Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Fs: 2001 996tt evo gt750

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you were right about one thing Lizard

Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 PM
mod220 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mod220
what exactly goes into a $20,000 stereo? and do you have receipts to support these prices? thanks in advance, and best of luck with the sale
OP - i see instead of answering my original question you edited your post to now reflect a $10,000 stereo. As a prospective buyer, I'd like to know what goes into a $10,000 stereo, and if you have receipts for these items?

thank you.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
bluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to beholdbluetosman is a splendid one to behold
OP - i see instead of answering my original question you edited your post to now reflect a $10,000 stereo. As a prospective buyer, I'd like to know what goes into a $10,000 stereo, and if you have receipts for these items?

thank you.
sorry for miss post there, so you can see in the pictures, with all the custom installation, and fine tune(FYI the installer are very good not like regular installer it tooks 6 weeks , every speaker are dambed, and sub are custom molded and painted to match interior) .for the parts 2 Macintosh amps, 2 subs, Pioneer Avic Z1, with Ipod adapter, and all the speaker accept 2 rear are Focal JM Lab. do your research and you know how much i put into its.

thanks for looking

Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car and the mods are done right! If a buyer is looking for a built EVO car, then there's a price. My GT700 kit was $26K alone...I don't even want to think about how much a GT750 is!

As for the stereo questions, $10K is spent on audio very quickly...I have a $7K system in my car and all I have is an Alpine DVD/Navi, CD changer, custom sub in trunk, and speaker setup...nothing crazy at all.

Good luck with the sale!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by bluetosman
sorry for miss post there, so you can see in the pictures, with all the custom installation, and fine tune(FYI the installer are very good not like regular installer it tooks 6 weeks , every speaker are dambed, and sub are custom molded and painted to match interior) .for the parts 2 Macintosh amps, 2 subs, Pioneer Avic Z1, with Ipod adapter, and all the speaker accept 2 rear are Focal JM Lab. do your research and you know how much i put into its.

thanks for looking
so you missed my post, but changed the price of your stereo from $20,000 to $10,000? that's quite a coincidence...do you have receipts for the stereo?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
so you missed my post, but changed the price of your stereo from $20,000 to $10,000? that's quite a coincidence...do you have receipts for the stereo?
the seller stated "sorry for miss post there," ... did you ever consider that perhaps that meant, he miss posted something? as in, posted in error? he didn't say he missed YOUR post...perhaps you also did a miss post when you said you were asking because you are prospective buyer...clearly you are more interested in what makes up a $10K system.

I don't know the seller but maybe you take your questions to PM instead of clouding the FS ad. If he has Macintosh amps (which are considered a high end brand) then I don't see why a $10K system sounds shocking.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by s14roller
the seller stated "sorry for miss post there," ... did you ever consider that perhaps that meant, he miss posted something? as in, posted in error? he didn't say he missed YOUR post...perhaps you also did a miss post when you said you were asking because you are prospective buyer...clearly you are more interested in what makes up a $10K system.

I don't know the seller but maybe you take your questions to PM instead of clouding the FS ad. If he has Macintosh amps (which are considered a high end brand) then I don't see why a $10K system sounds shocking.
i'm interested in buying the car, and have a right to ask questions, here or in PM. part of buying a car is having trust and confidence in the seller. as we know carfax can only tell so much. so when i see a guy put he has a $20k stereo, then I ask and he changes the price but doesn't respond to me, that raises a red flag. and when i then ask again, and he still cant answer whether or not he has receipts, another flag goes up.

I've bought enough cars to know what to ask. All too often sellers calculate a $20,000 sterero by taking the full retail price when an item just came out, they then add the highest sales tax possible, take the maximum number of hours required for install, multiply that by the highest hourly rate possible,add it up and voila, there's your $20,000 stereo. but 9 times out of 10, thats not what they paid, not what its truly worth, nor do they have receipts/invoices to support that claim.

this seller may very well have spent $10k on their stereo, and its certainly top notch equipment. but when people change their listings without responding to questions, I get nervous. all seller has to say is "$20k was a typo," and either "yes i have receipts" or "no I dont have receipts."

as stated earlier, if somebody wants to sell without feedback, cars.com would be a great place to start.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Has the bottom end been built? I know most cars done by EVOMS that go over the GT700 package usually receive a bottom end build to accomadate for the extra power. How much mileage was on the car when the mods were done because the car does have relatively high mileage. But it's good to see the car was driven and not a garage queen. It's a great looking car with some really nice mods. Not a huge fan of the two tone interior, but I could easily live with it (really 3 tone if you count the Carbon Fiber, which I do love!). I'm not going to say anything one way or the other about whether I think it's priced too high or not because as the old saying goes...It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Good luck on the sale, someone will be getting a very nice car.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:06 PM
OP - is the car still available? I see you never answered the last few sets of questions, so not sure if you sold the car or not?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 AM
LaForce is a jewel in the roughLaForce is a jewel in the roughLaForce is a jewel in the roughLaForce is a jewel in the rough
I actually like the color combo going on inside. Best of luck with your sale!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
Is this car still available?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
coastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant future
I think the seller gave up posting any more after all the criticism of his asking price.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 AM
potseng is infamous around these parts
Okay.....so I've read through the FS rules, but I'm still confused about something. What if a perspective buyer has question about the price (ex. is this a good deal? is the car/mod worth the price?), where should he/she ask those questions? I guess it will not be a good idea to post in the seller's thread since any member who wants to help will violate the forum rule if the seller's price is not right. Should the perspective buyer starting a new thread to ask?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by potseng
Okay.....so I've read through the FS rules, but I'm still confused about something. What if a perspective buyer has question about the price (ex. is this a good deal? is the car/mod worth the price?), where should he/she ask those questions? I guess it will not be a good idea to post in the seller's thread since any member who wants to help will violate the forum rule if the seller's price is not right. Should the perspective buyer starting a new thread to ask?
It probably means you should time more time and research the type of cars you are interested in buying...typically, ones who ask "is this a good deal" don't have much of an idea what a car of that nature normally goes for. If you still need second opinions, maybe post a general question with example of mods...but I wouldn't post something specific to a seller's ad.

Hope this helps...and for what it's worth (no pun intended), how much a car is worth, is really dependent on the buyer...

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM
potseng is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the answer. I guess creating a new thread would be the best way to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fs: 2001 996tt evo gt750