Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Real Clean 1969 BMW 2002 automatic for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
Real Clean 1969 BMW 2002 automatic SOLD

http://bringatrailer.com/2009/03/01/...002/#more-1584

Just recently purchased an orange Alfa Guilia ti and my 1969 2002 automatic in Colorado (original color) will be for sale.
Car is very solid .Car is like a time capsule it looks and feels just like NEW. This is one of best 69 2002automatic you will ever see guaranteed. Car was originally purchased from BMW of Beverly Hills and always stayed here in California.

Replaced head gasket with top quality competition head gasket
Cooling sys totally re-placed
re-cored radiator-water runs @180-190 degrees @ freeway speeds even in the desert when it's over 100!
replaced water pump
replaced thermostat
replaced alternator
rebuilt starter and solenoid
replaced battery
cleaned block and oil pan to bare metal and repainted it
installed new freeze plugs in block
installed NEW timing chains (both)
cleaned and trued all mating surfaces, oil pan, head to block, valve cover, front timing cover, etc
new German gaskets for every component-NO LEAKS!
re-cored radiator-water runs @180-190 degrees @ freeway speeds even in the desert when it's over 100!
removed trans cleaned, brought up to factory specs, fabricated small part no longer available for input shaft.
replaced guibo, and all drive shaft bearings front to back
rebuilt passenger side drive shaft and installed new rubber boots
Complete new exhaust and stainless steel polished tip
Here's the other things done to the car,
Painted original color-Colorado-not concours show job, or bare metal but a nice street driver paint job. Car is straight, gaps good no dents-$3700 for paint
Left original paint where possible, engine bay, trunk, etc.
Had passenger side mirror hole filled-car came with only drivers side mirror.
Removed side reflectors front and real and had holes filled. Euro cars didn't have these, makes car look cleaner, I still have parts and car is wired for them-and these parts come with the car.
New Bilstein Sport shocks and springs (lowers car .5 inch-doesn't look modified, just better than stock ride height)
Front and rear sway bars from Sway Away-parts alone over $500-came bright green, I had them repainted original black so they don't stand out
New brakes-100% new, calipers, drums, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, brake lines, hoses, all German top quality NEW.
Transmission perfect-chirps tires between 1st and 2nd, VERY quick.
Cooling system overhauled, new or refurbished everything
Motor out, freshened up, has terrific compression, no leaks, runs strong. Weber single carb.
New drive shaft
New heater valve
Electric fuel pump installed in trunk near tank-totally sano pro installation.
New windshield rubber front and rear-done right!
New chrome windshield inserts front and rear
New sunroof seals-ALL 3, not just the easy one-sunroof works perfectly.
New door seal rubber both sides. The seal alone is $200 per side, shop cost, you know.
Doors close like new.
Everything else, steering, lights, flashers, turn signals, all gone through and work terrific.
5-Original wheels, 2 with '69 date, (2 have 71 I think) wheels were straighted, stripped and powdercoated original silver.
Original Stainless steel hubcaps in beautiful polished condition with original roundel in center with nice patina.
New tires- I got 185 series, the widest tire you can put on stock rims but got the softest, most high performance rubber made in the limited size of these old BMW wheels
15'' rare BBS euroweaves w/ Dunlop tires (new)
interior is just PERFECT and everything works =)
Upgarded to E21 rear view mirror (wider)
New black carpet
Original door panels are all like new (rare)
Newly custom recovered Recaro E21 sport seats
Newly custom recovered rear seats same as front
New Optilox round rear fog lamp
Euro Amber turn lights
Correct owners manual
All 5 original keys included
lots of records including an appraisal
Original number matching block will be included and more.
I will post updated pics soon

SOLD

Fog lamps are not included and italian turns has been changed to euro turn amber lights.

Custom Recaro E21 S pack seats

Custom rear seats

Last edited by atan888; 04-09-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Aww man that is beautiful. Got interior shots?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
That is very-very nicely done!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
kvsm3 is infamous around these parts
Absolutely gorgeous! Killer price too!! GLWS, should not have a problem selling it!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Krueger///M3 is infamous around these partsKrueger///M3 is infamous around these parts
Awesome car and price!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 PM
dobx is infamous around these parts
Very nice and classy!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
My neighbor has a green one, beat up. I keep asking him to sell it to me, but he won't budge. Ur car looks so nice.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
werc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of light
nice price, these are beautiful in person. my buddy has an identical one to yours. good luck!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
interior please

also these things reliable?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 AM
kris is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mickfluff
also these things reliable?
Yes, very reliable. I have taken mine on 500 mile drives with no issue. And given Atan's level of care, it should run for a very long time

Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
M3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura about
Would love to buy this! ... Super clean car ... If this is the same car I think it is I saw it at Bimmerfest last year and it was MINT

Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
133 is infamous around these parts
I love your collection, you have great taste... I almost bought a 76' this weekend but I ended up an e30... Good luck with the sale!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
Interior pics added

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Wow, that is perfect.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
IPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud of
great looking car...good luck with the sale, new owner will be very happy i am sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real Clean 1969 BMW 2002 automatic for sale