Item Condition:

My 996 TT/GT2 track car is available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Gilhart Racing is infamous around these parts
My 996 TT/GT2 track car is available!

Hey Gang!

Because of limited time to track my TT/GT2, both past and future, I'm offering it for sale. This has to be the fastest and most reliable 996TT conversion around. Low miles/hours, 7,500 street miles then around 15-20 track hours. The only motor mods are bolt-on and extremely reliable. The car has only been owned/driven by me so I know it's history perfectly. All fluids on this car are changed religiously.

This is a great opportunity to buy a well-maintained and reliable track/race car. Many great suspension parts from the GT3R, sway bar's, turbo's and IC's from the GT2, CF hood, roof, dash from Kelly-Moss, Moton shocks, Eibach springs, etc.etc. The tranny shifts super-smooth w/ Mobil-1 fluids being used.

The car was built from my street 2002 996 TT by Dave Klym's FABCAR in Indianapolis. The cage is very well thought out and provides fantastic head clearance. I'm 6' 2' and believe a driver up to 6' 5 would fit well in this car. The car comes w/ the Recaro XL seat but would be glad to swap a new similar smaller seat in my possession. FIA belts are less than a year old.

For the serious buyer I'll be glad to provide more information as well as pictures of the build process. I'm very serious about delivering this car to a new owner and if you're interested don't let this opportunity pass you by.

My email address is rgilhart@cinci.rr.com and cell # is 513.225.6554

My car is/has been stored in my climate controlled garage each summer/winter and is well known in the PCA community.

Picture and Information link:
http://www.gilhartmotorsports.com/Rental%20racers.htm

Thanks,
Rick Gilhart

Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
rick, good luck on your sale. I just happened to ask about you on another thread since we haven't heard from you in awhile. what's next? curious did you do a 2wd conversion? also what type of rear wing? cup? post some pics of the rear if you can.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Oak,

All has been well the last few year's as I've been racing for a West Coast Mazda team, Team RDR/Mother's Polish. I've had so much fun racing the SCCA Nationals in T3 but needed to cut down on my travel and time away from the family for 2008.

I've used the TT/GT2 twice in the last 2 years as I took on a 930 Turbo project which took time away from running the TT. The TT/GT2 is now rwd w/ a motorsports diff. and performs fantastic. It's a shame for me to sell the car I put so much time, effort, and energy in but I won't have time to use it in 2008.

The rear wing is a Getty Design GT3R wing, w/ custom uprights. The wing is placed 1" below the roof line and inward from the rear bumper per World Challenge GT rules even though I decided not to race the car in that series (Too much car damage w/that group).

If you know anyone interested I'd be glad to send them more details on the TT/GT2, the new owner will really enjoy this car, fast and reliable!

Happy New Year!
Rick

PS. When I return home I'll take some pics for you.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:16 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with the sale Rick!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:44 AM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
What class does your car qualify for in the new PCA run groups? Nice job on the project!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Khalid,

Hope all has been well with you and congrats on that very cool GT3RS! Three of us in Cincy had deposits on a GT3RS at Northland Porsche but were passed by and the car was given to another, oh well!

Don't you need a race car to go with your RS?

DHinkle,

I believe it will still be classed in GT1 but have not read the new rules. The weight of the car is about 2,875 lbs with power around 500 HP or so. I say that because I've not dynoed the car but it has the Evolution Motorsports stage 4.

Let me know if you have additional interest and I'll be glad to talk with you.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
teckcar13 is infamous around these parts
Good luck on the sale..BUMP