Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

'01 996TT - Silver/Black (sport seats), 6sp, 29k miles (OHIO)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $49000
Mileage: 33000
Color: Silver/Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Originally Posted by kzrsoize
Bump for a clean-**** turbo, and a great seller. Wait thats my old turbo, TK perhaps you should swap seats between your 911TT and get into a Cayenne TT keep it in the family some what. Im sure mama and baby will thank you for it later.

Any activity, legitament activity ? GLWS we will talk soon.
Hey Marc,

Yes, there is some interest, but most people are holding out for a "better" deal. I am not in rush, and while it is a sensitive choice to sell the car to get a nice SUV, if the car does not sell, we'll manage.

Originally Posted by SeanE55-AMG
Congrats! Good luck.
Thanks Sean!!

Originally Posted by 911-AL
Car looks clean like mine

You are right though. These cars are great with higher miles too but lower mile cars should obviously pull in a good amount more than the average 50-75k mile car.
I agree, that's the way I thought of this buy, and while I could have gotten a 996TT for $35K, I held out for exactly what I wanted. Nothing wrong with high mile cars, but a few grand more was worth it for me for a mint car.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:12 PM
cotenseto is infamous around these parts
bit of advice; if you're going to try to sell it for a profit, you might not want to post a link confirming the fact

Old 11-26-2009, 06:24 AM
ssarchi is infamous around these parts
...what he said

Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol,

1) Anyone spending $50k on a car will do research, so as a stand up guy, I'm just saving the buyer some time, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

2) After expeses for bringing the car to the mid-west (which anyone buying an east coast car will have) and little negotiation I am willing to do, I am looking for break even.

3) It doesn't matter what I paid for the car but what the car is worth. I could have easily asked Marc to take reference to pricing out of his thread which he would have done, but I have nothing to hide.

Here is a bit of advice for you - next time you go to a dealer, try to negotiate a price based on what they paid for the car and see what they tell you.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
has the 30k service been done?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tvr-4
Lol,

1) Anyone spending $50k on a car will do research, so as a stand up guy, I'm just saving the buyer some time, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

2) After expeses for bringing the car to the mid-west (which anyone buying an east coast car will have) and little negotiation I am willing to do, I am looking for break even.

3) It doesn't matter what I paid for the car but what the car is worth. I could have easily asked Marc to take reference to pricing out of his thread which he would have done, but I have nothing to hide.

Here is a bit of advice for you - next time you go to a dealer, try to negotiate a price based on what they paid for the car and see what they tell you.
I agree with most of your post, as I believe sellers are completely free to sell at whatever price they can get - whether it is at a profit or a loss is not relevant to me. However, as for your last point regarding what the dealer pays - anyone with an internet connection who doesn't attempt to buy based on what the dealer most likely paid is not doing their homework. It's not hard at all to figure out what a dealer probably paid, either new or used, and then base your negotiations off that. The difference is, dealers are in the retail business - personal sellers aren't.

All that said, you have a beautiful car and I wish you good luck with the sale. The price seems right based on others I've been looking at, whether it is more or less than what you paid.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by XwalkerX
has the 30k service been done?
***EDIT*** The 30k has now been done!

Originally Posted by leftlane
I agree with most of your post, as I believe sellers are completely free to sell at whatever price they can get - whether it is at a profit or a loss is not relevant to me. However, as for your last point regarding what the dealer pays - anyone with an internet connection who doesn't attempt to buy based on what the dealer most likely paid is not doing their homework. It's not hard at all to figure out what a dealer probably paid, either new or used, and then base your negotiations off that. The difference is, dealers are in the retail business - personal sellers aren't.

All that said, you have a beautiful car and I wish you good luck with the sale. The price seems right based on others I've been looking at, whether it is more or less than what you paid.
I don't disagree, thanks! ;-)

Last edited by tvr-4; 04-24-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Change of info
Old 12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
BTW - when was the PPI done - when you bought it? Would you be open to emailing that to me?

Any interest in trading for an 07 Tahoe LTZ or an 06 Infiniti M45?

I'd like to fly up and drive this puppy home - but it seems like I'm stuck in tire-kicking limbo as I try to decide what to do. Lots of nice cars out there - but I'm definitely partial to arctic silver with low miles.

I might have missed it - do you have pretty comprehensive service records?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks - you can email me the PPI at termenio@tx.rr.com whenever you get a chance.

I was half-joking about the trades - I know you're looking for an SUV, but it never hurts to throw it out there. I use the Infiniti for work - it's an 06 M45 with every option (called the Premium Package) - navi, DVD audio, DVD rear seat entertainment, reclining and heated rear seats, heated and cooled front seats, Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent Cruise Control, keyless go, Twilight Blue exterior (very dark blue) with tan interior. I have about 50k miles on it and it's certified to 100k. I'll look to see what it's worth and repost for you tomorrow, but I'm really looking at a TT for a 3rd car toy anyway.

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2009, 03:44 PM
direwolf is infamous around these parts
I remember this car when it was for sale before... looks nice... GLWS!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
pm sent

Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
can you pm me your email
please

Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
kzrsoize is infamous around these parts
TK, any luck with the sale? Last posts were interested members, just curious. Merry xmas

Old 12-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by kzrsoize
TK, any luck with the sale? Last posts were interested members, just curious. Merry xmas
Hi Marc,

I've gotten some offers, but decided to keep the car for now. It isn't worth selling to me under the current asking price, so we'll manage SUV situation by getting a cheaper one vs. what we wanted.

Merry Christmas to you guys as well, hope you have a great one!

TK

Old 12-24-2009, 12:12 PM
fstrnyu is infamous around these parts
What about an even trade on a mint '02 X5 4.6is and a fully built '92 Mustang street car making a conservative 640hp on pump gas?
BTW I am in Cleveland and have family in Cincy so it could be an easy exchange.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '01 996TT - Silver/Black (sport seats), 6sp, 29k miles (OHIO)