Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sell 997 S for RS4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
Sell 997 S for RS4?

I see many RS4 owners are porsche converts. I currently have a 2006 997S and love it however I dont drive it much (2 years old with about 6500 miles). I would really like a fun daily driver and the RS4 has caught my attention. Is the RS4 a better daily driver for those who have had both? Any common service problems (I live 2 hours from the nearest Audi dealer and don't want to drive back and forth alot)? Lastly, I am 6'3" and the 997S is a bit tight. I presume the RS4 is roomier, is this true and how are the seats.

Anyone deal with any of the Audi dealers in the Dallas area and if so what has been your experience.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I just did the very thing you are talking about a few weeks ago. I traded my '06 C2S in for my RS4. I have few, if any, regrets.

The RS4 is a much better choice as a daily than the 911. The only place is comes up short is in that "oooh" factor when other people (esp. non-car people) see it, and the absolute handling. Considering I drive relatively sanely on public roads, the RS4 was a better fit.

As far as comfort, the seats in the RS4 are incredibly comfortable. The leather is really soft, the bolsters and padding are in the right places, etc.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of the RS4 not being as recognizable as the porsche and being a little more practical. I am going to take my C2S to a Dallas Porsche dealer that also sells Audi's and see what they will do for me.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
different kinds of cars

the 997s is more fun in terms of getting that *** out around a turn... and NOTHING sounds as good as a flat six roaring to 7000 rpm

the RS4 is a 997s but more refined, more powerful, and a little more forgiving than a 997s..

the suspension is just as good for a good driver, but is a bit softer and easier to live with

also, 8250 rpms dont sound too bad

Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
If it is possible, I would keep 997 for weekend fun and buy RS4 for daily use!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Although I miss my 996 C4S I have no regrets in getting the RS4 instead. I'm still totally in love with the RS4. If you want something for daily then the RS4 is a great choice. The seats are way more comfortable, and the ride quality for DD duties is way better (although I have not driven a PASM 997S). Just having way more room and the trunk in a conventional place makes so many simple things much easier.

Ideally having a 911 for weekends and the RS4 for everything else would be a great setup but if your forced to have only one the RS4 is a great choice as its performance is top notch yet its so practical.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
i will agree wholeheartedly with the posters above. i owned a 997 C2 and i really don't miss it given how much fun i'm having with the RS4. would it be great to have both? absolutely. do i love the fact that the kids can easily hop in back, fit golf bags in the trunk, and have tons of power under foot? yes sir, and the milltek exhaust makes it that much better.

ps: Chris is right...it doesn't have the wow factor up until you meet someone who knows something about automobiles. at that point, there's no comparison and the RS4 takes the cake.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 PM
win
win is infamous around these parts
Don't you guys hate it when:
You pull the handbrake up and the armrest bolster gets nudged upwards and after you release the handbrake, you have to adjust the armrest back down again?

hehe that's been my only pet peeve since I got mine...it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
trade for my rs6 (shifty eyes)

Seriously, its a great car and I would go for the rs4 in a heardbeat...great car.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by win
Don't you guys hate it when:
You pull the handbrake up and the armrest bolster gets nudged upwards and after you release the handbrake, you have to adjust the armrest back down again?

hehe that's been my only pet peeve since I got mine...it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.
I hated the fact that my Carrera S had no auto-up for the passenger window a lot more than the armrest in the RS4. Come to mention it, I actually can use the armrest storage in the RS4 because it's not in the back seat like the 911....

In all seriousness, a Carrera S and an RS4 would be THE dream garage.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 PM
JonA4 is infamous around these parts
I have an A4, and the armrest thing pisses me off as well. I just leave it up now.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
996_sf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I hated the fact that my Carrera S had no auto-up for the passenger window a lot more than the armrest in the RS4.
That's weird that yours didn't have the auto up/down. Mine does. Did you ever try resetting it by lowering/raising the window 3x? That's what I do when I get my car back from the shop and the auto up/down doesn't work...

Anyway, I love my 997 but the RS4 is much friendlier as a daily driver. I also feel more comfortable driving it to places where I wouldn't with the 997 (ie mall parking lots, city, work, etc). For some reason, I'm less worried about dings and such when I park the RS4. With the Porsche, I'd always park in the farthest parking spot which would **** off my wife...

I feel the RS4 also has the performance to keep me grinning and I don't actually miss the Porsche while I'm driving it. It's very practical, yet a blast to drive.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
I owned both side by side, finished up keeping the 997S (X51) I felt the RS4 was heavy and soft (relative of course). The 997 is a more responsive and fun car, but if you need more room then the RS4 wins.

The transmission in the RS4 is also a little vague, and the Driver's compartment is a little cramped.

Summary:

Driving 997S

Cruising RS4

Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
lewayhun is infamous around these parts
Porsche beating performance w/ 4 doors.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
BigMac78 is infamous around these parts
I traded in my 911 Targa for a 06 S4. The S4 has power, gadgets and is comfy. Plus all that engine sounds great. I dont miss the 911...much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell 997 S for RS4?