Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Looking for mid 70's Yamaha Sr500 to restore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Looking for mid 70's Yamaha Sr500 to restore

Let me know if you know of any old barn finds, or have one sitting in your garage taking up space. Condition not an issue.... the closer to SoCal the better.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
scraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond repute
I used to race an 1980 SR500. Lots of fun, but if you took them too far you could life the top end right off the base.

When I sold it I also sold two other SR's. One a parts bike and the other one my street machine. I'm sorry I wish I still had them to sell to you. If you ever find one I will tell you right now you will enjoy it more than you can imagine.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:21 PM
scraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond reputescraps has a reputation beyond repute
Just thought of something. If you can't find an SR you might want to look into a honda GB500. I have one and it's almost as much fun as the SR, but since I'm trying to keep it spec. I don't jam it around much.

If you are considering going racing another bike that is cheap to race is the Honda NT650 twin. I also have one of those, but don't race it. My current race bike is Rotax 560 single in a Terry Knight custom frame. Radared at Laguna Seca at 158mph.