Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Fire Sale - Aston Martin, Ferrari, & Bentley (R8 coming soon)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 04:25 PM
SuperVixen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xoulu
wow good luck nice rides...

just curious what do you do for a living??
I've been with Tesla since summer, although I'm starting a new position in a week for a local company. Commuting (I live in SF, showroom is in Menlo Park) and the whole start-up lifestyle hasn't been the right fit for me. I'm a huge car enthusiast. As soon as I was old enough to buy my own toys I haven't been able to stop.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
earlymidlifecri is infamous around these parts
I think what Xoulu wants to know is what does your friend do that he has to unload four exotics simultaneously.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SuperVixen
He wants 135k for the R8. It has approximately 2,500 miles on it.
What was the MSRP on the R8?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !
i find it hard to believe that someone who owns those 4 super exotic vehicles is in a "crunch" to sell them off... And his prices are extremely out of range for todays economy. if he wants them gone, i would suggest relaying this message to him and ask him to just wander over to ebay and check going rates.

List them on any auto sale sites? Did he go to a dealer and see what they would offer? i can understand you listing this post for him, but he should really get on the site and take the effort to sell his problems...err, i mean cars...

good luck selling... all those cars are gorgeous! and i love how he has the same color combo goin on!!! im trying to do that now with my lil stable, its tough! LOL

P.S there is an 07 Vantage for sale at my local dealer, $78K but it does have 20K miles...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:08 AM
6speedkaz is infamous around these parts6speedkaz is infamous around these parts
interested in the R8... but not for that price

if hes willing to go down $15,000 i have cash in hand

Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
xoulu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by earlymidlifecri
I think what Xoulu wants to know is what does your friend do that he has to unload four exotics simultaneously.

yeah hehehe

whats his job? i need a job like that....

Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thebabydoc
What I meant is that these prices are far from "really cheap."
A quick browse on fleabay will confirm that.

I usually don't comment on pricing but have to agree in this case. If someone is going to use the term "fire sale" in their heading, better do the research and make sure the prices are really as advertised. These are certainly not a fire sale.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by earlymidlifecri
Nothing anymore. He's closing the doors to his business this week.

Originally Posted by djmrsulu
What was the MSRP on the R8?
I'm not sure, but it's a fully loaded car. I'll find out shortly.

Originally Posted by 1BADBURB
i find it hard to believe that someone who owns those 4 super exotic vehicles is in a "crunch" to sell them off... And his prices are extremely out of range for todays economy. if he wants them gone, i would suggest relaying this message to him and ask him to just wander over to ebay and check going rates.

List them on any auto sale sites? Did he go to a dealer and see what they would offer? i can understand you listing this post for him, but he should really get on the site and take the effort to sell his problems...err, i mean cars...

good luck selling... all those cars are gorgeous! and i love how he has the same color combo goin on!!! im trying to do that now with my lil stable, its tough! LOL

P.S there is an 07 Vantage for sale at my local dealer, $78K but it does have 20K miles...
He's tried Ebay unsuccessfully and some dealers have contacted him about consigning the cars, but he needs them gone ASAP. Dealers have nothing to loose by having your cars sitting on their showroom endlessly. You're still making the payments on the cars and the longer they're there the more desperate you may become to sell them and lower your price so the dealer can make a bigger profit.

Originally Posted by 6speedkaz
interested in the R8... but not for that price

if hes willing to go down $15,000 i have cash in hand
I'll let him know. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i think you have come to the right place to move the cars, but as others have said, in order to move them you have to go to the bid side of the market these days. the guys and gals here know all too well what the current market looks like for fantastic machines like these.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Here's a better pic of the R8 and some higher res of the Vantage.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful cars but sadly in this economy where everyone is liquidating and banks won't borrow as easily, you'll be hard pressed to sell FAST unless your price is cheaper than everyone else's.

People on this forum KNOW market value better than anyone I think....

Old 01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
Have to agree w/ others on here. Sad but true. Cash is king in this economy and it seems like noone has it. Id pick up either the Ferrari, R8 or Aston tomorrow from your friend for the right price. I can tell you the #'s Ive seen on this thread are not "the right price". Your friend should have paid cash for these cars when times were good and he acquired them. Now that he has received his personal "margin call", Im afraid the real world quick sale numbers are 70-80% of those you quoted earlier.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:55 PM
exoticschaser is infamous around these parts
Sent you a PM I am a buyer on the R8 and F430.

Let me know

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I let my friend now that it really is a buyer's market and if he wants to sell quick there are lower offers. If he lowers the prices I'll let you know. I've been out of the loop on pricing for some time now so I appreciate all the interest and feedback.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
PRICES HAVE BEEN LOWERED

Flying Spur - 90k
F430 Spider - 170k
Vantage - 90k

The R8 is still available at 135k

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fire Sale - Aston Martin, Ferrari, & Bentley (R8 coming soon)