Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS 2001 996 Turbo in Bay Area. Very nicely modded!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:30 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
FS 2001 996 Turbo in Bay Area. Very nicely modded!!

I bought this car from a fellow 6speeder just over a year ago. It's in perfect shape mechanically and I just completed a $1400 major service at Carlsen Porsche this month including new spark plugs, brake flush, oil/filter, full inspection, etc. Car is in excellent condition inside/out. It is arctic silver w/natural grey (very dark but not quite black) and currently has 41K miles. Factory options include: Navigation, heated seats, parking sensors, carbon steering wheel, dark wood shifter/handbrake, X51 tips, CD changer, etc.

Aftermarket mods include:
  • ImagineAuto Stage IV ~600hp
  • 91 octane pump gas program
  • K16/24 hybrid turbos
  • Bailey DVs
  • RUF PSS9
  • RUF rear sway bar
  • Cargraphic exhaust
  • 19" Kinesis K19 3pc Forged wheels
  • Sachs Stage2 sport clutch (brand new from Sharkwerks)
  • Reus Systems audio system (incredible sound; looks 100% stock)
Except for the clutch and stereo, most of the mods were installed by Carlsen Porsche where they have all maintenance records on file. Both the previous (Bay Area) owner and myself have had the car serviced at Carlsen.

I really don't want to sell it but need to scrape up some cash to help purchase another property. Not sure how much a car like this can fetch on the market these days so I'll start by asking $62K (price drop to $59K) or best offer. Please feel free to PM me your best offer as well as questions you may have. You can also e-mail me at johnclin@aol.com.

Attached Images      

Last edited by John in Norcal; 10-27-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
cybersam69 is infamous around these partscybersam69 is infamous around these parts
Looks fantastic. Wish you were closer to Boston!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Thank you, Samuel.

Guys, this car is in great shape. Make me an offer.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:28 AM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about
Can you contact me at Heeltoe914@aol.com I dont have 100 post so I can PM you here.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 AM
700hp996tt is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car John,

Hope all is well, i remember you almost traded me your land rover + $$ for my 911tt....good luck on your future edeavors.

Brandon

Old 10-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Heeltoe914, e-mail sent.

Brandon, thanks and hope all is well with you too.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:32 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Nice car. Fair price. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Price drop to $59K.

I honestly believe that this car is the perfect combination of power and driveability. It looks fairly stealth (no fancy body kit or wing) but will surprise people when challenged. For those into audio, the Reus system is out of this world and looks completely factory. The next owner will be extremely happy. This is a 'no story' car that just got serviced and needs nothing except maybe rear tires soon.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
cybersam69 is infamous around these partscybersam69 is infamous around these parts
Partial trade for 2003 M3 coupe?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Nice car! Great price.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Have more details, pics, price of the Reus audio stuff?

Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by flash68
Have more details, pics, price of the Reus audio stuff?
The prevous owner had the Reus system installed. I believe it costs around $10K. It has tweeters in the back of the rear view mirror, subwoofer enclosure behind the rear seats, custom enclosure with amps in the trunk, upgraded speakers in all the stock locations and maybe places where I cannot see/tell. The system uses the factory navigation/head unit to control the entire system including the factory CD changer. Like I said, it looks and operates completely like stock. I could take some photos to show you how stock it looks ...that is until you turn it on and hear the clarity of the sound. Unless you live in Socal, I believe Reus flies out their own staff to your location to install the system. I'm not a big stereo guy but this system is very impressive. Hopefully, the next owner will enjoy it more than I do.

Here's their Web site to give you an idea of their approach in desigining custom systems for specific vehicles: http://www.reusaudio.com/

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow, that sounds like it makes this an even better price!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i like the fact that it has the stock wing, gl with the sale.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
nice car and gl with the sale

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS 2001 996 Turbo in Bay Area. Very nicely modded!!