Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Seeking RS America (RSA)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RonCT
Not exactly the best car to modify for track use Based on the 10 or so real candidates, the pricing is between $33k and $50k for anything between 25k miles and 60k miles, bone stock to fully track prepared. Still looking though because I haven't found the best balance of value... Non sunroof car with LSD and AC, moderate miles (30-50k), and ready for DE use. Keep up the great work looking for options!
That's not even a close choice for you. RPM only sells cars with 0 to no miles on them and they are looking for people that want them for collections. Ron knows what to look for and is doing the right thing. Fully prepped good cars are in the 60's though.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:14 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Tim,
I'd been toying with a GT3 for a while now and the way my 997S is set up it's just as quick as those cars. Maybe it's the driver, but in Black run group we're all pretty similar. But when I'm on the track with 6 and 7 GT3s and none of them pass me but I pass them (the 6 and 7 cups are quicker), then I have a feeling it's a combination (smart mods to my car and driver).

The 964 is a great platform and I'll assume for the moment the car with the same pro driver would be about the same in lap times. If that is the case, then it's a matter of style and feel. The 997 is a great car, but very heavy and "soft" in feel. The 964 is much lighter and more raw and requires much more skill to get to those equivalent lap times.

So, I think I'm ready for a dedicated DE machine that's not a new car and has fewer luxury features and aides like PSM. Something with a different kind of "cool" factor (so many PCA guys check out my car at events and the track and say things like "wow, that's the new 997S - what a nice car, brings us back to the 993 days, etc..."). Instead, I might hear "Hey, nicely done 964 you have there, tell me about it..."

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Ron,

With your driving skill, I thought you were going to get a 996GT3 or 997GT3. I understand the raw feeling and collectability of an RSA, but it will be slower than your current 997S. Right?