Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 85 URQ one of 73 imported in the USA ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
My 85 URQ one of 73 imported in the USA ..

Just a few shots of my recently acquired URQ
Its one of 73 , 1985 model year cars.
70k original miles, virtually no rust.
1 owner car.

It under went a partial restoration at the shop - paint was getting pretty old after so many years.. It sat in owners garage for the last 7 years not driven.

Towed it home out and put a battery in it, fresh gas and it started right up. Interior in great shape all original - bolt in cage. Engine has less than 300 miles on it. All records from day 1.
Balanced blue printed with larger turbo, ported head sport cam , extrude hone exhaust manifold, revalved koni's lowering springs, eureathane bushings in the suspension , stainless exhaust, brakes upgraded , car runs very strong!!! etc etc.

Here are some pics of the process.

This is the King of all 4 wheel drive cars.. If it werent for the impact of the Audi Quattro we probably wouldnt have all these all wheel drive cars today!..

I was once told that real Audi's had 5 cylinders and locking diff's .. hahah
Nothihg like a 5 cylinder at full song... I miss the gruppe b days!!

Oh well enjoy!!

Will post finished pictures soon!!

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 07-01-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I almost bought one of those as a daily driver 13 years ago. I always kick myself for passing on it.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Looking for a proper sample in Europe for years now!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Sweet UrQuattro!

Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
I almost feel guilty for not knowing much about this car. And what of towing it home? If it's Quattro, wouldn't that hurt the awd system?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I was once told that if you are an Audi owner and dont know the history of Quattro then other Audi owners have the right to run you off the road. LOLOLOL JK............

Google URQUATTRO and you can read up about it.

In the late 70's Audi developed Quattro which was basically all wheel drive in 81 they introduced the UR Quattro ( ur meaning original in german) in the years to follow Audi changed the face of motoring.
It it werent for the Audi Quattro or URQuattro as we know it. We would probably not have all wheel drive supercars today.

Once you have an Audi and you experiance what a quattro can do you will never be the same. It really is something special.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
I know about Audi's dominance in rallies and so on, never heard of this one though. Cheers!

P.S. My car is FWD!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm loving it, Fabryce! Very interesting project to follow.

I remember you telling me about your ride with Michele Mouton in a SpQ. I guess that car made an impression huh

Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Once you have an Audi and you experience what a quattro can do you will never be the same. It really is something special.

..so WHY then is GMG racing a lowly (j/k) bmw in the Touring Car series???

SOT: I really thought James & GMG had the field covered at Watkins Glen.
You guys will be AT THE TOP soon enuf!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by werksracer
..so WHY then is GMG racing a lowly (j/k) bmw in the Touring Car series???

SOT: I really thought James & GMG had the field covered at Watkins Glen.
You guys will be AT THE TOP soon enuf!

Well, you do know we got our start racing BMW's in 97. James ran that car in the 04 season and finished 4th in the championship.

Its a strong car and James drives it well..............

we are very hopeful at the Glen, but in Speed WC tourin car the cars are so close and it only takes 1 mistake, Randy is a great driver and today probably one of the best in the country,, He was there and took advantage of the slip up. Nonetheless were happy with the results.. Were 3rd in points now and half way through the season.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:52 AM
SilverBlue is infamous around these parts
Wow Fabryce,

That Ur Quattro model was my object of desire 20 years ago! I can't wait to see your finished project.

John

Old 08-05-2007, 01:44 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
There's the Sport Quattro and the URQuattro....which one is yours?

Does it have the full carbon composite body? If so, then that's a HUGE score!!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dubaudi
There's the Sport Quattro and the URQuattro....which one is yours?

Does it have the full carbon composite body? If so, then that's a HUGE score!!

My car is a UR quattro- Long wheel base.

The Sport Quattro is the short wheel base car that 220 were built for homologation purposes for Gruppe B.

A Sport Quattro is next on my list of cars to own

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
(Paris Hilton voice) That's hot!

My football (soccer) coach had one of those on blocks in his driveway 15 years ago. He was planning on getting it back on the road but didn't. Wish I had been able to ****** it from him.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 AM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
A Sport Quattro is next on my list of cars to own
I know someone who owns an original Sport Quattro in red. The guy lives in Florida but had the car brought over when he moved here from Norway (or was it Sweden...one of those). It's immaculate inside and out...but I guess with a carbon kevlar body you don't really have to worry about rust. Right now it's all "OEM" but he has a motor from MTM on the way for it....should be unbelievable when it's done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 85 URQ one of 73 imported in the USA ..