Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S4 vs 335 for distance commuter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FateZero
Umm, those 2 vid's you are showing of the M3 running 12's I can guarantee has a VF Engineering Supercharger.

The YouTube vid says it is a stock M3, but there is NO Way in hell that a stock M3 sounds like that and pulls a 1.7 60ft. on stock tires.
Can you guarentee that you are dead wrong?? Video has been out FOREVER as you said, meanwhile VF just released their kit LOL....

Look up Lee Matthews, gain some knowledge, enjoy!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Those Audi's in the snow are retarded. When are you ever going to have to drive up an F'n ski jump?

Who drives an S4 offroad up a hill in the snow?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
FateZero is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Can you guarentee that you are dead wrong?? Video has been out FOREVER as you said, meanwhile VF just released their kit LOL....

Look up Lee Matthews, gain some knowledge, enjoy!
Funny, I was at VF 6 months ago and they had 8 M3's with their SC kits on cars. Their kit has been on multiple M3's for the past 2 years, not to mention their have been "other" kits out there. That car in the video is very fast, but it's not even CLOSE to being stock. Logical assumption is he has a SC with slicks. Right??? or a fully built motor?

It just honestly gets annoying when M3 guys go to every single board they can find and try and talk trash and post bull $hit numbers and figures about their cars. It is honestly the only group of car owners that I have ever seen that will post on Ferrari, VW, Audi, Porsche, even Honda-Tech for crying out loud web boards and talk trash.

For example...this is an "Audi" section of the forum and there are more BMW guys posting on this post then anything else. The origional poster came to an "Audi" section to get "Audi" feedback I presume. If he wants feedback from BMW M3 owners , I am sure he would post in the BMW section.

If I am off-base here then let me know...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
that car was NOT SC'ed.

this was bone stock except for:

4.10 gears-thats why he ran a 1.7 60'
aFe intake
pulley
rogue flywheel
drag radials-also why he ran the 1.7 60'

and the time i have here is

12.32@111.23

heres the link too..contact lee if you need more info

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-5455.html

theres a time slip there too, just for extra proof.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I never said he didn't run the time...there is plenty of video to back that up. All I said is it isn't stock.

So if I am to understand this right...that this 3400lb 280-290whp car drops his time from at best MID 13's BONE STOCK to UNDER mid 12's with just an intake, gears and slicks??

Yeah, I am really supposed to believe that? Well I guess I have to tell my buddy that has a full Delage M3 with 4.10 gears and Stg 3 clutch that he must be the worst driver in the world to run High 12's.

Kind of funny that Euro Car tested the Delage Stage3 M3 that has 90+ Xtra HP , which according to Kinetechnik has...:
"Full Race setup (non street legal)
Carbon Fiber Race Airbox without MAF, race cams (308/300), 12.8:1 CR racing lightweight pistons, stand alone engine managment with MAF delete, would yield approx. 90-100 WHP with a full racing exhaust system on 100-113 AKI"
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=31559

...and it ran only 12.2 1/4 mile. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=252638

Some one should tell them that all they had to do was put an intake on and re-gear it with slicks and they could have almost matched that time

Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i used to commute 80+ miles a day in LA traffic. coming from both an M5 and an RS6, i found the audi to be much more comfortable for these trips. not exactly apples to apples for your comparison, but hopefully some additional insight.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I never said he didn't run the time...there is plenty of video to back that up. All I said is it isn't stock.

So if I am to understand this right...that this 3400lb 280-290whp car drops his time from at best MID 13's BONE STOCK to UNDER mid 12's with just an intake, gears and slicks??

Yeah, I am really supposed to believe that? Well I guess I have to tell my buddy that has a full Delage M3 with 4.10 gears and Stg 3 clutch that he must be the worst driver in the world to run High 12's.

