Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1984 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
monster has a spectacular aura aboutmonster has a spectacular aura aboutmonster has a spectacular aura about
1984 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

SOLD

A twenty-something year old Italian is a bit out of place here in the midst of brand new Porsches, but maybe someone will want it.

It's in pretty good shape. I'm the third or fourth owner - it's been sitting in my parents garage for the past four years and I recently had it shipped to me so I could play with it, but I've decided I could do other things with the money. Plus I don't have a garage so I feel bad letting it sit out - only been about a month or so, it's still in good shape. Another week and I'll put a cover on it.

There are 50,000 original miles. The only thing that might not be original is the paint, as I believe the first owner had it painted within the last decade. The only telltale sign is that the paint looks really good and hasn't faded.

Unfortunately, I don't have the maintenance records. My parents never kept them and we didn't get them from the previous owner, but I can tell you that he had the car for quite some time and was an mechanic. He kept good care of the car and it was babied in has garage. Truth be told, I'm probably the least conscientious owner yet.

I had an AM/FM/CD radio installed a few years ago. It looks nice, not out of place ... I think it's a Pioneer but I'd have to check.

The seats are wearing a bit, the drivers side needs to be restitched but it's not too terrible, plus it's an easy fix. I haven't had time to do it. The passenger seat looks great. The shift **** has faded quite a bit, unfortunately, but still works fine.

Mechanically, the engine is completely sound. It's been checked out frequently and everything is up to date. It drives very nicely too. Very cold A/C, defrost and everything works great, the top is in perfect condition too.

I'm located in Gainesville, Florida - at least for now. I'm hoping to get rid of this vehicle in the next few months since I'm moving, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. Nonetheless, I'll consider any and all offers.

Asking $8,000.

Last edited by monster; 04-13-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
TMH
TMH is infamous around these parts
there's still a market for these cars, good luck for what seems to be a nice example

Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
What color? Pics?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
monster has a spectacular aura aboutmonster has a spectacular aura aboutmonster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ashokn225
What color? Pics?
I'm guessing from this comment, the one picture I put up in the original post isn't showing up for you guys. Let me reupload, I guess I'll use imageshack!

It is red.

Here are the pictures I took today. I haven't cleaned the floor mats recently or filled up the airs with an appropriate amount of air! Sorry! Easy fixes, though.

I had forgotten to mention that the parking brake is pretty terrible and probably needs to be repaired, only if you enjoy parking on hills though. I've never had a problem with it but the guy whose truck it was shipped on recently from Texas to Florida wanted to put it on the bottom set so that it wouldn't be hauled at an angle.

Despite it's flaws, the car is in great shape and I get compliments every day. I've driven a number of nice cars (sans the exotics many of you own), but I've never had so many people come up to me and want to talk about a car before. I'm sad to let it go.

Edit: Wow, I didn't notice how overexposed that first picture was until I uploaded the newer ones. The differences between a sunny day in Florida and an overcast one make a big difference. Pretend the other pictures are just as vibrant!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I am willing to consider trades as well. I forgot to mention this and I really hadn't thought of it until just now. If you want to throw in an F430 or Carrera GT, I'd consider those too.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Trent is infamous around these parts
I used to have an 87 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio.. And you're right, I got more comments about that car than my P-car does. Quirky little car, but it definitely had character.

That paint job looks great, really hides the age of the car well!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Trent
I used to have an 87 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio.. And you're right, I got more comments about that car than my P-car does. Quirky little car, but it definitely had character.

That paint job looks great, really hides the age of the car well!
Thanks, yeah I think it makes it look great. I'm very sad to say this but ...

It is SOLD. Thanks for all the interest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.