Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Phantom Black RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
RS4 over the E46 M3 anyday.. It can do everything the E46 can do and has 4 doors!!

We have modded well over 2 dozen RS4's in our area...

Great car.... Puts a smile on my face everytime I drive one..

Here is one we did with Ohlins suspension.

Check out our project page for more examples

http://www.gmgracing.com/projects.shtml

Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 AM
alpina is infamous around these parts
thanks for all the feedback guys.

choice is down to phantom black or daytona grey. just worried about maintenance on black car.

biggest decision now is sedan or avant. car is for hubby and we have no kids so dont really need the practicality of the avant. having said this i love the look of the avant and it would be something different for us. wish we were in the US and didn't have a choice right now

big decision for us as we are both in the market for new cars and the brand he chooses will dictate the brand i choose ... so its looking like a choice between bmw and audi down to the wire again.

cheers,

julie

Old 08-06-2007, 04:26 AM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flash80
I'd wait to see the new M3 before making a final decision.
With black, just be prepared for major upkeep to make it look clean...I had a carbon black M3 that got dirty sooooo quickly. Silver is much easier to keep looking good. I do have a soft spot for black cars though. Good luck, sounds like you 2 will have a nice set of rides!
Agree 1000% After 3 black cars, I will likely never get another. A couple of days after washing it, it's all dusty and black shows everything. Dust looks terrible on it. Every swirl mark, every tiny scratch shows up. Someone once said black is not a colour, it's a hobby! Totally true.

Personally, I'd get a Sprint Blue RS 4. I had a similar Nogaro Blue S4 and the colour is amazing. IMO, the *** of the M3 is just butt (pardon the pun) ugly. They butchered it compared to the E46 M3. I'd never buy one. Too many other options these days.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
mbolo is infamous around these parts
Julie,

my black sedan looks great when it's clean and out in the sun. This being my first black car ever, and always gone with silver before, I'm pretty amazed by how quickly it goes dirty.

My best suggestion would be to clean it spotless, then run through two or three large mudholes for some aesthetically pleasing splashes on the side

In all honesty, I think Phantom black looks amazing and rarely regret choosing it, but if you're not keen on washing it once a week or can't stand it looking a little dirty, I'd go with grey..

Whatever colour you go for, you're going to love the car.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
get black with grey interior!!! looks so hot!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
lewayhun is infamous around these parts
Depends on where you are...black gets hot.