Kind of funny that Euro Car tested the Delage Stage3 M3 that has 90+ Xtra HP , which according to Kinetechnik has...:
"Full Race setup (non street legal)
Carbon Fiber Race Airbox without MAF, race cams (308/300), 12.8:1 CR racing lightweight pistons, stand alone engine managment with MAF delete, would yield approx. 90-100 WHP with a full racing exhaust system on 100-113 AKI"
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=31559

...and it ran only 12.2 1/4 mile. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=252638

Some one should tell them that all they had to do was put an intake on and re-gear it with slicks and they could have almost matched that time
i never said it wasnt modded, just not SC'ed...that same guy holds the record for fastest bone bone stock m3 witha 12.7@109 mph. stock tires, stock everything.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
sevencycle is infamous around these parts
Fastest Stock Turbo K03's S4. No internal engine mods.No lightened interior.On street tires. http://www.audishifter.com/videos/Be...3_12.2_Web.wmv

Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
sevencycle is infamous around these parts
Oh yeh.... Over 130k miles on K03 turbo's and motor !!!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by sevencycle
Fastest Stock Turbo K03's S4. No internal engine mods.No lightened interior.On street tires. http://www.audishifter.com/videos/Be...3_12.2_Web.wmv
what DOES it have done?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
what DOES it have done?
Doesn't matter ...there is no M3 that runs High 12's bone stock. None. You can show ALL the M3 bull$hit vids you want, but that doesn't prove what they are running under the hood.

I have friends that have M3's, I have drag raced with a group of M3's and NONE have hit even close to 12's STOCK.

And I will RUN ANY stock M3 claiming they run 12's for whatever amount of $$ they want against my Stock 996TT and give them 2 cars. That should make it about equal then.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Funny, I was at VF 6 months ago and they had 8 M3's with their SC kits on cars. Their kit has been on multiple M3's for the past 2 years, not to mention their have been "other" kits out there. That car in the video is very fast, but it's not even CLOSE to being stock. Logical assumption is he has a SC with slicks. Right??? or a fully built motor?

It just honestly gets annoying when M3 guys go to every single board they can find and try and talk trash and post bull $hit numbers and figures about their cars. It is honestly the only group of car owners that I have ever seen that will post on Ferrari, VW, Audi, Porsche, even Honda-Tech for crying out loud web boards and talk trash.

For example...this is an "Audi" section of the forum and there are more BMW guys posting on this post then anything else. The origional poster came to an "Audi" section to get "Audi" feedback I presume. If he wants feedback from BMW M3 owners , I am sure he would post in the BMW section.

If I am off-base here then let me know...
No, what i find annoying/funny is you continue to argue your MOOT point with no first hand knowledge.. You seriously do not know what you are talking about, I gave you the name, now do some research!

He ran high 12's BONE STOCK before he ran the low 12's!

Last edited by iLLM3; 09-06-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
there have been a good amount of people to run 13 flat with bone stock m3, lee ran 12.7@108, its been documented.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
there have been a good amount of people to run 13 flat with bone stock m3, lee ran 12.7@108, its been documented.
Ok, this thread is just getting lame. You guys need to READ my post before you respond. I NEVER said he didn't run that time, all I said is he wasn't STOCK. How do you know he wasn't using A 50 OR 100 SHOT NOS??? You don't.

Think about it, BMW says the car does a 13.4

Edmunds.com says the car does a 13.7
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...6/pageId=63526

And Dragtimes.com lists "SUPERCHARGED M3's" running mid/low 12's and stock ones running as high as 14's. And in the middle of all these fully built M3 times is Lee's time of 12.326 @ 111.23mph. Hmm.... just doesn't make sense to me.
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--M3-Drag-Racing.html

So, you go believe all you want that some "magical" BONE STOCK M3 out there runs the same times as a Z06 (12.7). I just don't buy it.

Last edited by FateZero; 09-08-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok, this thread is just getting lame. You guys need to READ my post before you respond. I NEVER said he didn't run that time, all I said is he wasn't STOCK. How do you know he wasn't using A 50 OR 100 SHOT NOS??? You don't.

Think about it, BMW says the car does a 13.4

Edmunds.com says the car does a 13.7
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...6/pageId=63526

And Dragtimes.com lists "SUPERCHARGED M3's" running mid/low 12's and stock ones running as high as 14's. And in the middle of all these fully built M3 times is Lee's time of 12.326 @ 111.23mph. Hmm.... just doesn't make sense to me.
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--M3-Drag-Racing.html

So, you go believe all you want that some "magical" BONE STOCK M3 out there runs the same times as a Z06 (12.7). I just don't buy it.
what about all the people who ran 13.0 bone stock? do you not believe theyre stock either...we gave you the name...lee rutter...ask him and he will confirm the 12.7 was in fact stock...what purpose does it serve to lie about it? i wouldnt say it if it wasnt true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S4 vs 335 for distance commuter