Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 2007 Porsche 997 turbo, Atlas Grey, low miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
FS: 2007 Porsche 997 turbo, Atlas Grey, low miles

Please direct all inquiries regarding this ad to CuriousOne. Thank you.

2007 Porsche 997 turbo
FOR SALE -- $91,900
Loaded, 1-owner, clean title, no accidents & clean CarFax report

More pictures can be found here.

Summary Information

Detailed Description
Absolutely beautiful, heavily optioned and showroom-condition 2007 Porsche 6-speed 997 turbo for sale. I custom spec'd and purchased this turbo new in November 2006. This turbo had an MSRP of $153,000 and, including dealer options (nearly $5,000 and outlined below) and taxes, was over $170,000. Note that Porsche has increased the base price of the car by $7,000 from when I purchased it, and also now charges an additional $3,000 for the Atlas Grey paint (see below comments regarding unique aspects of paint). As a result, it would cost $180,000+ to replicate this vehicle today.

While it is hard not to be at least aware of the turbo’s legendary power and speed, it is an entirely different thing altogether to experience it for yourself. The power, though amazingly smooth, is truly staggering -- 500 lb-ft of torque has a magical way of making that happen. Accelerating from on-ramp entry speeds to way over legal levels seems to happen nearly instantly. It is what prompted one auto magazine to call Porsche’s latest turbo’s abilities more akin to teleportation than transportation. While ferociously fast if called upon, it is equally comfortable and capable of just cruising around town. Not that fuel efficiency is a primary consideration with a machine like this, it was nonetheless interesting to find that I achieved 26mpg+ on a couple of road trips. Truly a remarkable machine.

This turbo’s 10,177 miles were all pampered. The car has always been stored in a heated garage. It has never been modified, raced or used at a trackday event, in an accident or smoked in. This is my baby and I treated her accordingly, this car is in absolutely pristine condition -- to the point where admirers to this day congratulate me on the “new” turbo. While rarely parked in public arena unless under watchful eye, there were nonetheless bumper “taps” from those inconsiderate folks apparently lacking depth perception. While the resulting impressions on the bumpers were so slight as to be hard to spot, I could see them and they were galling blemishes on an otherwise flawless vehicle. In both instances, I had the paint work performed by a shop that is regarded as one of best in Illinois, if not the entire Midwest-region. While the paint work also necessitated removing the existing clear bras and installing all new clear bras, maintaining the car at showroom condition was from my perspective well worth the effort and expense. While perhaps more cosmetic in nature (again, the car has never been in an accident), full disclosure is warranted in a car of this caliber. (I have digital pictures of the bumper impressions, and would be more than happy to provide them to potential serious buyers.)

The car is painted in Porsche’s stunning Atlas Grey metallic. This beautiful paint (which Porsche has made about a $3,000 option since I purchased car) has an amazing ability to interact with changing light conditions, yielding a range of hues that can make the car appear anywhere from silver/grey to a deep navy blue to nearly ebony. While the pictures give you some sense of this color’s tremendous dynamic range, it is even more beautiful in person (all of the exterior photos were shot the in same location, with same camera/lens and within an hour or so of one another).

This turbo has an extensive list of options, with many Porsche exclusive options, including Porsche’s ceramic brakes (“PCCB”), limited slip rear differential lock, sports chrono package, extensive carbon graphite, natural grey leather interior, exclusive arctic silver stitching, heated adaptive sports seats, among many others. The dealer installed options include a professionally integrated hands-free Bluetooth cell-phone system and also Passport’s highly regarded SRX radar system with hidden front and rear detectors (and including laser jamming capability). The complete list of the options are detailed below (and I have included a scanned image of the window sticker in the image gallery).

In addition, the car has a further $5,000 of functional and cosmetic enhancements. The functional upgrades include Porsche’s European style driver and passenger side mirrors (the driver side mirror is aspherical, which provides better side and rear visibility than stock mirror) and enhanced clear coat protection (by Ventureshield, which was reputedly better than 3M’s then clear bra product and was subsequently acquired by 3M). The cosmetic enhancements include Techart pedals, silver hood badge, and PCM and steering wheel professionally custom painted in satin black (a tremendous improvement over drab stock silver-grayish color) and Fabspeed exhaust tips. (Note that the exhaust system is completely stock, I only changed tips. I am including original stock tips and pedals, and they can be easily changed back if you wish.)

The wheels are the original 19” wheels and are, as you can see from the pictures, absolutely flawless. With regard to tires, Porsche has apparently shipped 997 turbos with several different brands of tires. My car came shod with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires (235/35ZR19 in front and 305/30ZR19 at rear). While I have replaced all of the tires at least once (sometimes due to nails and the like rather than wear), I always had tires replaced by Porsche dealer with Porsche approved “N-spec” PS2s. The current tires all have at least 6/32” of remaining tread depth (new turbo-spec PS2s have tread depths of 10/32” and 8/32” at the front and rear, respectively).

