Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R Supercar for sale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 09:39 AM
NobleGTO is infamous around these parts
Exclamation 2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R Supercar for sale!

Hi all,

Due to an unexpected financial situation I need to sell my new Noble . The car was first registered in April of this year and was my daily driver up until recently. It's in immaculate condition. Here's the basics:

- This is the only street-legal / California smog exempt Noble in the world. As a CA-exempt car, the car never has to be smogged, and just about anything can be done to it legally (ie, removing the cat converters is legal on this car ).

2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R
- 3300 miles (daily commute only, I'm actually embarrassed to say..)
- Titanium Silver metallic
- 6 speed
- Quaife LSD
- 400hp twin-turbo V6 (stock Noble is ~360hp)
- Upgraded ball-bearing turbos, fuel system and ECU map.
- Weighs under 2400 lbs
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
- 1/4 mile in 11.8
- 1.15 G's of roadholding on stock street tires
- 13" 4 piston aluminum AP Racing brake setup, front & rear
- Built-in, alcantara-padded roll cage, and 4 point harnesses (in addition to the standard 3-pt lap/shoulder belts).
- Will outlap a Porsche GT3 & Ferrari 360 Stradale by 2+ seconds (depending on track)
- The only exotic I'm aware of that fits tall drivers (6'4"+)
- Fully loaded including A/C, leather, high-end stereo, alarm, track oil sump, etc etc.
- Complete option list is on the website, below.

Asking price is $94.5k but I'm negotiable/open to reasonable offers..

All the details, options, additional pictures, press quotes, etc for my car are here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~noblegto/index.html

Car is located in the Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey area.

For those seriously interested, you can pm me here or feel free to email me at noblegto@earthlink.net

Also, if anyone has any thoughts about other websites where the audience would be interested in (and capable of purchasing ) a car like this, it's much appreciated if you could drop me a line! Thanks.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
WHat a beauty. Its a shame you have to sell.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
you've got mail

Old 11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
sweet ride! was that u at the FX run?

what's the price tag when it's new?

Old 11-15-2004, 02:49 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Wow, what a car and what a price.

Kirby, buy it so we can ride it.
Buy it before Arling does.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
That car looks AWSOME! Only thing is that the spoiler looks out of place with the curved lines of the car.

That is a cool super car for sure.

Tim

Old 11-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
that is an awesome ride.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
Is this the same Noble that i saw at the Ferrari Run??

My brother is in the market for a new car and i'm gonna try and get him to buy it before Arling does.....!!!!

Old 11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
have your brother do it peter that would be badass.. if u do ewnd up getting it.. i want a ride lol

that car rocks....

Old 11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Re: 2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R Supercar for sale!

Originally posted by NobleGTO
[B]...2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R
- 3300 miles (daily commute only, I'm actually embarrassed to say..)
- Will outlap a Porsche GT3 & Ferrari 360 Stradale by 2+ seconds (depending on track)
You have what appears to be an amazing little car. However, I'm very curious as to how you know your Noble can outlap a GT3 & CS by 2+ seconds when you state your car has not been on track in the 3300 miles you've driven it?

I forgot to add that you could try listing your car in Hemmings, the DuPont Registry and Robb Report.

Greg A

Last edited by teflon; 11-20-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
NobleGTO is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the responses! Based on the emails I've been getting from 6speed members it sounds like I'll be able to forgo taking out ads in periodicals, but as we all know, a car isn't sold until the money's in your hands .

Yes, that was me on the FX drive. I think the picture at the bottom of my web page was from that event. (Jordan Witherspoon took the picture -- that guy is one hell of an 'amateur' photographer!)

Tim - While that picture from the rear really over-emphasizes the (stock) rear wing, you wouldn't be the first to comment on it. It's fully adjustable though and I'm told is functional at speeds beyond 85mph. That said, there are 4 easy-to-access bolts that hold it on, and I know at least a couple Noble owners who keep the wing off. In-person I've found that the wing actually "feels right" on the car.

Ok, who's this Arling guy that keeps getting mentioned? -

Greg - I'm not one to make claims about one car being faster than another at a track based on personally racing someone else . Drivers make all the difference and I couldn't see the results being apples-to-apples unless the same driver drove both cars at the track back-to-back. (And as for me, I'm a track novice).

The estimate was based on magazine results where the cars were tested, as well as hearing from magazine drivers who have driven both cars at the track. (For someone making a serious offer on this car, I am happy to put them in touch with one of the magazine writers to get his take, if they'd like). Though I heard from someone who attended Automobile magazine's track car shootout (at Barber Motorsports Park) that the test driver had almost no seat time in the Noble before putting it through its test, it still clocked in a 1:42.0 lap time vs. a 1:44.1 for the GT3 (the 500hp Viper for comparison clocked a 1:45.3).

Though a 911 Twin Turbo might not be a GT3, the track results from Top Gear magazine have the Noble at 1:25 vs a 1:32 for the 911 TT.

On a related note, Autocar magazine recently chose the Noble M400 (a lightly upgraded variant of my car, including stiffer springs/shocks, a/c & leather delete, and ~35 more horsepower than mine) as the "Best Driver's car", beating out the 911 GT3 RS, Gallardo, Lotus Exige, and M3 CSL. The M400 lapped at 52.60 vs the GT3 RS's 54.20. Here's a portion of the article where they compare it to the GT3 RS:

"We suspected it (the Noble) might be seriously quick around the circuit, but to conjure 1.6 sec of clean air between itself and the Porsche GT3 RS is a measure of its unprecedented pace. In fact, the Noble belongs to a speed category beyond the Porsche; its lap time is far closer to the Caterham's (Caterham Superlight R500 Evo) than the GT3's. Given that the R500 Evo was conceived to be nothing other than the fastest four-wheeled device on the planet, the lack of air-con (the M400 has no air con) suddenly seems somewhat less important.

A fast lap in the Noble is a big rush. There is no dark art involved in its success, and the lap-times were consistently faster than the Porsche because it is more accelerative to 120mph, generates more grip from its P-Zero Corsas (same tire as the GT3 RS) and matches it under braking. The braking zone into Paddock was the only part of the track able to expose anything approaching a fault in the M400. The steering is actually very light, and over some treacherous bumps just before the turn-in point there was the briefest moment when the front end simply stopped feeding back information. The GT3 was more consistent through here.

Then again, the GT3 had discovered contours and cambers everywhere else around the circuit that the Noble knew nothing about. The extra level of confidence (Noble) available through the compression before Druids and the Surtees flik-flak needed to be experienced to be believed. But more than anything, approachability is the Noble's key advantage over the Porsche. It's not so much an elitist device, and it's more willing to offer its considerable ability to a less talented audience. Push beyond the available mechanical grip and the Noble is more benign than the GT3, too. Slicing the ideal line was so enjoyable that not many people felt the need to ignite the Noble's rear tires, but if you did it felt just as natural and balanced as in the Porsche."

Hope this helped!

Marc

Old 11-19-2004, 05:27 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Marc,

Thank you for the info! It was very informative. Good luck on selling your car.

Greg A

Old 11-20-2004, 11:50 AM
SQLB is infamous around these parts
Noble

My boss just got a brand new one (Northridge, CA) that's a dark metallic navy blue . He also has a GT3 and according to him this thing blows the GT3 away.

I tried keeping up with him in the freeway in my 03 Carrera 2 and he left me like I was standing still. LOL