Location (State):

Item Condition:

'02 Midnight Blue / Cinnamon Brown 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:38 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
'02 Midnight Blue / Cinnamon Brown 996tt

The car is stock except for a short shift kit and clear side markers. I bought it from the original owner with 14.2k miles, I installed a UMW stage 2 kit at 16k miles, and then pulled the kit off at 19k miles. The car has never been open tracked, but I did take it to the drag strip once. I experienced a lot of wheel hop on the first trip down the strip, so I cut the day short. The odo reads 19.5k today.

I've posted a pic of the window sticker so you can see exactly what options are on the car. The Pirellis have about 1/2 of the original tread, and the brake pads have plenty of meat left. I didn't see them new, so I'm not sure what percent of the original thickness is left. I put in Castrol SFR fluid last summer thinking I would track the car. I changed the oil as soon as I got the car, then changed it once mid summer, and will change it again before selling, so figure no more than 3k miles per change. I've been using the recommended Mobil 1 0W40 and factory filters.

The Midnight Blue / Cinnamon Brown color combination is quite rare - I've never seen another one like it. Both colors are extra cost options. The interior color reminds me of the Ferraris I looked at before settling on the Pcar. No way I was going to get an Fcar without tan leather! It's not a high tech look, instead I think it's very elegant. And the leather still smells new. I'll miss that smell! Just about every interior surface is covered with leather except for the headliner and carpet. Because it is a rare combo, and the car is in excellent condition, I'm asking $68k. PM if interested.

Enough jabber, here are some pics. The first two, taken by the original owner, show the car in stock condition, the second two show it with the now-sold HREs, Bilsteins, and UMW exhaust. It will be sold with stock wheel, suspension, and exhaust. The clear side markers are still there. The last two are a scan of the window sticker.

Thanks for looking!

Jeff

Last edited by MidnighTT; 02-04-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
hbrochs is infamous around these parts
Blue/brown

Those are great colors, Jeff. This is my first post on 6speed, so I'm not sure how to pm. Could you e-mail me to talk about your car? Thanks, Howard
hbrochs@aol.com

Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
saintv90 is infamous around these parts
Godamn thats a hot color combo! Good luck on the sale!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by hbrochs
Those are great colors, Jeff. This is my first post on 6speed, so I'm not sure how to pm. Could you e-mail me to talk about your car? Thanks, Howard
hbrochs@aol.com
hbrochs, email sent.
saint, thanks!

Jeff

Old 02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
CHT
CHT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hbrochs
hbrochs@aol.com
Hey How. How are you? Are you in the market for a TT. I've been kickin around this forum and others for awhile.

Craig T (B-deis)

Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
hbrochs is infamous around these parts
Hey Craig

Hey Craig,

Long time, hope all is well. I gave back my Z4 (which was a great ride), and am looking for a third car for the weekends . Have not been riding my bike much, probably has a rusty chain by now...

-How

Old 02-06-2008, 06:19 PM
jcr847 is infamous around these parts
beautiful color combo How long did you own it that you only put 5k on the clock? Sounds like you didn't drive her enough

Anyways, best of luck with the sale

Old 02-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by jcr847
beautiful color combo How long did you own it that you only put 5k on the clock? Sounds like you didn't drive her enough

Anyways, best of luck with the sale
Thanks, I've had it just under a year and drove it regularly, but never on any lengthy trips.

Jeff

Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Trent is infamous around these parts
Beautiful color combo! If business was better right now, I'd probably be calling you about the car.. Good luck on the sale.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:12 AM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
Why did you remove the UMW programming? Great color combo.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
wow...that is stunning! I wish i was ready to buy and you were closer. If this is by any slim chance available in June or july, I might be hitting you up!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by LT1
Why did you remove the UMW programming? Great color combo.
I uninstalled almost all the mods because the sad truth is that they are worth more off the car than on it. The mods sold for a total of about $14k.

I took more pics at a local park today. While I was shooting, a guy drove up and asked about the car. He relayed the info to whoever he was chatting with on his cell. When the call was done he turned to me and said, "That car is HOT!"

Jeff

Old 02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
alam is infamous around these parts
Color Combo

Gorgeous color combination. Good luck with the sale

Old 02-10-2008, 09:54 PM
HobbsE46 is infamous around these parts
amazing car

Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I've gotten so many compliments on the car that I'm starting to think I should keep it.

But no, the judge's decision is final. Somebody else will have the chance to enjoy this beautiful Porsche.

Jeff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '02 Midnight Blue / Cinnamon Brown 996tt