Location (State):

Item Condition:

Ft: Mint s2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:31 PM
s2kev is infamous around these parts
Ft: Mint s2000

I have a mint condition 2003 Honda S2000 that I would like to trade for something more practical. The car has no issues and the maintenance has been performed regularly. It has never been abused or taken to the track. It rarely even gets driven as it only has 28k miles and is always parked inside a garage. The soft top has no holes whatsoever and the interior looks brand new. Some believe that the 2003 (AP1) is the best year S2k because it has a glass rear window (along with a few other upgrades prior models didn't have) and was the last year that has the 9k rpm redline. An S2000 gives you the experience of owning a sports car without the cost of owning a sports car because it is inexpensive to maintain and extremely reliable. The only modifications I have done are purely cosmetic and they include: wheels (gunmetal 18" Volk LE28N), lowering on Espelir springs, clearing out the headlights (but I changed the bulbs amber to keep it legal), and recently I replaced the front bumper for the newer AP2 version and added an OEM lip. The car has never had any engine modifications. I'd hate to sell my car nor do I need to but it would be nice to have something that I can drive everyday/everywhere as I don't even drive my s2000 into downtown LA or any other areas that will make me paranoid about potholes, steep driveways, theft, vandalism, etc. I'm looking for anything along the lines of a e46 m3, e90/e92, e350, clk350, 525i, 530i, 996 911, 745li, g500, slk55, etc. Just let me know what you have and I'll see if I want it, I prefer something in the same meticulous condition as my car. This is the most recent picture that I have, it was taken about 2 weeks ago. I'd really prefer to trade but since I have to post a price per forum rules I'm just gonna say $26k. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:56 PM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
You won't drive that into downtown LA, but you would take any of the cars that you listed? Am I the only one that sees that as funny? GLWS/T bro.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with the trade - those are fun cars. If you decide to sell, just as a bit of helpful info since I've been looking at these for a while now to buy as a toy - you're $10k too rich. Brand new is only a few thousand more.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
SocalC4s: Haha I won't drive it into LA not because I think its an expensive car (because there are $100k+ cars driving around downtown all the time) but because it's just too low and the downtown roads are a little rough, I'd cry every time I heard a scrape if i did drive it around there. Also, I think this car draws a lot more attention for some reason than the ones I listed. I guess its a good thing around girls or the suburbs but not so much in the sketchy areas haha.

Leftlane: Yeah I do think my price is steep, especially for the ridiculously cheap 2001s and 2002s that can be had right now but I really am more interested in a trade and it's tough to find any preowned S2k from any year in the condition mine is in. But there are definitely deals to be had on S2k's right now! They actually stopped production on them and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing in terms of value but brand new ones at dealer don't have the 9k rpm redline . It might not be important for some but I HAD to have the 9k rpm redline as it was the main reason I wanted an S2000.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
topcarbon is infamous around these parts
More practical? How about trading for a Lamborghini Diablo?

Good Luck.....fun car.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Yeah, good luck getting what you are looking for in terms of trade value. Maybe a Mercedes or Bimmer or ISF would do what you are looking for.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
the kbb value of that car is 15,740.

Let me know how much you want to sell it for.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Leviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond reputeLeviathan has a reputation beyond repute
Someone is aiming high.

The newer engines have more torque. I love the s2k, but agree they should've kept the 9k redline after the facelift. I'm pretty certain new s2k's can still be bought from the dealership. Didn't they make a club sport model recently?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 AM
SoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud ofSoCal C4S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Leviathan
Someone is aiming high.

The newer engines have more torque. I love the s2k, but agree they should've kept the 9k redline after the facelift. I'm pretty certain new s2k's can still be bought from the dealership. Didn't they make a club sport model recently?
Yeah, the Honda dealer I visited in June had new S2k's on the showroom floor, and they were priced around 30k out the door.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 AM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
Originally Posted by Leviathan
Someone is aiming high.

the only reason to get this car over the newer models is that it does retain the previous engine while getting some updates (glass rear window etc)

now that aside your way to high this car is probably worth about 16k max take it to a carmax and see how much you get lowballed maybe 12k tops i'd say you best bet is to reprice your car somewhere in that range considering all the factors hope this advice helps a bit and GLWS

Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 AM
I forgot to mention (I thought it was assumed) that of course cash can be added/deducted accordingly with trades. I know my selling price is high but that's what it will take to get me to sell it as I REALLY would rather just trade so I don't have to deal with selling the car then looking for a new one. Anything less and I'd rather just keep the car as I'm not starving for money right now and it doesn't cost me anything to let it sit in the garage. I know its not believable but I actually turned down offers at a car meet for $24k from some local ballers who wanted a mint AP1 to make into a full track car. But yeah, if anyone is looking to BUY an S2k, now is definitely the time as there are some really good deals on out there.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:47 AM
erenyes is infamous around these parts
I just sold my mint 2007 white with red and black interior, highly sought after colors for 24,250

Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 AM
djwhiplash2001 is infamous around these parts
Modded 08 GTI (242whp/260wtq) + $1 per RPM that you can do on your end?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM
kpflynn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by s2kev
I know its not believable but I actually turned down offers at a car meet for $24k from some local ballers who wanted a mint AP1 to make into a full track car. But yeah, if anyone is looking to BUY an S2k, now is definitely the time as there are some really good deals on out there.
They were talking out of their ***. There's a lower mileage 2003 for sale on s2ki for $15.9k.

I understand your logic of not really wanting to sell it so you put a higher cash price on it, but the issue is most people are going to assume you want roughly the same "trade value" for the car as well. You may want to put what you realistically expect to value the car as during a trade.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
pass me whatever you are smoking

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ft: Mint s2000