Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S4 vs 335 for distance commuter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sevencycle
"car is still my baby" I love to hear the passion of a car owner no matter what brand. Wonder if anyone has said that about a YUGO!!!
yea...its funny bc stock m3s never really impressed me very much...i would take a stock c4 cab back over a stock m3 anyday...it just felt much better compare stock to stock (even though i eventually modded the c4 a tiny bit)...while i think porsche makes an almost infinitely better car my m3 is def very fun now that ive gotten almost all the mods done. and ive been really driving the hell out of it with pearlcoupeg35 once or twice a month where i realized what the car was really capable of...and while i still find porsches to be better...for the money, and short of a porsche, ferrari, or lambo, i dont think you get any better, at least not in my experiences.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM
sevencycle is infamous around these parts
400+ Hp ?

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
thats cool...some people mod much more than this...but there is about 25K into the car...martin (illm3) was one of the 1st guys to FI an m3 and after hearing from him about it, i dont think id ever do it...right now i can easily chirp 1-2 gear, 2nd-3rd gear...its got plenty of power and is about 100 lbs lighter than a stock m3...my guess is its prob a 12.6-12.8@110-112 mph car, just my guess until i get down the strip to confirm. its fast enough for me at this point so im just trying to tie up the little loose ends like angel eyes, xenon matching fogs, tint and other simple, small cosmetic stuff that hasnt been done yet...but as far as performance aftermarket stuff, im almost positive i wont be doing anything more...except maybe cross drilled rotors. the car is still a baby...an 04 with 22K miles.
12.6 sec. 1/4 mile could be optimistic as you will need well over 400HP for that feat.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
12.6 sec. 1/4 mile could be optimistic as you will need well over 400HP for that feat.
or just a hell of a good launch with low tire pressure...think about this...the record for an m3 is 12.3@111 mph with only drag radials, 4.10s, short shifter and exhaust (no headers, cats, or midpipe). i def think i could pull 12.6-12.8

Old 08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
FateZero is infamous around these parts
I remember seeing at Carlsbad Raceway near San Diego M3's always talk like they are going to run 12's...and they end up running 13.9's.

I have yet to see an M3 run in the 12's

Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
or just a hell of a good launch with low tire pressure...think about this...the record for an m3 is 12.3@111 mph with only drag radials, 4.10s, short shifter and exhaust (no headers, cats, or midpipe). i def think i could pull 12.6-12.8
usually a record run is done by a guy that lives at the track and makes 100's of passes and sets his car up for drag only. add at least a 1 second and I am being very generous. I bet your car weihgs 4000 lbs.wet. Your record guy prob had striped interior ect...

Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
usually a record run is done by a guy that lives at the track and makes 100's of passes and sets his car up for drag only. add at least a 1 second and I am being very generous. I bet your car weihgs 4000 lbs.wet. Your record guy prob had striped interior ect...
a couple things...here on the east coast we have two of the best and fastest track in the country...atco and englishtown...second, my car with me in it is 3450 and then when u go to the track only keep 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas.

the guy who ran the 12.3 had a completely NON gutted car.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:18 AM
a couple things...here on the east coast we have two of the best and fastest track in the country...atco and englishtown...second, my car with me in it is 3450 and then when u go to the track only keep 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas.

I got a dollar that sez you dont run under a 13.59. a fast track might give you a tenth. your car is not fast enough where track is a factor.if your not a every week type drag racer your car will be 1/2+ sec slower than its potential.there is a lot to learn about 1/4 mile and your car you dont get from street races.I have raced both tracks (turbo drag bikes) and I prefer Atco N.J.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:51 AM

2004 M3 stock 3800lbs. where did you save 500 plus pounds.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:24 PM
what?!? the vert m3 weighs 3800. the coupe stock weighs 3415...my exhaust muffler alone saves 30 lbs

Old 09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
what?!? the vert m3 weighs 3800. the coupe stock weighs 3415...my exhaust muffler alone saves 30 lbs
I got BMW specs from http://www.internetautoguide.com/car.../m3/index.html

Old 09-02-2007, 03:16 PM
yea, thats the curb weight of the m3 convertible...the coupe is 3415 stock

http://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/..._02_bmw_m3.pdf

Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FateZero
I remember seeing at Carlsbad Raceway near San Diego M3's always talk like they are going to run 12's...and they end up running 13.9's.

I have yet to see an M3 run in the 12's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be_-ePfpH_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84in-OgZpqY

M3 coupe don't weight that much. You guys should do some research about cars before start bashing.

Here's something funny. A video of quarttro vs Xdrive.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

BTW, to the original poster, I don't hate or love either cars (S4 or 335xi). Even though I have had two M3s, I'm quite open and ready to try other new cars. And, if I truely have to admit, I'm quite impress with the 335 range after seeing this review, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHj0zbhjLZI Might even thinking of replacing my E46 M3 with 335 later down the year becasue saving $5000 is quite a lot of money for not going for Audi, IMHO. Not to mention you get better driving experience out of bimmer. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by datax; 09-05-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok, that video has been out forever and everyone knows that was a rigged test. A quattro would NEVER do that, and there have been sooo many posts about that stupid video. So funny that BMW guys all use that same video to try and say that the X-drive is superior to the Quattro.... get another video.

If you want to see a TRUE test in REAL world conditions, then please view the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyKstZ6a5ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPTPD-xUOww
(this one is a great video. Would love to see some X-Drive do this...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4XcmMqin0
(and if this video doesn't make you want to buy an Audi, then nothing will)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Umm, those 2 vid's you are showing of the M3 running 12's I can guarantee has a VF Engineering Supercharger.

The YouTube vid says it is a stock M3, but there is NO Way in hell that a stock M3 sounds like that and pulls a 1.7 60ft. on stock tires.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
I would pick the S4. The 335 is a bit rawer but the S4 is more comfortable and a better place to be in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S4 vs 335 for distance commuter