Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S4 vs 335 for distance commuter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by APCayman
C'mon, no one said it was absolute crap. I don't dislike Audi but I agree with C4. I looked intently at the S4 twice and both times paid more money (quite a bit) to get a C55 first and then an M3. It isn't that fast, it feels very weighty. It floats on the suspension, has marginal feedback and nose dives like a pig to slop on the binders.

The M3 has its own quirks but at least you feel like you are driving a sporting car.
My S4 handles just as well as my old E46 M3, and looks just as good outside and way better inside than the E90/E92, or the E46 for that matter. That is, of course, my opinion.

-m

Old 08-27-2007, 02:59 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
That is a gorgeous S4. The RS 4 wheels look great on it.

While we're talking about the M3, the new V8 one looks like ****. Back on topic, both are great cars. 335 is easier to mod, is cheaper and gets better gas mileage. That would be my pick. If price is not an issue, I'd go for the RS 4.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
sevencycle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
what do you consider mildly modded? i can tell you my m3 with full exhaust from the headers back, pulleys, intake, custom software, and 4.10 gears would prob easily pull an rs4...i just cant find anyone who's willing to line up with me from like a 30 mph and 50 mph roll. my m3 has even more than i listed and no one would consider it only mildly modded.
I I would say your list is mildly modded. I am at altitude (7000+ ft) and ran a 13.43 @101. Why dont you go to the strip and get a time. My mild mods are intake, exhaust chip and good gas. I pulled a RS4 as here a turbo is a bid advantage but easily pull a RS4 you sound too sure as there are Honda civics that can smoke both of us. Go get a 1/4 mile time.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I forgot this was the audi forum.....

They are both nice cars but I like the BMW experience. I am not agreeing with C4 cause he is right but my personal experience and opinion is pretty much identical to his.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
You are comparing stock to modified, which is simply pointless. It's also pointless to use anecdotal evidence like someone says they think your M3 sounds like a Ferrari - no one cares about how your M3 sounds because we aren't talking about sound clips of modified M3s in this thread. Some people like raspy high-strung engine sounds, other people like the low octave muscle car sounds of a V8. Completely subjective.

Your 2nd paragraph is much more reasonable than your first post - where you stated the S4 was junk and this and that. If the S4 doesn't do anything for you, that's fine, obviously we all have our opinions. I could post what I thought about my M3 (which is not very favorable) but that's not the point of this thread.

And one final note - you keep comparing the B7 S4 to your modified E46 M3, this post was about a B7 S4 vs a E90/E92 335i.

-m
we all go off topic sometime or antoher.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
You are comparing stock to modified, which is simply pointless. It's also pointless to use anecdotal evidence like someone says they think your M3 sounds like a Ferrari - no one cares about how your M3 sounds because we aren't talking about sound clips of modified M3s in this thread. Some people like raspy high-strung engine sounds, other people like the low octave muscle car sounds of a V8. Completely subjective.

Your 2nd paragraph is much more reasonable than your first post - where you stated the S4 was junk and this and that. If the S4 doesn't do anything for you, that's fine, obviously we all have our opinions. I could post what I thought about my M3 (which is not very favorable) but that's not the point of this thread.

And one final note - you keep comparing the B7 S4 to your modified E46 M3, this post was about a B7 S4 vs a E90/E92 335i.

-m
we all go off topic sometime or antoher.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by sevencycle
I I would say your list is mildly modded. I am at altitude (7000+ ft) and ran a 13.43 @101. Why dont you go to the strip and get a time. My mild mods are intake, exhaust chip and good gas. I pulled a RS4 as here a turbo is a bid advantage but easily pull a RS4 you sound too sure as there are Honda civics that can smoke both of us. Go get a 1/4 mile time.
well my full list of mods are

supersprint V2 headers
SS race cats
SS non res x pipe
SS race exhaust
lightweight pulleys
custom software
4.10 gears
h&r springs
koni adj. shocks
b&m ssk
k40 calibre w/laser diffusor
gruppe m intake
bbm lm's
and then a few other minor cosmetic things

i will get a time soon enough...prob within the next month or so...ill post up a time slip after i go

Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
well my full list of mods are

supersprint V2 headers
SS race cats
SS non res x pipe
SS race exhaust
lightweight pulleys
custom software
4.10 gears
h&r springs
koni adj. shocks
b&m ssk
k40 calibre w/laser diffusor
gruppe m intake
bbm lm's
and then a few other minor cosmetic things

i will get a time soon enough...prob within the next month or so...ill post up a time slip after i go
Aside form cams and FI there isn't much left to do here. That is more than lightly modded in the M3 world.

What cracks me up is even in an Audi forum about the S4 teh M3 still gets all the attention.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
FateZero is infamous around these parts
That's because M3 owners can't stand it if they don't always get the attention

Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
If that is not the truth!!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Aside form cams and FI there isn't much left to do here. That is more than lightly modded in the M3 world.

What cracks me up is even in an Audi forum about the S4 teh M3 still gets all the attention.
yea...other than throttle bodies and cams i cant do anything else besides FI...most people consider my car heavily moddified

Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 PM

What Cracks me up at all the Porsche peeps on Audi forum. I guess you can only listen to Biff and Chaz so long

Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
yea...other than throttle bodies and cams i cant do anything else besides FI...most people consider my car heavily moddified
SC/Turbo if you want to go fast. I dont consider heavily modded until its forced induction.Maybe its the altitude.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by sevencycle
SC/Turbo if you want to go fast. I dont consider heavily modded until its forced induction.Maybe its the altitude.
thats cool...some people mod much more than this...but there is about 25K into the car...martin (illm3) was one of the 1st guys to FI an m3 and after hearing from him about it, i dont think id ever do it...right now i can easily chirp 1-2 gear, 2nd-3rd gear...its got plenty of power and is about 100 lbs lighter than a stock m3...my guess is its prob a 12.6-12.8@110-112 mph car, just my guess until i get down the strip to confirm. its fast enough for me at this point so im just trying to tie up the little loose ends like angel eyes, xenon matching fogs, tint and other simple, small cosmetic stuff that hasnt been done yet...but as far as performance aftermarket stuff, im almost positive i wont be doing anything more...except maybe cross drilled rotors. the car is still a baby...an 04 with 22K miles.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
thats cool...some people mod much more than this...but there is about 25K into the car...martin (illm3) was one of the 1st guys to FI an m3 and after hearing from him about it, i dont think id ever do it...right now i can easily chirp 1-2 gear, 2nd-3rd gear...its got plenty of power and is about 100 lbs lighter than a stock m3...my guess is its prob a 12.6-12.8@110-112 mph car, just my guess until i get down the strip to confirm. its fast enough for me at this point so im just trying to tie up the little loose ends like angel eyes, xenon matching fogs, tint and other simple, small cosmetic stuff that hasnt been done yet...but as far as performance aftermarket stuff, im almost positive i wont be doing anything more...except maybe cross drilled rotors. the car is still a baby...an 04 with 22K miles.
"car is still my baby" I love to hear the passion of a car owner no matter what brand. Wonder if anyone has said that about a YUGO!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S4 vs 335 for distance commuter