Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Blakt Out - Thinking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:20 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Blakt Out - Thinking

Depending on a MD's diagnosis of my right shoulder, I may sell my baby. 6 months after surgery and I still am in pain shifting. If it doesn't bring enough though, I'll just keep it and give it to my son for his 16th birthday. He's 8 months old, and I'm serious.

Extremely well setup and heavily modified by Synergy Racing, 2006 997S with just about every mod available that's worth a hoot. 24k miles. Black car in the middle.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:10 PM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
I enjoyed your article, and hope you will recover and enjoy your car again!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:48 AM
s4e
s4e is infamous around these parts
how much? pics?

Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mrwonder
I enjoyed your article, and hope you will recover and enjoy your car again!
Thank you very much on both accounts.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by s4e
how much? pics?
PM sent, but here's a few more pics.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:53 AM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
$$$$$?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:38 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
The car looks great, Jared. Good luck on your decision. I know you'll get tons of offers, it's just a matter if you want to take up on them

Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
you should probably let people know how much you have into it or a rough idea what you want for it

Old 06-14-2009, 03:08 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
^^ yes..... How much?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Isn't the SC out of the car?

What does it have currently in it?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry guys. I really hadn't thought about the price on the car. Probably between $80k and $90k.

Right now, it has a new (as in less than 100 miles, straight from Porsche) 3.8L in it. Car has 24k miles on it. I will add up the receipts, but as the car sits, a solid estimate invested into it is $175k-200k, INCLUDING the price of the car. Sticker was $94,200.

Details:

Car-
2006 Carrera S. 24k miles. 6 speed. Full leather. 2 tone leather (dark and light gray).
Had a slow slide into a tire wall in which I had to replace the driver fender. To be safe, I we replaced all the suspension stuff because I was going to anyway. I had a catalytic converter break up and the engine sucked in part of the catalyst, so I replaced the engine instead of rebuilding it. The expensive, but right way to do it, in my opinion.

Car was built originally by Synergy Racing. Since then, I have moved and Racer's Edge/European Auto Garage (one of the most impressive shops I've seen in the east coast) has had it in their care. They all can attest for everything done to the car... as does the Excellence article. Since that article, I have done another article for the same mag in which I tested the Panamera. I say this though, because I didn't know anyone at the magazine at the time of the 997S article. There was no favoritism in the outcome. We became buddies through and after that article. Anyway, the only differences from the article to now is that it has a new engine, a Softronic Flash, a new (but same) GMG World Challenge Center Exit exhaust, no supercharger this time, took the roll bar out and sold it, took the Cobra Seats out (as well as the OMP 6 point harnesses) but have them all, including hardware. Have the stock seats and belts in it now just because I knew I'd be recovering from surgery, as well as breaking in the new engine. I didn't care for the last roll bar, so I planned on installing a DASSport one this go around. Oh, I took off the Brembos on the front. They would hit the inside of my wheels coming out of high speeds somehow. They also got too heated. I attest that the stock brakes are better when used with great pads, fluid, and stainless lines.

I'll start with the suspension because it's why the car is so great. However, the result is greater than the sum of the parts, because of the Synergy geniuses.

Suspension/Brakes:
Moton Clubsport Coilovers with very trick mounting for remotes in the front
GT3 Cup adjustable control arms
GMG adjustable sway bars
GMG adjustable dog bones
Monoball suspension mounts (not on the control arms)
Performance Friction Pads
Stainless brake lines
Castrol SRF
custom 19" HRE C23 wheels in matte black with red pinstripe
custom alloy/sandblasted center caps as a gift from HRE
Toyo R888 tires (315 rear, 265 front). Good shape.

Engine/Drivetrain mods:
Sachs Racing Clutch
Sachs lightweight flywheel
Quaife TBD Limited Slip Diff
Softronic Flash
IPD Intake Plenum
GMG World Challenge, thermal coated, exhaust and headers (beautiful)
Synergy Racing engine lowering kit
DASSport engine jack plate (jack up rear of car easily)
OEM short shifter

Exterior:
GMG GT3RS carbon wing
OEM GT3 nose
GMG carbon nose vent
EvoMS carbon mirrors
tinted windows
GMG carbon kevlar GT3 cup rear bumper
Synergy Racing rear chromolly engine cage
Clear Corners

Interior:
Cobra Suzuka Technology Carbon/Alcantara racing seats
OMP 6 point harnesses
Stock Carrera S seats and belts currently in
OEM Carbon center console
OEM Carbon shift ****

Electronics:
Traqmate GPS Lap Analyzation System
ChaseCam video processor and hard drive
2 ChaseCam Bullet Cams
Pioneer AVIC-N1 head unit (iPod video and audio, Sirius, DVD, Nav, etc)
2 JL Audio 8" subs in slick, interior-matching box behind rear seatbacks
Focal Utopia 6.5" component speakers in doors
JL Audio 250/4 amp
JL Audio 250/2 amp, both mounted in nose
K40 Spectra Integrated Radar/Laser Detector/Diffuser system

Windshield has some chips. Had chips in hood just fixed. Looks new. Car is show quality.

If interested, I can show receipts for all this stuff. Also, let me know of any specific pics you might want. I'm still thinking this through, but I figured that I should go ahead and get the word out just in case.

Jared

Last edited by blakt out; 06-15-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
I've driven the car and had it at three "Cars and Coffee" events held at European Auto Garage. This car is better than my 996 GT3 and gets "thumbs up" everywhere I've taken it in the Knoxville area. I cannot imagine a better 997 that has a better lineage in the U.S.

Good luck if you sell it!

Minid will be very disappointed if you sell it!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by DHinkle
I've driven the car and had it at three "Cars and Coffee" events held at European Auto Garage. This car is better than my 996 GT3 and gets "thumbs up" everywhere I've taken it in the Knoxville area. I cannot imagine a better 997 that has a better lineage in the U.S.

Good luck if you sell it!

Minid will be very disappointed if you sell it!
Wow. Pretty heavy, DH. I appreciate it!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Jared,

A very fair asking price, excellent deal for someone looking for a well setup track weapon, too bad you're competing sales with a 7GT3 at this price.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:21 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Looks like a beautiful and well sorted 911! Good luck with the sale, but more importantly good luck with the recovery so that you don't have to sell her!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Blakt Out - Thinking