. I've never owned an Audi and I was contemplating for a daily driver an 07' S4 or 03' RS6. I don't have kids at the moment so I don't need the extra room, but I like the fact that the RS6 is turbo, therfore easier to mod for extra performance. The S4 I guess would be more nimble and brand new which is nice.

What do you guys think would you go new S4 or RS6?

Are there any issues with the RS6 that I should be aware of, like recalls or any mechanical twitches.

Thanks
Raudel

Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Maintenance costs will be much higher with the RS6, plus an '03 will be out of warranty soon if not already. I had an '05.5 S4 and I loved it...

If the warranty/maintenance thing is not an issue, then get the RS6. It's sexy as hell...

Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Maintenance costs will be much higher with the RS6, plus an '03 will be out of warranty soon if not already. I had an '05.5 S4 and I loved it...

If the warranty/maintenance thing is not an issue, then get the RS6. It's sexy as hell...
Chris,
Thanks for your response!
Why would maintenance be higher on the RS6?
Was your S4 a turbo or v8

Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I say go with the S4 for the same reasons chris said. I had 2 RS6's and they were very very nice cars. The DRC suspension has been a problem with them and that is enought to scare you away from not having a warranty.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM
tsills is infamous around these parts
I think it depends on what you want/expect from the car cause there can be a lot of differences. For instance the RS6 only came w/ an auto. So if you want to row your own gears that's not an option. And while both cars are nose heavy, the RS6 really pushes out on the track. On the other hand, a chip and exhaust will do wonders for the RS6 so what happens is it becomes a point and shoot type of car with monster torque down low. You mentioned not needing the space, but the lack of rear seat leg room was one particular reason why I sold my S4. The RS6 does offer some nice amount of room so could be a longer term vehicle (but maint. concerns will come to mind, especially if you chip). Lastly, '04 & up S4's are v8. But just because they don't have turbos doesn't mean they'd be less prone to maint issues. It's a complex engine shoe horned into the space meant for a v6 so any type of maintenance will cost $$.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
rcnj,

Well if you want you can drive mine and see how you like it. It looks like you are in NJ.

I had the b5 s4, b6 s4, and I truely like the RS6 better than both, I do however missed the 6 speed but the RS6 if you do some work to it to me is an amazing vehicle.

I have a chip ecu and tranny, exhuast, and a few other things. As for the DRC I got rid of it for PSS9's. The only other thing that will come up will be the tranny sooner or later...

I can help you with either purchase I know a few dealers....

Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
S4 for me. if u have to pick one of the two.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:27 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
S4 if i had to pick, more involving

Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Raudel - I'm digging my S4. You're more than welcome to take mine for spin.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by BBGT2
I say go with the S4 for the same reasons chris said. I had 2 RS6's and they were very very nice cars. The DRC suspension has been a problem with them and that is enought to scare you away from not having a warranty.
Bajo,
If I buy the rs6 it would definitely have to be certified. But I see your point.

Raudel

Old 04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
if I had to pick Id choose the S4..

/my .2..

good luck, im sure you will be happy with whatever you pick..

Last edited by WTRacing; 04-21-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by pyiu
rcnj,

Well if you want you can drive mine and see how you like it. It looks like you are in NJ.

I had the b5 s4, b6 s4, and I truely like the RS6 better than both, I do however missed the 6 speed but the RS6 if you do some work to it to me is an amazing vehicle.

I have a chip ecu and tranny, exhuast, and a few other things. As for the DRC I got rid of it for PSS9's. The only other thing that will come up will be the tranny sooner or later...

I can help you with either purchase I know a few dealers....
Phil,

Whats up man! I saw your car at Pancake house in FT. Lee the day of the run. Your car is one of the reasons I wanna get one. I would love to take it for a spin, especially since you have the mods that I would consider doing. I have your business card, so I'll give you a call to get together.

Thanks
Raudel

Old 04-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mike R.
Raudel - I'm digging my S4. You're more than welcome to take mine for spin.
Mike,
Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it if I decide to go that route. Do you have stick or auto?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Raudel, yes I remember yup give me a call anytime and we can meet up.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
i recently ordered a 2007 S4:
look at aa car with the DTM exterior package and you wont look again

my car got put on a boat a couple days ago so i will take pics when it gets here in a couple of weeks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS6 or S4 for daily driver