Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

F/S: 996tt...Tx Mile 10/09 221.212mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks again Gents, appreciate all of the support. Art

Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
Hope whoever buys it makes good use out of this car. I almost considered this car simply because of how good of a deal it is, but I don't know if I'm even qualified to be driving a car with well over 1000 horsepower, when I don't even have any experience driving stock 911 turbos. Do you have to be a pro to even handle a car like this? How hard is it to drive daily?

I don't consider myself a stranger to horsepower, especially considering I've ridden many sport bikes with HP : LB ratios of under 4HP : 1 LB (fastest cars I've driven probably have under 6HP : 1 LB), but the simple fact that I don't even know quite how a car like yours would feel, I don't know if it would be a good idea to buy a car that's already like that. But damn, even this car is well under 3 HP : 1 LB, so I can't say I've felt power that's even close to that. I could see myself possibly driving this car if I started out driving the car when it had under 600hp, and then driving the car as it moves up every couple hundred hp.

What's the most this car could be de-tuned without changing any parts, or just simple stuff like software? Or maybe some smaller turbos, possibly benefiting from less lag? I was wondering that with all the mods the car has, if it was detuned several hundred HP and all of its tuning geared towards the smoothest powerband possible with as little lag as possible, what could come of that? I know what I'm saying here is probably blasphemy to some of you guys, but just keep in mind where I'm coming from, and the power would probably make its way back in there once I got used to it. This is all just theoretical, as I probably won't get to buy the car anyway, and looking at how long my post is I hate to be thread-jacking you, but a lot of my questions for this come from the fact that I've always wondered what would be the best way to modify a 996tt purely for a smooth powerband, as little lag as possible, and only those things without focusing on pure power.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:33 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
man, i'd say buy this car and leave it as is or don't buy it at all.... it's already gone thru the ringer of testing and tuning... and that's serious testing and tuning.... Tx Mile, 60-130s, dynos, etc etc......

It is a helluva deal and I thought of trying to make some things happen just to pick it up since it's a steal for such a well known dialed in car.

No disrespect intended, but if you have to ask if you can handle a 1200hp car, I think you might've answered your own question.

How did this car not sell right away when the price was lowered to 75k. Amazing value.

Hope all is well Art.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks again guys. I have a very serious person in Socal right now. Besides $$$, a lot of energy and hard work has gone through this car. Heads were re-torqued 4 times. It was on tuned by Todd K. in person in Cali on the dyno and on the road. It has registered the highest air flow on Todd's lap top. The 1032whp was not the max number either. The car is capable of putting down over 1100whp. It has a brand new clutch that holds all the power and the suspension is another expensive piece of ART The car was raked by engineers and tested on high speeds. I drove the car at Texas Mile for the first time without having any seat time in it. The car hit a 4.25 seconds with two people in it at 31 lbs of boost. It has more room left in it:eeK: I wish I did not have to sell this car but my family priorities over see my pleasure zone.
Art

Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Broker404
Hope whoever buys it makes good use out of this car. I almost considered this car simply because of how good of a deal it is, but I don't know if I'm even qualified to be driving a car with well over 1000 horsepower, when I don't even have any experience driving stock 911 turbos. Do you have to be a pro to even handle a car like this? How hard is it to drive daily?

I don't consider myself a stranger to horsepower, especially considering I've ridden many sport bikes with HP : LB ratios of under 4HP : 1 LB (fastest cars I've driven probably have under 6HP : 1 LB), but the simple fact that I don't even know quite how a car like yours would feel, I don't know if it would be a good idea to buy a car that's already like that. But damn, even this car is well under 3 HP : 1 LB, so I can't say I've felt power that's even close to that. I could see myself possibly driving this car if I started out driving the car when it had under 600hp, and then driving the car as it moves up every couple hundred hp.

What's the most this car could be de-tuned without changing any parts, or just simple stuff like software? Or maybe some smaller turbos, possibly benefiting from less lag? I was wondering that with all the mods the car has, if it was detuned several hundred HP and all of its tuning geared towards the smoothest powerband possible with as little lag as possible, what could come of that? I know what I'm saying here is probably blasphemy to some of you guys, but just keep in mind where I'm coming from, and the power would probably make its way back in there once I got used to it. This is all just theoretical, as I probably won't get to buy the car anyway, and looking at how long my post is I hate to be thread-jacking you, but a lot of my questions for this come from the fact that I've always wondered what would be the best way to modify a 996tt purely for a smooth powerband, as little lag as possible, and only those things without focusing on pure power.
Turn the boost down/off and at .8 bars it will have 400 less hp. You will still have lag, however.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
With my set up & turbos, it spools at 2600rpm up to redline.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Turn the boost down/off and at .8 bars it will have 400 less hp. You will still have lag, however.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Broker404

6hp:1lb? A 3000lb car would have 12,000 HP . I know what you meant just kidding a bit.

Dr. J, how does reducing the boost get rid of lag? I am not sure that is possible. Maybe you mean that reducing boost reduces peak power which in turns makes the car feel more linear since the hp curve does not skyrocket. However, if the car starts boosting at 2600, reducing boost will not shift the rpm down, at least I don't think it will.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
6hp:1lb? A 3000lb car would have 12,000 HP . I know what you meant just kidding a bit.

Dr. J, how does reducing the boost get rid of lag? I am not sure that is possible. Maybe you mean that reducing boost reduces peak power which in turns makes the car feel more linear since the hp curve does not skyrocket. However, if the car starts boosting at 2600, reducing boost will not shift the rpm down, at least I don't think it will.
I never said reducing boost would reduce lag. Big turbos are big turbos and will always have more lag although everything that could be done to help spool up has been done on this car.

I wish I could buy it just for the engine and parts.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
sorry, misunderstood. I agree, that engine is a beast. you could buy the car part it out and make most of your money back. I'd keep that tranny as well. Hell, I'd keep the whole car. To much work to move the stuff off it.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Still for sale for those who are interested.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 PM
TurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really niceTurboChris996tt is just really nice
This is one bad a$$ car. Good luck my bro.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I got a great offer for the car and could not pass the opportunity. SOLD

Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Congrats art! Good luck with any future projects.

Hope your Mom is doing better.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks Ben. I appreciate all the support from the Forum here and wish the best to all of you. I've had great fun in all the projects and builds.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Sad to see her go, but glad it worked out for you bro. Hope all works out personally for you as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F/S: 996tt...Tx Mile 10/09 221.212mph