Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A new age of tuning and the B5 S4......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
A new age of tuning and the B5 S4......

Recently I dyno'ed my Autospeed Performance K04/Rs6 turbo'ed b5 s4 and put a decent amounto of power down at 364.3 whp. I thought to myself what can I do to make this car faster. I know I bought htis car with a conservative set up but I knwo the full potentia of this motor sits above the 410whp mark. I went on my search to find out what would be my best bang for my buck at this point. So I though of course tuning. I did my audiworld.com searches and decided to take a trip up to EPL. EPL is European Performance LAbs of Stratford, CT. A buddy of mine had his tune in the car and said I cant even describe it u must try it. At First when I got there I was a little skeptical seeing younger kids like me working on cars but, the more I got to talk to them, the more I knew I was in the best of hands.

Tony Chick the owner and founder of EPL is a genius! Who figured! For being in his mid-20's I was outstanded by the quality of work he was doing. With in 2 hours of Dyno work and Base map corrections I was pushing over 400whp. I went with the custom tune package which gave me the ability to bring my car back for corrections till we got it perfect. Let me tell you when it comes to aggressiveness and driveability, Tony is Second to none. Personally I use Garrett Lim's GIAC software in most of my German Machines but Tony has opened my eyes to the custom tune. The car is tuned to exactly the mods on it. This way you are gettign every bit of power, in the safest possible means. Thank you tony (nerdhotrod) and EPL for making my car an absolute beast. PS I have put over 11,000 miles on his tune in the last 3 monthes which gave me time to really work the partial throttle and WOT in all the elements. In everyway possible the driveability is far superior to stock. Well done bro! thanks for making my Daily Driver the most enjoyable it can be. And for other Audi, Porsche, VW owners out there especially in the tri-state area. Give EPL a shot I gaurantee you wont be disappointed.

The car is now officially an EPL stage 3+ and my Black S4 is soon to follow.

mY final dyno was 410whp and 465wtq not to shabby for pump gas huh!

Suman

Last edited by Highhats; 08-18-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like a fast car man, get it to the track so we can see what it traps

Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
Wow... I never knew my car was almost a twin Of course you are making some serious power in yours!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM
AlG_not_Algae is infamous around these parts
Nice looking car...e-codes would really complete the look.

As far as your other comment, glad to hear you're pleased w/ the outcome of the tuning. Are your hybrids modded?

I've heard nothing but good things about EPL from the people that have dealt w/ them. Personally, I've never had any luck speaking to them about my car. I realize having to tune for 91 octane in Cali is an issue...maybe that's why most tuners stay away from Cali cars.

We are planning a dyno day out here in Oct. and I guess I'll know where my car ranks then.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Suman any chance you can hook me up with a ride in your s4? I live near Pemberwick, I am in the market for s4 and I want to see how fast your car is

Last edited by kaz555; 08-17-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Sick ride, thats some serious power to all fours!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
so I went out on the highways of mexico screwing around with an STI and my car hit 170 (the last line of the speedometer) buttery smooth. THe Sti must have been completely baffled once he saw the tremendous power flying by him and pulling at all times. Man this car feels good. Wish I had a camera so I could have recorded the kill.

Suman

Old 08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Suman, that's a total monster! besides the custom programming, what other mods have been done to your, if i may ask?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:10 PM
ASP stage 3 fueling kit
rs4 airbox
AWE downpipes (flush v banded dual 2.5 to 3inch 666fabrications)
Milltek 3nch non-resonated exhaust
JHM short shifter (amazing!)
recaro topline seats
Avic D3
Stasis motor mounts
RS4 tranny mounts
couple little other extras I probably forgot!

All came with the car when I bought it except the awe downpipes. k04/rs6's from majestic turbos in TX I was told.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Suman you should add the RNS navi, transforms the interior.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Kaz my avic D3 looks redic bro like factory check out the new metra kits. 99-9105

S

Old 08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Jay::01-S4 is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Glad Tony hooked you up. Good shop over there!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is infamous around these parts
very nice that sounds awesome gotta go track it now

Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice! Tony is a good guy... I threw down 434WHP on his dyno last year in my STG3+ S4... I'm hoping to do quite a bit more now since I upgraded from RS4 injectors to Siemens and also from Stock 73mm MAF to Buehn 85mm. Also got a custom tune from KMD which should help...