Sell 997 S for RS4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:35 AM
tar6day is infamous around these parts
rs4 is an awesome car

Old 12-08-2007, 06:40 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tar6day
rs4 is an awesome car
What are you selling when you reach 100 posts?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by win
Don't you guys hate it when:
You pull the handbrake up and the armrest bolster gets nudged upwards and after you release the handbrake, you have to adjust the armrest back down again?

hehe that's been my only pet peeve since I got mine...it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.
dude i hate that it drives me nutz

Old 12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
NotEvenAllowed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mchctsV
dude i hate that it drives me nutz
Thats funny, Audi has had the problem for a while I guess because my S4 (B5) does it too.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I Looovvee Turrboos
TTRon is infamous around these parts
Let me start by saying that I am and have always been a huge Audi and Porsche guy. They both appeal to me in that they are both more humble and more practical than their competitors obvious and respective competitors. Although I adore someof the more bling-bling brands, I could never actually get myself to buy a Ferrari or a Mercedes because of what I felt they say about their occupants.

When I was in my earlier twenty's I loved the attention, and could actually be seen driving a Speed Yellow 996 Turbo, or one of my dad's more showy cars. But I guess I grew out of it, thinking I was too old for Yellow (did I really just say that?). I then went from daily driving the 996 Turbo to a more humble Mugello Blue RS6. I kept both for a while and I really loved both cars but found I enjoyed the slightly more reserved nature of the RS6 on a daily basis. Non-the-less after selling the turbo I really did have seller's remorse. A buddy of mine came to visit one day in what was then the new Carrera 997, and I actually really liked it. I contemplated what I should do, knowing that the new RS4's were around the corner, and that me and my wife already had four cars between the two of us. I picked up a Carrera S and an RS4, thinking this would be wise in staying true to my Audi and Porsche roots. I was irritated by how strikingly similiar the two were, and wanted to actually jump-ship towards the M6 Coupe. This never really happened though and recently I came to realize how truly pointless having both cars was, and actually dumped the Carrera S in the fall.

I really liked both cars, but keeping around the Carrera S and classifying it as a "weekend driver" was pointless. I hardly got to enjoy it. I would get up in the morning and 95% opted to take the RS4. I would try, day-in and day-out, to convince my wife to actually take it. It was truly pointless keeping it around as long as I did (14 months). I guess I was just looking for something more thrilling out of my 2-door "weekend driver".

Come this summer I will be staying in the VAG family and getting myself something that the RS4 might not actually be able to keep up with .Now, from my strong anti-flashy car choices, I've found myself in love with the Gallardo Spyder, perhaps the flashiest car known to man. Go figure.

-TTRon

Last edited by TTRon; 12-08-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I'm not a fan of the Audi handling versus the Porsche. It just feels disconnected. With an aftermarket exhaust the Audi sounds great, but stock for stock there's no comparison, I'll take the 911 any day. These days I'm driving an STI, but I miss the 911 every day. For me it was just a family decision, I couldn't fit a baby seat and a bunch of other stuff in the 911. It was either the STI, an M5, S4, RS4, or RS6 and I just liked the idea of getting a cheap, really fast car that I could make a lot faster for not a lot of money. Pretty soon it'll be upgraded to a stage 2 with almost 400 crank HP, and that's costing me under $2k. Plus it's left me with money for other toys too (a lot of them!).

Old 12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
tBaker is infamous around these parts
I'm actually trying to sell my 06 997S as well and am currently looking at a RS4. Trying to unload my car in the dead of winter here in Colorado has been tough though. I might end up keeping it until next spring and just ordering an S5 (April Delivery is what I'm being quoted).

Last edited by tBaker; 12-09-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:11 AM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
Again, if i didn't have a real need for a back seat/trunk, I most definitely would have kept the 997. Do i love getting behind the big and boisterous V8 every day? Absolutely. Two very different cars with very different applications. They're both fine automobiles, the RS4 simply fits my needs best.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:11 PM
jtrichel is infamous around these parts
i recently sold my 1998 Carrera S and my Toyota Avalon and purchased a 2008 RS4 new. I definitely miss the Porsche, but I do think that this RS4 is the perfect daily driver. With a 2 yr old boy and another due in January, it was time to do something a little more practical... i even got a very cool Recaro child seat in the back...

Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
As much as I love the RS 4, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a soon to be discontinued model. The new A4 is coming, and your brand new car will soon look dated. Also, if you decide to go that route, I hope you like gas stations because you will be there a lot. That car really needs a bigger tank.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
BigMac78 is infamous around these parts
B8?

Personally, the B8's look like a beamer to me and I hate it so I will be in my B7 fo life. My next ride will be a R4 and until then I am driving the 06 S4.

I got the alcantara seats and rear air bags so if I do somehow end up with a kid...I will prob pick up a Volvo and just play with the S4.

I sold my Porsche because as a daily driver it was silly. I couldnt hear on my cell phone due to the engine, I couldnt fit more than one chick or golf clubs...and if 2 buddies fly into the airport you gotta call a taxi! Porsche will def be my second weekend car and it would prob be a 993.

B

Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PbPedis
. The new A4 is coming, and your brand new car will soon look dated.
really?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PbPedis
As much as I love the RS 4, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a soon to be discontinued model. The new A4 is coming, and your brand new car will soon look dated. Also, if you decide to go that route, I hope you like gas stations because you will be there a lot. That car really needs a bigger tank.
As for a particular vehicle being dated, I think it was EVO (Europes most respected and read car magazine) that stated in their comparison of the 911 with the Audi R8 that Porsche has been able to keep 1965 alive for 42 years? In fact, many early comparisons were made between the 993 and the 997 due to very similar style elements. IMHO the 911 is the dated look.

The RS4 is an enthusiasts car and has been reviewed by enthusiasts on this board who are not worried about the B8 style. They enjoy driving a true performance sedan and enjoy the many benefits associated with having real back seats and a real trunk, as well as the ***** to haul.

As for gas consumption, my RS4 averaged 21.5 mpg (20% city, 80% hiway) which was on par with my 2005 TT "S" Cab and 15% better than my R8, which IMHO is very respectable for a high performance 3,900 lb sedan.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
BigMac78 is infamous around these parts
Touche!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
What happened to Chris from Cali?