Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 2008 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
The reserve was not met so after some thought I decided to lower it one last time - $45k takes it, along with all the extras, etc. If someone is considering a new one this should be a no-brainer!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Still somewhat surprised it has not sold yet - I put it on Autotrader and compared to comparable Boxster S models I am priced right...better price here though for 6speeders.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Price lowered one last time to $44k - should sell now.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
08 boxster

My guess is that it wont sell until you are right around $40k even. Sad, and I hope Im wrong for you. The higher end used cars are in the toilet right now.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
$40k???? No way, dealers are selling comparables for much more, and mine has extras, more warranty, etc. I'll keep it as a daily driver before selling it for that!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 AM
wilbur760 is infamous around these parts
The other bummer is most dealers are willing to do 20% off MSRP for remaining 08's as I have found in shopping for a cayman

Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Mine is about 30% off - I guess it depends if 3k miles are worth it, along with an extra year of Porsche bumper-to-bumper warranty...if I were looking at a new one mine should be well worth considering IMO. And I don't charge a dealer fee, and other BS charges - sales tax is also less.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 04-03-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
Reality

Coulda shoulda woulda. Believe me I feel your pain. I have 2 cars that cost me 5x more than your Boxster. The reality is that you would be lucky if a dealer would give ya $35k for the car in todays economy. They know they would be sitting on it for awhile and would have to factor in all their costs. You may be able to find the niche buyer who is looking for that specific car and get a bit more, but hard to say. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay and there are few willing to pay much for anything nowadays.

But who knows, hope you get lucky and get what you want. You never know.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
willow1308 is infamous around these parts
Nice looking Boxster...should sell...right color with low miles..good luck!!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the input silversrt, and I am very proud of you to have 2 cars that cost me 5x more than my Boxster - I am selling it since I am building an oceanview home but I bet you have an oceanfront home so let's leave it at that and let potential buyers and lookers read about the car.

And thanks willow1308...that is the kind of post I like to read.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Jacques79 is infamous around these parts
Damn at 44K I would be all over it if I lived in the USA.

Sadly I just bought a 2006 Boxster S for almost the same price up here in Canada where prices are way more expensive than what you guys pay...

Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I think $44k is a good price and I re-listed it on ebay, with a starting bid of $43k with no reserve.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversrt
My guess is that it wont sell until you are right around $40k even. Sad, and I hope Im wrong for you. The higher end used cars are in the toilet right now.
Strike 1

Originally Posted by silversrt
Coulda shoulda woulda. Believe me I feel your pain. I have 2 cars that cost me 5x more than your Boxster. The reality is that you would be lucky if a dealer would give ya $35k for the car in todays economy. They know they would be sitting on it for awhile and would have to factor in all their costs. You may be able to find the niche buyer who is looking for that specific car and get a bit more, but hard to say. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay and there are few willing to pay much for anything nowadays.

But who knows, hope you get lucky and get what you want. You never know.
Strike 2

Why don't you re-read the Forum rules re interfering with a F/S thread & keep your 'opinions' to yourself.

Bob - she's a beauty - don't give it away.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
You should take some higher quality pictures for that ebay ad

Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Yeah, higher res pics would be nice but I have a ton of them that I can send to anyone who asks, as I posted in the ad. And a few people have inquired thus far so we'll see what happens. Man, I wish the pre-owned ones were this cheap before I ordered it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 Boxster S