Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2001 996 TT - Ruf R Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $57500
Mileage: 43000
Color: blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

whats the approximate DB of the exhaust is it real loud any droning on the highway?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
^^ Ruf's exhaust is quiet. Absolutely no droning. Just slightly louder than stock. Some might not even tell a difference.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Chris997 is infamous around these parts
We have a Ruf dealership near us in Addison! They build one hell of a car!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Sold

Last edited by supercup; 02-11-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Sold

Last edited by supercup; 02-11-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned
PathosRx is infamous around these parts
:drool:

Old 08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Bump

Old 09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Sold

Last edited by supercup; 02-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:47 PM
pwarnery is infamous around these parts
2001 996 TT - Ruf R Turbo

Hello,

this car looks really nice. Did you keep the original intake and exhaust parts? I guess the turbos which were modified by Ruf must have been the stock ones. Would this car be eligible for a PCNA warranty? Finally, I am looking at pricing in Excellence magazine and somehow the sellers always seem to want quiet a bit more than the good condition pricing listed. I am a little puzzled by that. Thanks for your answers.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by pwarnery
Hello,

this car looks really nice. Did you keep the original intake and exhaust parts? I guess the turbos which were modified by Ruf must have been the stock ones. Would this car be eligible for a PCNA warranty? Finally, I am looking at pricing in Excellence magazine and somehow the sellers always seem to want quiet a bit more than the good condition pricing listed. I am a little puzzled by that. Thanks for your answers.
Hi,

I did see the recent excellence and agree their pricing is pretty low. Interesting if you look at NADA guides it is similar (they are a bit higher) to where Excellence was. Kelly Blue book is significantly higher and in fact raised their pricing significantly in August - so they see a rebound in pricing as do the dealers. Having tracked the 05 Turbo S cab market for 9 months what I can tell you is if the pricing was not right things sat, so if it started with an $8 (say $83,000) it sat, if it started with $7 it seemed to go in time, and if it started with a $6 then it disappeared pretty quick. So if you look on Auto trader or Cars.com etc.. pricing is pretty consistent and cars priced right move and those that are not sit.

You always hear about "the deal" and Manheim auction is a great source for wholesale numbers, figure $10k-$15 mark up from there by dealers. Anyway buyers always want the best deal and seller always think their car is worth more and at some point those two collide and you have a sale. But one thing for sure the last 9 months the market has been a buyers market for sure and anything over $65k was hard to move regardless of what it was!

The Turbos on my car are the stock K16's modified by Ruf. The car is not eligible for PCNA CPO warranty as the car is too old.

Hope this answers your questions and if interested let me know.

JCM

Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Ruf R Turbo

Hello,

thanks for your response. I am still looking at cars. Yours is very attractive. One owner, all maintenance records and major service recently done. Not to mention the RUF modifications. I've got myself convinced that the greater stiffeness of the 02 and the reinforced gearbox transmission shafts would be a good thing to have. Of course, I have no experience whatsoever with either 01 or 02, so I don't know if it is worth pursuing. Right now I am looking at 2002's with X50 option in the Bay area for closer to Excellence Good kind of pricing The last 02 I saw was somewhat suspect, so I passed. I am going to look at another car next week and see what $40K gets me, besides the worn out tires and lack of traceability from a service stand point.

Philippe

Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Ride Height

Has the car been lowered from stock? If so are the coilovers adjustable so as to raise the car back to stock ground clearance? I assume you still have the car, eventhough I think you are now the proud owner of a 997 T cabriolet. Please advise. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by pwarnery
Has the car been lowered from stock? If so are the coilovers adjustable so as to raise the car back to stock ground clearance? I assume you still have the car, eventhough I think you are now the proud owner of a 997 T cabriolet. Please advise. Thanks.
Hi,

The tech art coil over shocks and springs do lower the car from the stock ride height by about 1.5". If you would prefer the stock suspension it it included with the car. It has 9,000 miles on it (when the tech art suspension was put on). The Tech Art still offers very good ride quality and a big improvement in handling. The Tech Art is also fully adjustable so you could raise the ride height to be the same as stock with the suspension.

I did get a new 997 Turbo Cab last week and it is a great car. Enjoying it very much.

JCM

Old 10-27-2009, 09:44 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
JCM....LOVE the car....LOVE the color!!! (I have a Lapis Blue 996 C4S w/ the same interior sans CF). I'm toying w/ the idea of picking up a TT vs TT'ing the 4S....I know, two totally different worlds NA vs GT1 motors, but something unique, like your car. Question is, are the stock parts (suspension, exhaust, turbo's, etc) included with the price? If you are negotiable on the price, can you PM me? I live in 20136, so I need to take in to consideration the shipping. Also, wish you were closer (I'm way across the country out in Washington DC area) so I can see it in person. How's the paint, any imperfections. You've been forthright to this point, so definitely appreciated. This car sounds like a very very good deal, plus I've got some stuff like my 19" champion's and Tequipment Roll Bar that would fit NICELY in your car and my wife would have NO CLUE I even changed cars....hahahhahahaa.....Thanks for your responses in advance.
Berk

Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Fantastic Car,

good luck with Sale !

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 996 TT - Ruf R Turbo