This turbo is covered by Porsche’s standard warranty, which covers the car for 50,000 miles or 4 years (whichever comes first). I purchased this vehicle new, and it was delivered in November 2006; meaning the current warranty runs through essentially the end of 2010. All service was performed by the Porsche dealership, with recent oil and coolant changes and a new battery just installed. All books, tools, manuals, and keys are included with the vehicle. I will also be including a Porsche trickle charger (which I always hooked up whenever car was going to sit for any extended period of time) and Porsche stretchable fabric car cover with Porsche logo.

I am seeking $94,900 for this beautiful Porsche. While you can find various 997 turbos of similar vintage for sale at somewhat lower price points (as well as many at higher prices), many of those lower priced turbos suffer seem to from at least one, if not several, of the following problems: 1) accidents, 2) higher mileage, 3) unappealing, sometimes outright ugly, paint and/or interior color combinations, 4) multiple owners, or 5) they were leased (unfortunately, folks tend to beat on their leased vehicles). This turbo suffers from none of those issues. I just ran full CarFax report, which supports the preceding points, and would be happy to share a copy of the report.

Moreover, many of the lower-priced turbos have significantly fewer options, sometimes bordering on being almost barren or missing some of the "must haves" (e.g., sports chrono, adaptive sports seats, etc.). In addition, this turbo has Porsche's incomparable ceramic PCCB brakes, a $9,000 option in and of itself. As a result, those turbos can have MSRPs $30,000+ below the "all-in" cost of this turbo. It would cost almost double the asking price to replicate this turbo today.

The vehicle is located in Chicago, Illinois. I would be happy to work with you to coordinate shipping through your preferred covered car carrier service (price of which is not included in the purchase price). Sale and shipment to U.S. located buyers only (i.e., no international sale or shipments). I am willing to coordinate an inspection for serious potential buyers only.

I prefer that payment be made via wire transfer, but would be willing to discuss other reasonable methods. I purchased the car with cash, thus have always had clean title to car and would be able to transfer title to the new owner immediately. I reserve the right to withdraw this sale at any time for any reason. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments: info@porscheturbo997.com.

2007 Porsche 997 turbo
Detail of Options
Porsche Options
E7 Atlas Gey Metallic
05 Natural Leather Grey
P01L Adaptive Sport Seats
220 Axle-Differential Lock Rear
342 Heated Front Seats
450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
635 Parking Assist System
640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo
998 Leather Interior Natural Leather

Porsche Exclusive Options
CGA Headlight Cleaner Cover Ext Color
CPA Thicker Leather Steering Wheel
CXD Door Entry Guards Carbon Illuminated
EAD Carbon Package Switch Panel
XCZ Sport Shifter
XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
XTL Door Finisher in Carbon
09991 All Excl. Opt Stitch Dev Color *
24891 Stitching Front & Rear Seats Dev Color *
24901 Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color *
24902 Door Stitching Dev. Color *
24904 Dev. Stitching Side Center Cnsl *
24905 Rear Side Panel Dev Stitching *
431 3-Spoke Str. Whl Multifunction Lthr
803 Carbon Package
* All exclusive stitching in "Arctic Silver"

Dealer Options
Bluetooth Telephone system
Passport SRX Radar system
3M clear bras
Tire & Wheel Protection

Last edited by Gramicci101; 06-18-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Price change
Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
PV=nRT is infamous around these parts
beautiful car and well-written description; good luck with your sale.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 AM
z2die4 is infamous around these parts
That is one sweet turbo.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Awesome car, GLWS

Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Stunning car !!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
CuriousOne is infamous around these parts
Thanks

Thanks all for compliments (and to Gramicci for posting for me). While I hate to part with my TT, my daughter is rather convinced her continuing her college education is more important than my continuing ownership of TT (I am not so sure, but she can be persuasive). Tim

Old 05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Beauty!! GL with the sale.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
great car and good luck, but thank you for actually putting thought and effort into your sales post, it's refreshing to see a good description and tons of quality pictures taken for the purpose at hand, people should use your post as a template of how to sell their car.../rant

Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
trueloans is infamous around these parts
I can't believe this car is still around.....

Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by trueloans
I can't believe this car is still around.....
I can't believe that someone is not destroyed by the idea of losing $80k in less than 2 years!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
If I had a buyer for my C4S.......I would be purchasing this car

Anyone want a 2007 C4S?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
CuriousOne is infamous around these parts
Price Reduced to $91.9M

Hey All:
I had two different serious potential buyers for my turbo dump out at close to last minute (one went turbo cab and not quite sure what happened to other guy). Therefore turbo is back on the market. Based on various bids I received, including from two serious bidders, seems fair price for car is slightly below prior $94.9M listing price, so I have reduced listing price to $91,900. All else is unchanged.

Contact me at info@porscheturbo997.com if you are interested.

Tim

Old 06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Mazatlan is infamous around these parts
Stunning! Good luck with the sale, beautiful cars always find a buyer!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
kcwc is infamous around these parts
excellent !!! GL

Old 06-19-2009, 10:33 AM
z2die4 is infamous around these parts
Someone please buy this car so I can stop contemplating selling my turbo to get this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 Porsche 997 turbo, Atlas Grey, low miles