Location (State):

Item Condition:

2006 Porsche Boxster S RUF 3800S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM
RAC
Former Vendor
RAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud of
2006 Porsche Boxster S RUF 3800S

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Price: $49900
Mileage: 14932
Color: Arctic Silver Metallic
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

RUF Auto Centre is pleased to present this 2006 Porsche Boxster S that has been converted to RUF 3800S specifications. The RUF 3800S conversion is done by transplanting a 3.8L X51 engine from a 997 Carrera S into the Boxster S platform that produces a stunning 381bhp. In addition the engine conversion, H&R springs have been added to give this Boxster S a more aggressive stance.
This Boxster S was ordered from the factory with the following options:
  • Artic Silver Metallic
  • Special Leather Cocoa
  • Cocoa Top
  • Porsche Windstop
  • Bi-Xenon Headlamps
  • 19" Carrera S wheel
  • Preferred Package
  • Wheels Caps with Colored Crest
  • Self Dimming Mirrors with Rain Sensors
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Floor Mats Interior Color
  • Bose High End Sound Package
The RUF 3800S converison is unsuspecting to say the least. While other brag about their sports cars giving away all the intimate details, this one will make them sit back and wonder. With a quick turn of the key, the exhaust note gives you a quick idea that this Boxster has an attitude. The modified suspenion provides a unique balance between comfort and handling.
It's one thing to claim high horsepower numbers, it's another to be to use every last pony....that's where RUF has perfected their product. The 3800S conversion delivers 381bhp through a 6spd transmission and gives excellent torque numbers throughout the entire RPM range.
From times long ago, this Boxster S brings back a favorite phrase among Porschephiles; Rebel without a cause......
Please contact the Sales Team at RUF Auto Centre today for more information on this 3800S conversion.
As with all of our pre-owned inventory, this car has been through a rigorous pre-purchase inspection to make sure that it is the highest level of quality that our clients have come to expect. Our state of the art Service Department at RUF Auto Centre is staffed with Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini trained technicians to insure that all of your service needs are handled properly and efficiently.

Attached Images      

Last edited by RAC; 09-02-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: change price
Old 02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
silkysmooth is infamous around these parts
my first time hearing about this special edition by RUF.
GLWS

Old 02-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
This must be a blast to drive, I lovvved my 987 Boxster and would love to own a 3.8 Liter Boxster or a Turbo 2.7 in the future. To anyone considering any 997... this is definitly a car i would add to the list.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 AM
RAC
Former Vendor
RAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud ofRAC has much to be proud of
price has been changed

Old 09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
how many miles on the motor vs. the chasis?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned
etwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really nice
i hope you thought about brakes too!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 AM
RAC
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GBXSport
how many miles on the motor vs. the chasis?
The conversion was done on this car in May, 2007 at 12,978 miles with a new crate engine from Porsche

Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned
etwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really nice
Originally Posted by etwd
i hope you thought about brakes too!

guess your avoidance of the question is my answer

Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
RAC
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by etwd
guess your avoidance of the question is my answer
avoidance would not be a correct assesment

The car has the factory Boxster S brakes.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
RAC
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by oops
I highly doubt Porsche Engineers would have added that much HP without consideration of the brakes too.

Don't get me wrong here, but you did what most back-yard mechanics would have done with a VERY limited budget. Not exactly what I would expect from Ruf though. How about the cooling?

I had a 1988 Dodge Caravan w/ the Mitsubishi V6 (show room vehicle). The van was designed for the Mit. 4, but good ole Dodge threw in a v6 without ANY consideration of cooling, brakes, or transmission. They basically threw in a larger engine - period. Needless to say, the vehicle was bought back under the Lemon Law.

Remember the 914s? transplanting larger engines without upgrading brakes, cooling, chassis, transmission? Seems very similar IMHO.........
you're comparing brakes on a dodge caravan to brakes on a 2006 Boxster S?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I would agree with Oops that a more complete upgrade package would have included upgraded brakes and suspension.....but what are the oem differences between boxster S and carrera S regarding cooling, brakes and suspension? Anybody know?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Let's get this thread back on topic, which is a classified...that means no negative posting....if you have questions about the item or the wisdom of the seller make them via private messages not in open forum per board rules...thanks

Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Looks like a fun car and I love the brown interior. I just wish I had a little extra dough so I could make it mine

Old 09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Great car for someone and a super color combination.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Sorry Chuck, I was not trying to be negative, but rather wondering what differences(cooling, brakes, suspension) Porsche built into the boxster s versus the carrera s, that the motor in question was designed for.

I had a boxster in this color combo, and its stunning.